THC percentage's 56% and up - what strain

• Thread starter MotaMan4560
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MotaMan4560

Fellow guru's -- I was recently at a friends house and an associate comes in with a dispensary purchase in a nice little jar. When I looked inside the jar the buds within looked as if they'd been dipped in powder sugar - almost completely white ! .. The label touted a THC percentage of 56% -- , my associate said there were strains with claims of higher %'s -- wtf ?

Can this be confirmed here ? -- Plus if so , how can this % be attained through normal growth and interventions ( nutes/lites). ? And most importantly - what is the strain and where can us , the common grower, purchase them?

Happy Growin

MotaMan

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Fellow guru's -- I was recently at a friends house and an associate comes in with a dispensary purchase in a nice little jar. When I looked inside the jar the buds within looked as if they'd been dipped in powder sugar - almost completely white ! .. The label touted a THC percentage of 56% -- , my associate said there were strains with claims of higher %'s -- wtf ?

Can this be confirmed here ? -- Plus if so , how can this % be attained through normal growth and interventions ( nutes/lites). ? And most importantly - what is the strain and where can us , the common grower, purchase them?

Happy Growin

MotaMan
This sounds like infused flower. The flower is dipped in concentrate and then rolled in kief. A lot of people call these moon rocks.

P

PahPahCee

Anything over 25% is questionable for flower. Jetty was sued over lying about percentage in a pre roll. I hope more people get sued so they stop this thc race nonsense.

Probably just pouring thc distillate crystals on top of the final product. A lot of people will do the same when they send their sample off to be tested.

Pro tip: buy the cannabis the smells good. Skip the numbers.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Anything over 25% is questionable for flower. Jetty was sued over lying about percentage in a pre roll. I hope more people get sued so they stop this thc race nonsense.

Probably just pouring thc distillate crystals on top of the final product. A lot of people will do the same when they send their sample off to be tested.

Pro tip: buy the cannabis the smells good. Skip the numbers.
^^^ is a pretty accurate statement.

High THC percent labels on a product helps drive sales. This gives labs/growers an incentive to fudge the figures. While THC % above 25% does occur, its rare. The highest readings I've seen on non-infused cannabis are in the mid 30's. To achieve this requires everything going absolutely perfect in the grow room right down to nailing the dry/cure process. It also requires the strain to have the genetics capable of such a high THC %

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Fascinating! I've not heard of "moon rocks" or "infused flower" here. I'll try to remember to ask about it the next time I go to a cannabis store.

Can moon rocks be vaped as a dry herb?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Fascinating! I've not heard of "moon rocks" or "infused flower" here. I'll try to remember to ask about it the next time I go to a cannabis store.

Can moon rocks be vaped as a dry herb?
Probably ... I have a jar of them beside me on my desk. I use my electric solopipe to smoke it so I don't get it too hot. It's enough to get embers started without torching the shit out of the thc.

R

Ringodog

I never understood the race for THC numbers. For me, breeding triple of a natural amount throws the full entourage all out of wack. I think of it this way.... Pot is like a cake recipe with a specific amount of cocoa, sugar, milk, flour, etc until you have this wonderful and delicious chocolate cake.

Increasing the THC so high is like adding 20 cups of sugar to the cake recipe. Now, the cake tastes like shit and is not balanced.

Plus, anyone who believes the numbers on jars is.... well, uh, um, er, ah well. But, those numbers might not be 100% true. Yeah! Believe it or not. LOL

To stay on topic, PahPah was right on with that post. IMHO. :)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I never understood the race for THC numbers. For me, breeding triple of a natural amount throws the full entourage all out of wack. I think of it this way.... Pot is like a cake recipe with a specific amount of cocoa, sugar, milk, flour, etc until you have this wonderful and delicious chocolate cake.

Increasing the THC so high is like adding 20 cups of sugar to the cake recipe. Now, the cake tastes like shit and is not balanced.

Plus, anyone who believes the numbers on jars is.... well, uh, um, er, ah well. But, those numbers might not be 100% true. Yeah! Believe it or not. LOL

To stay on topic, PahPah was right on with that post. IMHO. :)
Figure fudging by the labs was the last scandal to hit Michigan's recreational industry. Some labs lost their licensing for a time period. The newest scandal is worse though in my opinion ... corruption and bribery. Names are falling and people are facing criminal charges.

Anyway, back on topic ... I don't trust the labels. I also don't test my grows so I have no idea what its % really is. I only know that 9 times out of 10 I prefer what I have grown over what's being offered in the dispensaries.

M

MotaMan4560

Thanks guru's --- I had an idea that the high percentages touted could not be obtained through normal growing conditions. I also prefer my own grows to outside supplies. I have been in a dispensary only once and that was for CBD oil for my wife's back pain... I absolutely will not pay for something that I can others can do way better than any dispensary.

Now it's been reported that authorities are now finding fentanyl in weed being sold.. a major WTF - so I only trust myself and a small amount of trusted fellow growers.. Not only the bullshit fentanyl they're also finding pesticides on the shit found in your local shops..

Have fun, grow well.

MotaMan

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Isn't potency on a by bud basis anyway? Like don't the lower buds test higher bc they receive less light so the trichs are more developed?

Ponky

Ponky

Isn't potency on a by bud basis anyway? Like don't the lower buds test higher bc they receive less light so the trichs are more developed?
Lowers do tend to test higher yes. But I think the best way to know true yield is to turn a hundred pounds into extract. Then you really know.

T

Tyrant

This is what I'm growing now was one of the highest I could find with up to 38 percent thc

Screenshot 20230520 124205 Samsung Internet
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

When I grew with a friend of mine we didn't have access to testing so we did VERY rough estimates from extract yield lol. Generally we would take yield x .8 bc iirc extract should be around 80% thc the highest return we ever got extract wise was 33% so we figured around 26% that's the best we could figure without testing lol

GYOweed

GYOweed

It's not rocket science, Trichomes are not 100% THC. So to have a 56% weed strain, 3/4 of the bud has to be Trichomes which is nonsense.

GYOweed

GYOweed

When I grew with a friend of mine we didn't have access to testing so we did VERY rough estimates from extract yield lol. Generally we would take yield x .8 bc iirc extract should be around 80% thc the highest return we ever got extract wise was 33% so we figured around 26% that's the best we could figure without testing lol
I was thinking something similar, take a micro gram scale, put a piece of bud in small glass tube, add ISO, wait, remove and squeeze the bud, let iso dry in tube. Take bud out and what's left is melted trichomes to weight.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I was thinking something similar, take a micro gram scale, put a piece of bud in small glass tube, add ISO, wait, remove and squeeze the bud, let iso dry in tube. Take bud out and what's left is melted trichomes to weight.
So youre saying if i got a gram of weed and soak it in 99% isopropyl
Wait for the iso to vape and weight the leftovers i get a estimated thc percentage of my weed?
If this works its fucking genious

GYOweed

GYOweed

So youre saying if i got a gram of weed and soak it in 99% isopropyl
Wait for the iso to vape and weight the leftovers i get a estimated thc percentage of my weed?
If this works its fucking genious
Well yes and no. If it's a known clone with lab report you can reference that. But you'll know how much Trichomes/Gram bud and assume % of thc in trichomes is 50-80% depending on other stuff in it

Latest posts

Top Bottom