The beginning of something worse?

• Thread starter MeechDGAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Hello 👋 I have 5 Chemdog x superskunk growing in 2 gal pots of plagron coco coir amended with perlite. RO water 0ppm PH between 5.8-6.3 1.6EC 800-900 ppms was using Jack's with MOST and silica had no issues last res change was this Monday and I used floraflex b1 and b2 with cal mag and silica and MOST thinking my problem may lie here switching back to jacks tomorrow at rez change. Day temps 79-82 night temps 64-72.
Hand water twice a day pots dry up on top and by stalk. Things have been going well till this week transplanted out of 1 gals last week into 2 gallons. Last couple photos are the only leaves showing spots everything else just has light green spots lightly appearing and light green leaves where the stems connect. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated would hate for my girls to get any more sick. 👊

The beginning of something worse
The beginning of something worse 2
The beginning of something worse 3
The beginning of something worse 4
The beginning of something worse 5
The beginning of something worse 6
The beginning of something worse 7
The beginning of something worse 8
The beginning of something worse 9
The beginning of something worse 10
The beginning of something worse 11
The beginning of something worse 12
ru knuts

ru knuts

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, upped the calmag by another half mil per gallon and started spraying with epsom salt. Mine looks better, but was warned it may take weeks for them to look normal. But I have 6 plants and only one looks like yours. I'm doing a balancing act because I'm running ebb and flow with one reservoir. Mine may just be genetic to that particular seed too.
This is my plant today. It actually looks worse than yours does today. You should be ok.

IMG 20200226 074502069 HDR
Last edited:
MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, upped the calmag by another half mil per gallon and started spraying with epsom salt. Mine looks better, but was warned it may take weeks for them to look normal. But I have 6 plants and only one looks like yours. I'm doing a balancing act because I'm running ebb and flow with one reservoir. Mine may just be genetic to that particular seed too.
Thank you for the input, I think switching from the Jack's to flora flex supplemented with calmag was still taking too much calcium/magnesium
or maybe both from them. I'll give that a try and may do an Epsom salt foliar tomorrow I've heard 1gram per gallon on a epsom foliar solution. What do you use?

ru knuts

ru knuts

I think I used more, but I'm at work and my notes are home. But I highly doubt 1 gram/gallon is going to over do it. I'm sure i used more.
Don't expect to see improvement overnite, it's been ~10 days since I caught mine.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey meech , i have seen a lot of those leaf and stem color issues with different diesel / chem grows , something others might not suggest , but i have a strong opinion, true diesel or chem genetics are finicky bastards , likewise , they snap back when you tune them up and they are happy , just something to consider.....

I also the 60 ish temps are a little too cold ....finicky plants

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Hey meech , i have seen a lot of those leaf and stem color issues with different diesel / chem grows , something others might not suggest , but i have a strong opinion, true diesel or chem genetics are finicky bastards , likewise , they snap back when you tune them up and they are happy , just something to consider.....

I also the 60 ish temps are a little too cold ....finicky plants

Thank you! I foliar sprayed them with nitrozyme and epsom salts this morning plus changed back to Jack's nutrients 3-2-1 +MOST +SLF100. Also adjusted night time temps to high 60's low 70's. So we will see if they show any new signs this afternoon. ✌ Thank you guys for the help.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you for the input, I think switching from the Jack's to flora flex supplemented with calmag was still taking too much calcium/magnesium
or maybe both from them. I'll give that a try and may do an Epsom salt foliar tomorrow I've heard 1gram per gallon on a epsom foliar solution. What do you use?
I use 1 level tablespoon per gallon & I spray two days in a row

Bubbalicious82

Bubbalicious82

I've had some pretty lime green phenos of Chemdogg4. I assumed the color was normal as rh, ppm, ph, light, temps, nutes etc. was all adequate. Stayed healthy all the way through to harvest. This is only from my own experience with these genetics.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I've had some pretty lime green phenos of Chemdogg4. I assumed the color was normal as rh, ppm, ph, light, temps, nutes etc. was all adequate. Stayed healthy all the way through to harvest. This is only from my own experience with these genetics.
Hey guys , though im not saying its a good normal color , im saying she might be super sensitive like diesels and she needs a little mag, or overall nitrogen feeding , with good ph...

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Check your phosphorus levels. I ran into this early on with my current grow.
This is what I thought i was dealing with at first. I assumed Jack's had enough present however I still added silica too my last couple reservoirs at 1 tsp per gallon and the problems didnt go away. I've Epsom foliar sprayed twice with nitrozyme as well the last two days and watered with recharge. pH meter should be reading correctly I have 2 I'll use my backup tonight and compare. Will see if they look any better or at least not any worse I'll post pictures. Thanks again everyone ✌

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Not any worse tonight or better I suppose that's a good thing. I forgot to mention I use meijiu quantum boards hlg550v2 clones I have 3 on these plants. I took a couple plants out of the room under CFL lights and they looked less light other than the top growths which I am hoping is just new so lighter in color. Some pics down below have a good night all. Ps theres some pics of my seedlings curious if anyone has seen this before I'm thinking some for of variegstio but I may be wrong. ✌

20200229 181642
20200229 181650
20200229 181715
20200229 181736
20200229 183849
20200229 183857
20200229 183915
20200229 183928
20200229 184208
20200229 184209
20200229 184236
20200229 184245
20200229 184251
HiDaze

HiDaze

Not any worse tonight or better I suppose that's a good thing. I forgot to mention I use meijiu quantum boards hlg550v2 clones I have 3 on these plants. I took a couple plants out of the room under CFL lights and they looked less light other than the top growths which I am hoping is just new so lighter in color. Some pics down below have a good night all. Ps theres some pics of my seedlings curious if anyone has seen this before I'm thinking some for of variegstio but I may be wrong. ✌

I may be completely wrong due to different environs/nutes etc but it looks very similar to the phosphorus deficiency I ran into.

After a slurry test showing remarkably low P, high levels of nitrogen and soluble potash - I flushed with 5ml per gallon FlroaKleen waited 3 days for my next watering session (felt like ages with her looking so sad)... watered with 5mpg Liquid KoolBloom and she was right as rain after 48 hours.

This was with my A5 Haze x Thai Bx - shes a photo and I planned for a long veg time. After 40(ish) days veg she was transplanted to a 15 gallon pot and given some LST. Day 50(ish) she was showing lime from the center of each fan blade to the top and spreading to the perimeter of each fan leaf.

She was in FFOF through this entire process and fed mid range levels of veg nutes.

My hypothesis - upon some heavy LST the plant as a whole was exposed to such a leap of light penetration she pulled her phosphorous out of the soil, like a frat boy at a kegger. After the steps mentioned above she came back remarkably fast. I waited another 7 - 10 says for her to fill out her root system with a microbial tea additive. She was incredibly healthy when I flipped to bloom.

Currently she takes 20mpg Sensi Bloom A+B (although I bumped this to 30mpg last week) with no burn or signs of deficiency/lockout. I am at day 61 of Bloom with another 3-5 weeks before chop.

I attribute her nutrient uptake to her incredibly long veg time combined with a long flowering cycle coupled with solid microbial care for root health. 100% if my microbes were not maintained I would have burned her out a long time ago.

Which brings us back to the beginning of this post. She ran out of phosphorus, leveled her out, gave her time to recover, focused on her roots and she has become a monster of a plant.

Maybe some elements of this story will ring true for you. By my book you have a slight hiccup somewhere in your soil or nute uptake (microbes) but you can recover from it easily with a little due diligence.

Best of luck to you ✌

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

I may be completely wrong due to different environs/nutes etc but it looks very similar to the phosphorus deficiency I ran into.

After a slurry test showing remarkably low P, high levels of nitrogen and soluble potash - I flushed with 5ml per gallon FlroaKleen waited 3 days for my next watering session (felt like ages with her looking so sad)... watered with 5mpg Liquid KoolBloom and she was right as rain after 48 hours.

This was with my A5 Haze x Thai Bx - shes a photo and I planned for a long veg time. After 40(ish) days veg she was transplanted to a 15 gallon pot and given some LST. Day 50(ish) she was showing lime from the center of each fan blade to the top and spreading to the perimeter of each fan leaf.

She was in FFOF through this entire process and fed mid range levels of veg nutes.

My hypothesis - upon some heavy LST the plant as a whole was exposed to such a leap of light penetration she pulled her phosphorous out of the soil, like a frat boy at a kegger. After the steps mentioned above she came back remarkably fast. I waited another 7 - 10 says for her to fill out her root system with a microbial tea additive. She was incredibly healthy when I flipped to bloom.

Currently she takes 20mpg Sensi Bloom A+B (although I bumped this to 30mpg last week) with no burn or signs of deficiency/lockout. I am at day 61 of Bloom with another 3-5 weeks before chop.

I attribute her nutrient uptake to her incredibly long veg time combined with a long flowering cycle coupled with solid microbial care for root health. 100% if my microbes were not maintained I would have burned her out a long time ago.

Which brings us back to the beginning of this post. She ran out of phosphorus, leveled her out, gave her time to recover, focused on her roots and she has become a monster of a plant.

Maybe some elements of this story will ring true for you. By my book you have a slight hiccup somewhere in your soil or nute uptake (microbes) but you can recover from it easily with a little due diligence.

Best of luck to you ✌

Thank you for the recommendations, love the way you said that lol! I flushed a week or so ago when I noticed high EC runoff with florakleen. When I have time I'll check runoff again. What kind of slurry test did you perform in order to break down single nutrient concentrations? I run coco so bit of a different ball game, if I flush, it will be dry by the end of the day and I have to water again or theyll die/burn up from salts. I have the ogbiowar packs I may have to brew a tea up see if I can get my root zone in a better place. Thanks again!✌👊

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

So I got my problem under control. I figured I'd update with my success rather than just leave thread open ended. So I switched back to jacks and dropped silica but then back to floraflex also no silica again so the nutrients werent the issue. I never Epsom foliared again after the first week since I seen no real progress. I bought a new bottle of heavy 16 foliar which had multiple available forms of calcium magnesium and potassium began using that twice a week. After I began using the foliar my red stems disappeared, I still get the light green on newer leaves I believe it may be strain related. Anyways he's some pictures 👊✌.

Last two pictures are the males only 2 of the 5 were girls 😪. Both showing very different characteristics hoping one leans super skunk and the other Chemdog. If anyone has any experience with those strains and which may look more like what let me know. ✌

20200313 214010
20200313 214013
20200314 162241
20200314 162248
20200314 162257
20200314 162303
20200314 162311
20200314 162319
20200314 162323
20200311 143929
20200311 144236
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

So I got my problem under control. I figured I'd update with my success rather than just leave thread open ended. So I switched back to jacks and dropped silica but then back to floraflex also no silica again so the nutrients werent the issue. I never Epsom foliared again after the first week since I seen no real progress. I bought a new bottle of heavy 16 foliar which had multiple available forms of calcium magnesium and potassium began using that twice a week. After I began using the foliar my red stems disappeared, I still get the light green on newer leaves I believe it may be strain related. Anyways he's some pictures 👊✌.

Last two pictures are the males only 2 of the 5 were girls 😪. Both showing very different characteristics hoping one leans super skunk and the other Chemdog. If anyone has any experience with those strains and which may look more like what let me know. ✌
Having a similar issue with my in house
Platinum cake feeding at 1.2 ec
1 ml silica per gal
.3 ec Cali magic
Remainder is base
Roots excel house and garden every other watering .

Run off has consistently been .8-.9 ec
Wondering if I need to kick up the base.

11DC878A DD36 4416 BA55 4C28899E7517
274F2B08 A290 4428 A5C6 288AEAD21E16
A8E834A2 8211 4073 AE74 2AA7EABE2A5A
3A8FF206 C4F1 4218 B10B 83E7DA34A2A4
551850FE 3A05 4ACC AB3C E28532F9774D
ADFEEC6D 06DF 48F9 9D69 2AFD4DA94341
40D8CF4B 42DA 4D10 A862 6D0D9766DBA0
7D7C024A 52BB 472E 9D48 F63C35697545
9D916739 7DBC 48EA 9B11 41B8A60B83D9
A4D631C1 3090 4666 A051 2E0BBC6EB6A0
C7766296 00F3 4907 9683 B3D4420DC5AB
E77B535F B06D 4B9A BB95 812CFCC86966