THC production and Trichomes.

• Thread starter JustAnotherHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustAnotherHead

So I'm nearing my first harvest. Day 65. My White Widow, Mango, Hash Plant, are just covered in trichomes, especially the Widow. I'm having a real trouble finishing them up. The tops are the plants are starting to yellow rapidly, the leaves by the buds are getting brittle and crunchy and going from yellow to brown. I dried some lower, tiny popcorn nugs from the plants and dried them for 4 days in a closet. Smoked one, DID NOTHING! :( How can a plant be this covered in Trichs and not produce a stone at all? Now to the parts that's confusing me the most.

One of the determining factors of "ripeness" is the the trichomes going from clear to cloudy to amber. Clear means something, not sure what. Cloudy is peak ripeness, Amber means past peak and THC is degrading to Cannaboids. (this is all from my reading on the subject).

However, I've been told that THC doesn't exist at all when the bud is green so how can it go amber and begin to degrade. From my studies on the web I thought that you can't get stoned from "wet" nugs because the weed has to be drying for some conversion process to get you high.

At any rate, look at this sweet test nug.... smells like a heavenly fruit, so sticky if I threw it, it would stick to the wall. ZERO buzz. What have I done.

J

JustAnotherHead

For some reason the mod deleted my photo. Was it to big? 640x480?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
because it wasnt uploaded here to the farm

you dont see in huge letters at the top of every page to not use photobucket or image shack?

J

JustAnotherHead

because it wasnt uploaded here to the farm

you dont see in huge letters at the top of every page to not use photobucket or image shack?

I didn't use Photobucket or Image Shack. I used FLICKR!!!!! ;0

It's a THC site sometimes my meds get the better of me.

Here's the bud.....

Testnug1
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
oh so using flickr is "only uploading to thcfarmer"

I see

my bad

lol

:hi

I

igrindhard

Amber is more body ,cloudy is more mental i thought... Plus you should cure read dj shorts turtorial but i want a vet to comment on this ive read tons of info n gotten advise on here from such names as garden of dreams texad kid a.d others its been so long... But i do know decarboxlyation is key which is the way the sugars break down slowly and become psychoactive.. flush,hang dry for a week atleast or till stem breaks, throw in jar which evenly dries the bud keep out of light at all times all this attributes to how those trichomes/sugars break down... Like i said read dj shorts tutorial.. if a mod or sum vet can touch on this more it would be gr8fully appreciated...

J

JustAnotherHead

Amber is more body ,cloudy is more mental i thought... Plus you should cure read dj shorts turtorial but i want a vet to comment on this ive read tons of info n gotten advise on here from such names as garden of dreams texad kid a.d others its been so long... But i do know decarboxlyation is key which is the way the sugars break down slowly and become psychoactive.. flush,hang dry for a week atleast or till stem breaks, throw in jar which evenly dries the bud keep out of light at all times all this attributes to how those trichomes/sugars break down... Like i said read dj shorts tutorial.. if a mod or sum vet can touch on this more it would be gr8fully appreciated...

+1 Chime in expert!

Top Bottom