The 70's remain unbeaten

• Thread starter 2rivers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2rivers

2rivers

Smoked my first dub in '72, Mexican brick weed as I recall. Been smoking ever since..

And the peeps my age are the last generation to know what life was like before computers changed everything..

But howdy folks, got my first Indoor grow going now.. legal in VA now.. which is awesome of course

The 70s remain unbeaten
freezeland2

freezeland2

Smoked my first dub in '72, Mexican brick weed as I recall. Been smoking ever since..

And the peeps my age are the last generation to know what life was like before computers changed everything..

But howdy folks, got my first Indoor grow going now.. legal in VA now.. which is awesome of course
Welcome from a fellow VA’r. Why you got all that equipment in the room? Especially that dehumidifier if that’s what it is. RH is like 25% here where I am. The humidifier could go to actually. Plants are big enough that a low rh isn’t that big of a deal. Are those white buckets a water supply for the plants? Black buckets with lids will help keep that water clean.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yes I remember all that an Oz for $16 bucks, Columbia Gold, Accapoco Gold, Panama Red, Kona Gold, a lid was $5 bucks and you got a 1/4oz, but the thc content average was like 7% and even the very very best was 15%, but we did have Cheech & Chong and power hitters onward thru the fog remember those? All the seeds, in 1981 there was no weed at harvest nothing then by x mass California weed came and all those old strains disappeared bc it was easier and more profitable to smuggle coke, that's when shit went to hell.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I never smoked any herb in the 70s cuz I wasn't born yet. I was born in the 80s so I wasn't of age to really start burning until the late 90s. But I can attest that the weed back then was WAY better. There was still skunky shit around my first years of smoking I remember some of the loudest strains. 1 baggie in your pocket and you reeked out the whole room. I can only imagine how dank some of the older uncrossed strains were. I wish I had that time machine LOL

growsince79

growsince79

Yes I remember all that an Oz for $16 bucks, Columbia Gold, Accapoco Gold, Panama Red, Kona Gold, a lid was $5 bucks and you got a 1/4oz, but the thc content average was like 7% and even the very very best was 15%, but we did have Cheech & Chong and power hitters onward thru the fog remember those? All the seeds, in 1981 there was no weed at harvest nothing then by x mass California weed came and all those old strains disappeared bc it was easier and more profitable to smuggle coke, that's when shit went to hell.
We had hash and honey oil that was probably well over 60 -70%. Who knows really? Sampling and testing equipment and methods were much different. Nobody submitted their best buds for testing either.

The fake news averages you hear about today are skewed by tons of confiscated dirt weed. The prohibitionists want kids to think weed is 20x stronger today so they have an excuse to keep it illegal. Where I lived we had just as good of weed as today.

2rivers

2rivers

Welcome from a fellow VA’r. Why you got all that equipment in the room? Especially that dehumidifier if that’s what it is. RH is like 25% here where I am. The humidifier could go to actually. Plants are big enough that a low rh isn’t that big of a deal. Are those white buckets a water supply for the plants? Black buckets with lids will help keep that water clean
It's just an air purifier (which I figured couldn't hurt)

Before adding the vaporizer the RH was in the 20's and 30s with lights on.. which I thought was too low.

My room is a bedroom closet and I have an intake and exhaust both going into a cold attic space (but thus far that hasn't been an issue)

growsince79

growsince79

It's just an air purifier (which I figured couldn't hurt)

Before adding the vaporizer the RH was in the 20's and 30s with lights on.. which I thought was too low.

My room is a bedroom closet and I have an intake and exhaust both going into a cold attic space (but thus far that hasn't been an issue)
Probably not a good idea venting to the attic. 2-3 gallons of water everyday can't be good.

7munkee

7munkee

We had hash and honey oil that was probably well over 60 -70%. Who knows really? Sampling and testing equipment and methods were much different. Nobody submitted their best buds for testing either.

The fake news averages you hear about today are skewed by tons of confiscated dirt weed. The prohibitionists want kids to think weed is 20x stronger today so they have an excuse to keep it illegal. Where I lived we had just as good of weed as today.
1978 was my first time. I was like 12 and a buddy handed me a bowl. I got high AF but really didn't know it. I was too interested in everyone else to see what they were doing because they were obviously high. I was so oblivious to the fact I was ripped.

Started growing outside in the fields (grew up on a farm) in 1980.

Gave it up when I got married and started churning out sons.

Now my grown sons have talked me into growing inside!

Dothraki

Dothraki

AND! Just to score a bag you had to walk through 6 feet of snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways in the middle of the night!

Haha...good stuff man the world is changing its perception of cannabis. They are finally seeing what we’ve seen all along. But yeah, go VA! I’m on my first grow too. I’m realizing maybe the less you do the more the plant likes it. I am still tinkering with shit a little too much like keep adjusting my light lol. Cool grow room you got there I dig it! Welcome to the Farm! The best damn Farm in town!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I first smoked in 1971 — some kind of Mexican brick weed, I assume. I was not in charge of the weed at 14.

It's difficult to compare weed from decades ago to today. First, I didn't consume nearly as much back then. If I had a few hits off a joint each day, I considered that a lot. But there were a few milestones in Reefer in the USA that were memorable.

The first few included the introduction of Colombian green, then gold, then red to our palates.

Another was the Bicentennial celebration in 1976. In the northeast US, it was dry for about a month or two — no weed around. Then, the days after the Tall Ships, from all over the world entered NY harbor, there was hashish ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE. I particularly remember having lots of Nepalese — clumps of "fingers" stuck together.

I grew weed outdoors, starting in 1975. We would keep the seeds from any really good weed we had during the previous 12 months, and then grow out what we thought was the best. Sometime in the early 80s, we noticed potency was sky rocketing — early breeders, probably on the west coast were having a major effect,

growsince79

growsince79

AND! Just to score a bag you had to walk through 6 feet of snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways in the middle of the night!

Haha...good stuff man the world is changing its perception of cannabis. They are finally seeing what we’ve seen all along. But yeah, go VA! I’m on my first grow too. I’m realizing maybe the less you do the more the plant likes it. I am still tinkering with shit a little too much like keep adjusting my light lol. Cool grow room you got there I dig it! Welcome to the Farm! The best damn Farm in town!
We used to hitch hike 10 miles in 6" of snow to score a $10 lid. Back then people would stop and give you a ride.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

We used to hitch hike 10 miles in 6" of snow to score a $10 lid. Back then people would stop and give you a ride.
I actually took a vacation with hitchhiking as the mode of transportation one summer — but it was near the end of the days when people picked up hitchhikers, so there was a 5-hour period in the desert, where we must have looked like serial killers.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Also in 1979 I bought 2 tics for Neil Young and Crazy Horse $16 a lid of weed $5 2 hits of purple microdot $8 and a pizza $4 so for $33 bucks hade a great date, now Neil Young tics would be $200 apiece for nosebleeds, so that's $400, a large pizza $20 (plain) a 1/4oz of weed $50 bucks and you would be hard pressed to find mescaline and if you did it would be $30 a dose, a carton of smokes was $3, and life was good, when Clinton got in office it all went to he'll bc he shipped all our good jobs to China, now we are a dieing empire and don't make anything not even face masks China does that, they gave us this shit and were buying Chinese masks, we can't make a nuclear reactor, or even chips for the cars we can't afford, and basically suck, we are now required to work low paying service jobs and do you know who were serving? The 1%,! life now sucks, and our children and grandchildren life's will suck much more, but all empires fall from the rot and cancer from within, our 1% leaders are in a dreamland and act like spoilt children, the GOP tried to overthrow our democracy and Manchen and Sinema don't want us to have a better life and the GOP is a death cult who must swear fealty to a fat orange slob, a malignant narcissist, a compulsive lier, and a traitor to his country so in a few years if you think things are bad now sit back and wait.

Top Bottom