the best can-fan money can buy

• Thread starter Jimmy Smash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimmy Smash

hi all,

i need some new can fans, i was thinking about these made by sky. i was thinking if the filters that come with the fans suck or not. does anybody have any ideas imputs or bad experiences, please share.

JS

sky high

sky high

I'd say that combination is gonna be quite a ways away from being "the best can-fan money can buy", jimmay. Looking at that site I can find no mention of a warranty anywhere.... only a 45 day return policy that costs you shipping both ways and 20% of purchase price.

Go in the hole if you must, but buy a VORTEX with a 10 yr warranty (a 4" will cost you about the same as this combo) and then buy a Phresh filter for it. (or another quality filter)

Goin cheap is just asking for trouble and IMO, WILL cost you more in the long run as you turn around in a year (or less) and have to buy another fan or filter...or both. (Hopefully not damaging yer crop from a fan failure mid-bloom in the process/etc.)

good luck!

s h

J

Jimmy Smash

hey thanks for all the imput. i really like the valueline fans, the price is right. the others are a lot nicer looking, but i kinda want to invest more money in my lights. should i get another one for cooling my hoods, or should i get a booster fan for that? which carbon filters do you guys like?

JS

sky high

sky high

Don't waste yer time on "booster" fans like ya see at Casa De Pot or Lowe's, jimmy. Just get a decent (valueline is a great rec, BTW) inline fan and it will serve you well for years/multiple applications/etc. The boosters claim 300cfm but if you load it up you may get 50 cfm.... total crap for what we are trying to do. For 8-1k's yer gonna want to push a good amount of air, IMO.....and if you source FRESH air with no smell you can blow through the lights and use the heat to help heat your space.

be safe

s h

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

these fans i use personally and i would put them up against any other fan no questions. i have a single 8" 745 keeping 3 1k magnum's cool and it's working. i could use a second but it's working thanks to enough btu in the ac.

P

paulycali

Max Fan
Phresh Filter Lightest filters around
Use booster fans for intake
Always want negative pressure in the growroom

J

Jimmy Smash

Don't waste yer time on "booster" fans like ya see at Casa De Pot or Lowe's, jimmy. Just get a decent (valueline is a great rec, BTW) inline fan and it will serve you well for years/multiple applications/etc. The boosters claim 300cfm but if you load it up you may get 50 cfm.... total crap for what we are trying to do. For 8-1k's yer gonna want to push a good amount of air, IMO.....and if you source FRESH air with no smell you can blow through the lights and use the heat to help heat your space.

be safe

s h

thanks for the info S H, and everyone else too,

i was actually just at home depot looking at those booster fans. i plan on getting 2 magnum xxxls hoods w 1ks galaxy digital ballasts, or maybe next gens, im not really sure yet. will the 6in valueline be enough to cool both hoods? my new show will be set in a basement, so i was thinking i will not need A/C during the summer? if my fans break, do you guys take it back to the grow shops or mail to the manufacturer? anyone in so cal know of any decent hydro shops? thanks in advance.

JS

J

Jimmy Smash

Max Fan
Phresh Filter Lightest filters around
Use booster fans for intake
Always want negative pressure in the growroom

do the phresh filters really last longer than others? my last grow was a tiny closet grow, i didnt filter anything. how often do you change them?

JS

B

Buddy Flowers

i've been using can filters since 2003 and i've had nothing but clean exhaust.

M

mikeyg.

LMAO

str8dank those valueline look nice

i have had valuelines actually melt. i have had better luck with vortex. they seem to be the best. if you are going for cheap ... HTG Supply has great deals on fans that work well and get the job done. i have used their 4s,6s,8s and 10s and the all rip for the price. good luck.

St3ve

St3ve

thanks for the info S H, and everyone else too,

i was actually just at home depot looking at those booster fans. i plan on getting 2 magnum xxxls hoods w 1ks galaxy digital ballasts, or maybe next gens, im not really sure yet. will the 6in valueline be enough to cool both hoods? my new show will be set in a basement, so i was thinking i will not need A/C during the summer? if my fans break, do you guys take it back to the grow shops or mail to the manufacturer? anyone in so cal know of any decent hydro shops? thanks in advance.

JS

Yes that 6" should do a fine job on those two lights in a basement

B

Buddy Hemphill

these fans i use personally and i would put them up against any other fan no questions. i have a single 8" 745 keeping 3 1k magnum's cool and it's working. i could use a second but it's working thanks to enough btu in the ac.

How long have you been running it?

IM experiences you get what you pay for.

I have a 14" can max that cost a fuckin lot. It is soooo quiet (quieter that a 10) and RELIABLE...

When will the reason they are so cheap show up? A fire? Failure leading to burnt plants?

IMHO....you get what you pay for.

Why does a Honda cost more than a Kia?......marketing?....naaaaaah.....Kia's suck. Hondas dont.

Sorry for the silly analogy...I hate knock-offs. I've been burned too many times trying to save a dollar this way...

Top Bottom