the best state to grow in

• Thread starter reeldrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reeldrag

reeldrag

Here's the question take everything into account power cost bugs mold sale price state laws cost of living the entire thing what would b the best overall state to live in

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Florida isn't even the worst state to be in. Try Oklahoma, if they could they would give every pot smoker the death penalty, and Louisiana has some really stiff penalties too. But there are people in all those states growing and doing very well. Another misconception is that being in a med state puts you in the clear or offers some kind of security, trust me it doesn't. The best practices for growing are to never tell anyone, keep your grow well hidden and secured, and just be smart about what you are doing. Follow those rules, and NEVER break them, and you will be safe and growing for a long time to come, regardless of state.

qupee

qupee

I like the added security of knowing if I ever get caught I'm not really in that much trouble. Never know what can happen, old lady could drive her car into your house for example.

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news...s-through-house-killing-lockport-twp-man.html

A 28-year-old Lockport Township man was killed Saturday when a neighbor’s runaway car crashed into his home, where first-responders found marijuana growing.
The 63-year-old driver told police she was backing her 1995 Mercury Marquis out of the driveway shortly after 12 p.m. when the accelerator got stuck, causing the car to rocket through a house across the street

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok...not sure what that article had to do with this thread. Anyway, you seem to be under the impression that if you live in a med state you are safe to grow Cannabis. That is not true at all. People in med states all over this country are getting raided, arrested and thrown in jail, just the same as non-med state growers. Growing Cannabis is still federally illegal and even growers in med states face federal charges for growing. So there is still plenty of risk when growing in med states. I would highly suggest simply finding a place you enjoy living, you can live and grow there and be happy.

qupee

qupee

No what I'm saying is that I'd rather live in a state like, say, Minnesota where even if you get caught growing you will likely do no jail time rather than a state like Oklahoma that would throw you in prison for years. Both non-med.

You're suggesting it doesn't matter what state, just keep your mouth shut and you won't get busted, but my point with the article is shit happens. Sometimes circumstances outside your control get you busted.

If something unexpected happens I'd much rather be in a state that doesn't want to crucify me (and I am).

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
oklahoma passed a law ...if you get caught making hash, they will treat you like a meth cook and lay it on ya..
manufactoring a controlled substance

reeldrag

reeldrag

back to question at hand what state would u consider the overall best for all factors considerd and queppe is talking about is what I was wondering some states r just much more liberal I.E. minnesota non med state then others take arizona for example the do have med cards but laws r still very very strict and jail time is a very real possability even with a card. I just wondering what everyone thinks and yes tattoojim I do completely agree with you about stealth thats just common sense but with that in mind what state with weather patterns power cost ect. Thanks guys

reeldrag

reeldrag

Thats messed up about oklahoma shit theres nothing to do there to start with so we move oklahoma to the bottom of the list along with florida and louisiana

qupee

qupee

Since I threw up MN I'll elaborate a bit.

In MN under 42.5 grams is a non-criminal citation (costs about $100). Under 5kg for Sale (sale is defined to include manufacture/growing) or 10kg for simple Possession is a 5th degree controlled substance crime. It is the lowest severity felony short of selling oregano. Plant counts aren't important and I'm not aware of any enhancements for oil, hash, edibles, etc. A first-time offender for a 5th degree can expect a diversion program as a plea - 1 year probation and it never hits your record. Repeat offenders for 5th degree have a 6 month mandatory minimum - you serve 4 of those 6 and house arrest is easy to obtain if you are employed.

Residential power in MN averages about $0.11/kwh, I've seen that hold up to a few kw. If you are in a rural area you may be on a smaller co-op, if you're in the metro area most likely on Xcel.

Summers can be a little rough with high heat and humidity, but you can just run more ac. Fall and spring are very temperate and winter cold of course, where heat from lights can even be recycled.

Cost of living varies from low in the country and smaller towns to moderate in the various cities.

G

groundscore

was visiting a friend in minneap a year ago, got pulled over with three zips and a smoke sack. they took the three zips, gave us back the smoke sack and just a seat belt ticket. assuming they just gave the nuggs to a family member. shouldve probably at least got a ticket considering it was about a zone and a half over being ticketable. not that im bitching. mn does seem tight though.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

oregon hawaii and alaska come to the top for me

Those aren't bad options, although Hawaii can be a real pain to grow. Lots of helicopters still flying around trying to find grows. Cost of living in Hawaii is also not the cheapest. Honestly I would look into South Dakota. Cost of living is low, there are still plenty of places where you have space and room to do your thing; even if you are indoors having a neighbor several hundred feet away can be the difference in having someone smell something or not. There are no laws there than I know of that show leniency towards Cannabis users there, but I do know that farmers there have been making a serious push to grow legal hemp. Plus the Black Hills are beautiful.

Qupee, I hear what you are saying about living in a place that is more Cannabis friendly. But more than anything its about encountering a cop or a judge that is not interested in small Cannabis cases. Even if the state as a whole is lenient on Cannabis issues if the cop is real gung-ho about busting pot smokers you will be arrested. If at that point the judge is lenient it is not likely you will do jail time. But even in med states there are judges who just have a real hard on for Cannabis users and growers and throw them in jail.

However I do hear what you are saying about MN, those are some very reasonable policies about Cannabis. All in all MN seems to be one of the more progressive states in the country at the moment. I can absolutely understand why you would suggest it as a good place to live and grow Cannabis.

Haggardass

Haggardass

I grew in alaska for a few years and loved it everybody is so chill about it i would stand outside my front door at night smoke a joint and watch the northern lights one by one my neighbors joined me, everybody loved my strains lol. One guy had some durban poison and it will never not be in my garden.

Tank333

Tank333

I would have to say that King county (Seattle area) is pretty damn friendly towards mmj. And electricity costs aren't too bad. I pay about 8.5 cents per kw/h. The weather here is pretty temperate. The heat in the pass this summer was the worst its been in a while, and it rarely went above the high 80's. Prices suck though... I get $200 an o, and that's patient to patient. Going to dispensaries, I get offered between 650 and 7 for a qp...

B

bckwht

What about Maine, I think there laws are kinda relaxed..Ohio also

Latest posts

Top Bottom