THC Farmer Youtube style!!

• Thread starter TheNman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheNman

Greetings!

It'd be REALLY cool if this thread could get popular, so the breeders i'm speaking to might one day view it!

I am so TIRED of finding basically jack-squat about strains i'm researching online!

Finding the same description, the same generic pic, the same seedling and/or early veg and/or poor condition grow!
The odd time, you MIGHT come across a site like this in google's engine, with an pretty nice diary and pics, but ultimately too few and far in between to be objectionably useful to the cannabis community at large.

The level of dedication to marijuana strains online is still stuck in the 20th century!

Who would've thunk it.... a product that's gone through the most intensive breeding program in the history of life on this planet, has fallen behind the times, as far as the average internet junky is concerned, let alone by any modern business model.

What i'm suggesting is that all you amazing breeders out there, who create the wonderful strains you do, find a new home on sites like youtube!

Imagine... looking for, say, Chimera's Calizahr online and finding a 3-5min video on it, from... get this.... Chimera himself.... or a friend/person they hired to record, edit and upload said vid. lol
Not finding one or two rotating, generic pics from banks or in a diary, in a style you wouldn't use, almost nullifying said wealth of documented information.
Not finding: "Normally suited for bush style, it can also respond well to pruning for SOG", but actually finding pictures and video footage of it being grown in both bush and SOG styles!

I want to SEE it being grown in several methods!
I want to SEE the difference in yields between soil and hydro and HEAR from "the horses mouth" what method and feeding regiment gives the best taste!

None of this: "Can be finicky with the nutes."
Why not listen to The Man himself describe the way to get best results.

Now, i know you guys are busy and whatnot, BUT do you understand the consumer confidence that could be won by having such a descriptive selling platform?

If i'm choosing between say, two orange tasting strains and one i research simply provides the information vacuum i've been ranting about and the other has a 5min vid from the breeder, giving you all the inside scoops from every angle... not thinking :"will it come out like that with my method?", but: "oh shit... it will come out like that!".....
Which strain do you think i'll be purchasing?... situation allowing.

You guys should all have your own youtube channels, so if i hear about one of your strains, i can zip over to your channel, search the strain and see enough to make me drop $100-$200 on your beans!

I know we already have DJ, Reeferman, Chimera, etc on here, which is great interaction and makes us feel more comfortable and familiar with you.
You need to do that on a much brooder scale!

Do you guys realize how many MILLIONS of views your vids would get on youtube?

Seriously.... this is a MUST!
OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNELS FOR EVERY BREEDER!

I just hope you guys can grow enough needs to supply the potential new demand! lol

HAPPY GROWING!

F

FastForward

Nice idea, GHSC are already doing it....but tbh their vids are marketing vids to showcase their strains, and not growing guides.

I'd personally prefer if the breeders spent their time doing what they love and do best - breeding - rather than turning the community into an even bigger marketing fest, powered by money rather than skills and taste...imho....

S

Slick

I'm hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still a newbie around here but from my understanding of it the current information like best ways to grow given by breeders relating to how best to treat their various strains is fine as is.

A plant grown in different locations will always have differences whether it is the same strain or not, grown the same way or not; yes there will be similarities but it comes back to the old argument of nature versus nurture. Breeders already give us the best genetics (nature) and the best way to grow (nurture) the strains they produce, how we go about it is up to us and thats where the art and science of gardening come in which people can only learn from experience and not from watching videos.

Alot of people by nature are idiots and would no doubt complain that they weren't getting the same results as the breeder on the video.

As far as I can see the great breeders will only ever do what they do for the passion of it and thats what attracts me to thier products.

T

TheNman

Nice idea, GHSC are already doing it....but tbh their vids are marketing vids to showcase their strains, and not growing guides.

I'd personally prefer if the breeders spent their time doing what they love and do best - breeding - rather than turning the community into an even bigger marketing fest, powered by money rather than skills and taste...imho....

Exactly fast forward, i forgot to mention GHSC already had a channel.

Though, i wasn't suggesting that it should be used as a means to make more cash, but rather a better representation of their product.

People who often suggest that the status quo is fine, usually aren't part of the status quo.

Pro growers would have a much easier time understanding how certain genetics would fair, as they're probably familiar with the traits of the parents.
Someone like myself though, who's grown only a few strains, can usually only understand and focus on traits like taste or potency.

If i wasn't sure how, say, NL grew, a description detailing that "it has the classic NL growth patterns" would mean little to nothing to me.

It's not about making more sales, just more informed ones!
... though more sales is always a good thing!

Those who would say that mass marketing of cannabis strains is wrong, don't understand that to "overgrow the government", not just breeders and avid growers must be growing.
Everyone must!

T

TheNman

but from my understanding of it the current information like best ways to grow given by breeders relating to how best to treat their various strains is fine as is.

A plant grown in different locations will always have differences whether it is the same strain or not, grown the same way or not; yes there will be similarities but it comes back to the old argument of nature versus nurture.

Well, i'd have to completely disagree with you about the adequate information on strains, slick.

I've been looking at strains online for about 3yrs. I have yet to be satisfied with the educational level of the strains i've sought.

And yes, while everyone gets different results, it'd be nice to at least have a rough idea.

What we're talking about is passive marketing. The breeders need only spend(or hire someone to spend) a little bit of time documenting a strain and that documentation will be relevant and prudent for several years.

Personally, i think it's worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom