the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
maybe when you were feeding a splash of nutrient water splashed on the leave. is it only few leaves or do you see the symptoms everywhere>?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think it's leaf septoria
(Brown circle with a black ring)
20201229 121256

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker might have a point there. Also, why are the leaves wet? is it next to a humidifier?
No, I sprayed the one plant that was affected with some baking soda right away when I spotted it yesterday, today all veg got the copper fungicide; I never spray anything on a healthy plant

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Maybe light burn?
It's leaf septoria; third time I've dealt with it, but first time in four years

This is why I've mentioned I'm not running the black dog again, it takes forever to ripen so the veg gets backed up and things get cramped and things like septoria & wpm can happen a lot easier when you're trying to cram big plants together in the veg tent LOL I'm not even sure I'll keep her clone

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The pros and cons of Grow-Bags over hard buckets..

CONS:

Grow bags make it impossible to run a wet dry cycle

The sloppy and wet mess that they are promote bugs like crazy, but some people like springtails; hope that's all that I've gotten by using them?

Every time you move them you're jostling, tearing and likely destroying the added root growth that you think you're getting by using them

The runoff comes out of everywhere so you don't really know if you're getting water you just poured in draining out the side or what, so checking the runoff pH and PPM becomes less accurate

Because runoff is less accurate the plant may be more susceptible to deficiencies

PROS:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The pros and cons of Grow-Bags over hard buckets..

CONS:

Grow bags make it impossible to run a wet dry cycle

The sloppy and wet mess that they are promote bugs like crazy, but some people like springtails; hope that's all that I've gotten by using them?

Every time you move them you're jostling, tearing and likely destroying the added root growth that you think you're getting by using them

The runoff comes out of everywhere so you don't really know if you're getting water you just poured in draining out the side or what, so checking the runoff pH and PPM becomes less accurate

Because runoff is less accurate the plant may be more susceptible to deficiencies

PROS:

is this for fabric pots or what are grow bags?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

is this for fabric pots or what are grow bags?
Grow Bags AKA Smart Pots

I'm sure they're as popular as they are because the manufacturers give them to the internet "Grow-gods" who hock them mercilessly

Screenshot 20201230 084315 DuckDuckGo

They're by far the most not only useless but negative product I've run into in the five or six years that I've been back growing

I've notice you don't use them = smart grower!

sportyridr

sportyridr

Grow Bags AKA Smart Pots

I'm sure they're as popular as they are because the manufacturers give them to the internet "Grow-gods" who hock them mercilessly

View attachment 1073388

They're by far the most not only useless but negative product I've run into in the five or six years that I've been back growing

I've notice you don't use them = smart grower!

Well I use both. I guess I'm half smart....or 1/2 dumb lol....or I haven't been around very long so maybe I have not learned my lesson yet. So far so good though using them. I learned to put Regs in hard sided, makes it alot easier to disperse of later if need be, pull it out, add medium restart.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well I use both. I guess I'm half smart....or 1/2 dumb lol....or I haven't been around very long so maybe I have not learned my lesson yet. So far so good though using them. I learned to put Regs in hard sided, makes it alot easier to disperse of later if need be, pull it out, add medium restart.
I would say you're welcome to the rest mine but I think there's just one left somewhere so... I've used four of them & I've outlined the issues I've had with each use. I will throw a plant away before I ever put it in another grow bag

Edit: it's lack of control; I can run a wet/dry cycle down to a couple hours of knowing when I need to water in a hard bucket

Do you know what I know using a grow bag?? Nothing. I know nothing about my root environment. That's not acceptable, I want tighter control over my growing environment not less control

.. and it's the bugs; never had a springtail in over five years before I started using these sloppy sacks

I've seen other Growers with bugs running up and down their bags and they say "oh there beneficial" well you better hope they are!?

To me using these is akin to the noob who buys a pricey box of a dozen bottles because he needs to use the whole "kit" cuz some grow god told him so

Okay rant over.

I don't even want to post anymore because all I want to talk about is how bad these useless bags are, so I've made my points, I'm not going to talk about them anymore.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Wow I just noticed I have two plants nominated for plant of the month! 🙂👍

(I wonder if we can total the votes from both plants together) LOL

I could sure use the seeds, if you have a minute during this busy holiday to vote it would be much appreciated!

Have a Happy New Year and may God bless! ✌😎
20201231 025509

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Wow I just noticed I have two plants nominated for plant of the month! 🙂👍

(I wonder if we can total the votes from both plants together) LOL

I could sure use the seeds, if you have a minute during this busy holiday to vote it would be much appreciated!

Have a Happy New Year and may God bless! ✌😎
View attachment 1073908
Had to vote for mazzy star! Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom