The bamboo patch. (a love story)

• Thread starter Oregon Panda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Lol just kidding on the love story part. You are now viewing what will be a 4 month adventure into the life of a panda dude and how he grows. Who knows what sorts of mishaps will occur and what evil may be afoot this year! I will start in the past, one fateful summer ago...
The bamboo patch a love story

I did the grunt work for some guy. I was the eyes on the yard so to speak, I would 2nd to last say on anything that happened of 15+ employees. The only person above me was my boss. We had our differences in growing styles but our common theme was organic. In the end, things were not what they seemed and I decided to part ways. It was not a total loss, I made a few contacts and found a way to keep moving forward.

December 2011 I begin searching for property, all over oregon I roll. Thousands of dollars in gas and rental applications, and a few months later and I find myself in a old farmhouse march 2012.
Time passes and before you know it there is a grow afoot.
Growhouse juicy fruit

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

This is the part of my story where I get frustrated with my connection speed and decide to wait until tomorrow to upload anymore. But we are still actually in the past. These are mostly juicy fruit sprouted from seeds obtained in washington.
Growhouse babies
Juicy Babies

Chobble

Chobble

Nice to see you got more room. I'm super excited to see how your season goes Panda.

Chobble

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

When they are young like this I use foxfarm grow big. During all other parts of the grow I use ammended soil. The reason i use grow big is because its like impossible to burn with it and I can give the plants as much as I think they need during this fragile state. later on when I mix everything else in, its more in the hands of fungi bacteria and insects to take care of the fertilizing for me. (aka god)

Chobble

Chobble

When they are young like this I use foxfarm grow big. During all other parts of the grow I use ammended soil. The reason i use grow big is because its like impossible to burn with it and I can give the plants as much as I think they need during this fragile state. later on when I mix everything else in, its more in the hands of fungi bacteria and insects to take care of the fertilizing for me. (aka god)

Imo, FF grow big isnt any better then Compost Tea. Try just hitting your babies with some Compost tea instead of having to buy fertilizer.

Chobble

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Thats all cool if you have a compost pile, or someone you trust to give you some compost. But I'm in a new location in a new place. Getting it from a stranger has so many varibles it makes my head spin. If I was in the valley using my native loam and river silt, I would simply water until I transplanted into the ground. To me, compost is a top dressing with its primary purpose to help eat up my grass kelp and fish meals.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Okay its tomorrow. So here is where things start to get goofy. I made a contact from outerspace, he never sleeps and has OCD. Using some magic space money he is funding my operation out of the goodness of his heart because he thinks the human race sux. 2 weeks after living with him in my new old house I decide I cant put up with his shit anymore and bail hard. His insomnia kept me up for 3 days straight and I went totally nuts because of it. I drove a hundred miles to my hometown and woke up a bunch of my friends at 12am to have them help me move. We move my stuff out in a flash and the alien man is truly hurt and devastated that I would just walk out like that. I describe the problems I'm having with his active hours and ridicule. He was being a thankless jerk with an ego inflated by money. He made me feel worthless and questioned my knowledge and experience at every oppritunity. After 2 weeks of not speaking he called me saying everything was fucked up and that he needed my help. This was actually my plan, I knew he didnt have a clue what he was doing and he insisted he did. I come back to this:
Agent Orange clones
Oregon Licorice
The Black

The growth is all lenky and irregular, he has fertilizer in the cloner and the humidity is off the charts. To top it off one of the plants (which I somehow negelected to take a picture of) had a spidermite highway running all up and down its entire height.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Good luck panda,always difficult to co-run a garden without all individuals on the exact same page.I was blessed.lol.but I can understand where it might be hard in some cases

Krasi

Krasi

Beautiful outdoor spot, and plants, with that amount of space and direct sunlight they will become giants.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

"Growing good bud is like playing poker. You can accumulate as large of stacks as luck will allow, but sooner or later you will have to leave the table. Better with something than nothing." As much as I would like to let big ones like this go, you cant dry them like that or mold will set it. Better to take what you've got now and have immature weed, than insane huge buds with cores of mold.

Big bud

Heavy

Goliath

A real pleasure to share with all of you here on THCF, more to come.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Thus is the power of bulk amendments.
1 lb of each:
Bat guano (High fast N)
Bat guano (High slow P)
Fish Meal (Low N+P fast higher N+P slowly)
Alfalfa Meal (Low Fast everything)
2lb each:
Organic pellitized all purpose (Low Slow everything)
Kelp Meal (Fast and lasting source of K and micro's)

Just mix it in evenly with the soil and away you go.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Or, as I like to say, "You've gotta get it while the gettin's good!"
This is my motto while driving in the Los Angeles area, and in the passing lanes out here.

Your ladies look lovely, and I agree, you've gotta get it while the gettin's good.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Coos bay wagon road

^2 years ago, no one lives there now... This is very similar to how my grows look on google right now. Something about my nature prevents me from keeping you all up to date on all the technicalities that come along. With the new legislation in WA maybe I will feel up to putting out the video documentary I always wanted to.

Here is a progression of "CinX":

Cinx getting bigger

A cinx in back corner

Cinex Blob low ground growth pattern
Bamboo rows

lol i look super fat because the wind is caught in my shirt.

I have more pictures but this is not the time or place to post them. The love really came after everything was said and done... Here are a few more pics i can post right now
Sunny buds
Short row
Have a good night folks.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Wow its looking good in there
They look great

The smaller plants above are perfect to show my grow style. I gave all my plants the same thing, yet, some didnt do as well. I simply wont grow those that wont conform to my proven tech. the plant just to the left (visually) of the man and woman is blue dream, one which I will be keeping. While my recipe changes from year to year with the prices and quality to take into consideration, the fundamentals are the same.

start Low low low, veg hi,mid mid, flower low mid mid, finish no no no. Thats npk through the various cycles. 6.5 ph is constant. You have to time the decay of the organic matter to the time you estimate the grow cycle to occur in. Your mix will vary slightly depending on the ph of your soil to start with. If its high you want extra fat, if its low you dont. Lime lightly, 7ph is not optimal, it does take a moment though,

My recipe for a silty clay loam starting at 6.1-6.3 was :

300lbs all purpose granulated organic meals, any low-low-low all purpose thats made of of things like kelpmeal,feathermeal,steamed bonemeal that has been processed for quick uptake over a short period, 300 goes a long ways, thats 2 lbs per plant, but not all at once. Your first application is 1 week or more prior to planting, 1 lb, then you add the second lb during late veg, at the first sign of flowers.

150 lbs hi nitro Seabird or bat guano, gathered sustainably of course. This bulk of this is added to the surface rather than mixed in well. My thinking is that poop lands upon the ground rather than in it. It stinks but it attracts predatory flies and all manner of other critters. I add the whole shebang (1lb) right at planting, broadcast over the area i suspect the roots to occupy in the coming weeks. Stratification will occur as in nature and your plant will have a lil time to stretch out before the hot mess gets to em.

150lbs coarse ground fishmeal also added right before planting. Mixed in well. All kinds of good stuff are in those fat dry chunks of flesh and bone. They take a while to break up so go crazy. By the time its ready to eat, your plants will be big enough to really pack it away.

150 lbs kelp meal. 1/2lb at the start, 1/2lb a week or 2 before flowers show.

150 lbs hi phos bat guano, or other readily available hi phos poo. The fossilized bat guano take a week or more to begin to break down and become available to your plants. I apply 1lb broadcast tightly around the root zone, and water in well 2 to 3 weeks before flower. This can vary from plant to plant, so its easiest if your growing types you know well.

Rock phosphate is great if your going to be in 1 place for a long time, I highly recommend it every few years in clay. Lots of bark dust and mulch as well, laying out a thin layer after everything is said and done is really good for your land.

Regular treatment of oxiDate from the start prevents everything bad. lol

DURING THE FINAL MONTH
Add as much molasses as you can afford to throw on each watering, a half cup or so to 35 gallons is reasonable. The sugar will attract a quadbillion more insects and microbes than were there before, this "organic flush" happens because all the extra life competes and depletes what is left of any organic matter you have added, this enriching your buds with the delicious local flavor of your dirt, hopefully allowing your terpines to "shine" above the local chem-swag bullshit.

Dry low temp, no humidity, gentile air exchange. A good dry should take a week to 10 days. After that point you can manicure if desired. The fact of the matter however, is that the trichomes take a much longer time to "dry" or become crystalline. After the stem snaps, jar your stuff up in 1 gallons or whatever is feasible. Trichomes bind to plasitc and your quality will seriously diminish over time if you choose to group all your shit together in 18 gallon bins. Its worth the extra time and effort to jar in glass and cure A FULL 2 MONTHS. If you gather hashish from your plants through dry sieving and store in a jar in a similar manner, you can watch how trichomes age independent from the bud, and use this as a determination about when your buds are ready. Dont take my word for it, simply try it yourself, jar up some of your harvest, and try it each week in succession all the way out to 2 months, and tell me if after that 7th week it isnt a whole new game... There is no comparison, as far as I'm concerned 99% of the bud I come in contact with grown by others is not cured to its potential, the whole summer crop is gone before its even any good, and then everyone is like "outdoor is so low quality" , the words spill out like loose stool... Wet weed steaming in bowl. Many terpines are lost at room temperature, keep your weed in a cool dark place curing the dry and cure. As the fluids from the stem escape through the buds, the terpines will remain as a thin volitile oil within the bud rather then go lost into the air. Have you ever smoked a joint or bowl and had resin glopping on your lips on the first, or for that matter, any hit? If your weed isnt doing this, your dried it too hot. That shit souldnt get lost until you smoke it.

Okay, I feel resolution is complete with that. You guys know what I did now and I feel better. I will continue to post pics as I feel comfortable, but 2012 is over and as time goes on things become less sensitive. I look forward to speaking to you all in the future on my video documentary. Good luck with your own adventures and if you ever need anything send me a message on here, it will alert my email.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

That cinx is something i would like to get my hands on. My friends in pdx rock it, cix c hindu correct?

Latest posts

Top Bottom