The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I will add in early 90s in UK we had some bad ass cheese, shit that used to fuck us about, came from brum, and Manchester, where it originated from I donot know?? . But damnnnn...

Yep, i spent a year or so in Gloucester back in 1998. The exodus cheese and super skunk in England at the time was absolutely outstanding. Like nothing Id ever smoked in Canada, at least before I moved to BC.
The soap bars of hash were good there too.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'd be willing to bet the testing today is different from the testing 40 years ago. Also the samples tested nowadays are pretty fresh compared to samples tested long ago. I have yet to find a strain today that can match the best Thai or Hawaiian of 1978
The Tai Stick we use to get was insane little cardboard rolls they came in you just took the top off peeled it down snap a piece off and fuck yourself up for a good long time , we also got lots of Sumatran weed brought back by surfers on there boats oh the 80’s where great fun .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'd be willing to bet the testing today is different from the testing 40 years ago. Also the samples tested nowadays are pretty fresh compared to samples tested long ago. I have yet to find a strain today that can match the best Thai or Hawaiian of 1978

That cause everyone is so concerned with frostiness, bag appeal and short flowering. They pheno hunted the skunk and trip weed out of existence.

At least smell is included now. Plants should be picked on structure and smell. Not flower time or trichomes on the leaves. That is only for greed.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes, and the knowledge base was still early, and data was very fractured and difficult to compile. Everytihng was spread out all over the world, little islands of genetics and information. No doubt people had been growing for millennia, but information and genetics were isolated. A few cultivars thrived.

But information age has changed all that, and with it there are more expertise than ever, entire fields of research are emerging, and people will be able to work in the cannabis fields, (pun intended) and never learn everything, about the even bigger picture.

Were entering a "Cannabis Renaissance" of sorts. Cannabis is going though the same thing the internet did in the early 2000's for communications, For online shopping in the past 10 years, (Amazon, Ebay) it's unmistakable.

The actual start or turning point for all this was about 2010-2011, I think.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The Tai Stick we use to get was insane little cardboard rolls they came in you just took the top off peeled it down snap a piece off and fuck yourself up for a good long time , we also got lots of Sumatran weed brought back by surfers on there boats oh the 80’s where great fun .
Yea, the Thai I used to get back in the late 70's and early 80's was simply stand out above the maui wowie, the columbian gold, it just hit me differently than all the others, in a big way. The columbian was like that too.

That's why I always wonder about it, if it was laced with opium or something. So long ago, and I've smoked plenty of opium over the years, especially back then, and it was pretty chill, and always very fragrant, sweet smell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, and the knowledge base was still early, and data was very fractured and difficult to compile. Everytihng was spread out all over the world, little islands of genetics and information. No doubt people had been growing for millennia, but information and genetics were isolated. A few cultivars thrived.

But information age has changed all that, and with it there are more expertise than ever, entire fields of research are emerging, and people will be able to work in the cannabis fields, (pun intended) and never learn everything, about the even bigger picture.

Were entering a "Cannabis Renaissance" of sorts. Cannabis is going though the same thing the internet did in the early 2000's for communications, For online shopping in the past 10 years, (Amazon, Ebay) it's unmistakable.

The actual start or turning point for all this was about 2010-2011, I think.

I would say pre- renaissance. First we have the greed repeating all the same ripoffs we always had with grow products. And of course theft disguised as medical dispensaries. And now we have retail stores ripping off customers.

There is research in the background. Israel is very serious about medical effects.

Once we get the current love affair with “legal” grow money out of the way maybe some real advances can occur.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yea, the Thai I used to get back in the late 70's and early 80's was simply stand out above the maui wowie, the columbian gold, it just hit me differently than all the others, in a big way. The columbian was like that too.

That's why I always wonder about it, if it was laced with opium or something. So long ago, and I've smoked plenty of opium over the years, especially back then, and it was pretty chill, and always very fragrant, sweet smell.
Oh yes I’ve spent a few weeks in a shondo house way back in the 80,s I crawled in the hole and came out a month later man I saw some things .....

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

You all have me very curios about this Christmas strain. Before my time, but it sounds right up my ally. Looks like it was a special cut of pine og. Anybody know who has pine og seed worth hunting through?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

79' Xmas bud. Pine tar kush. I'm trying them at the moment...hope they're remotely close to the old Pine/Christmas bud....or Gainsville Green as some called it.
Man, I went to Canada and one of the smoking cafes. They had a Pine Tar Kush, new to me, and holy hell did that make me uncomfortably high for about 30 minutes. That was strong stuff.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I would say pre- renaissance. First we have the greed repeating all the same ripoffs we always had with grow products. And of course theft disguised as medical dispensaries. And now we have retail stores ripping off customers.

There is research in the background. Israel is very serious about medical effects.

Once we get the current love affair with “legal” grow money out of the way maybe some real advances can occur.
It's a big reason I'm working so diligently on my auto strains mimed, if I can develop a strain here that will thrive in the Seattle area (it get's no colder than 25f here in the winter) seeds that can handle the mild winters, and flower by june or july, they might actually just start growing wild, and that would change much about how cannabis is grown/harvested. (think hash and kiefs)

If auto's can be as successful as I think they can, it's going to mean big disruption for the industry, and it's going to be a big win for the little guy, especially those little guys with green thumbs.

linde

linde

You all have me very curios about this Christmas strain. Before my time, but it sounds right up my ally. Looks like it was a special cut of pine og. Anybody know who has pine og seed worth hunting through?
Csi, Hazeman, New 420 seed guy. I bought 20 from the later gonna do some pheno hunting for an extra piney bitch. Seed her out than backcross her. All I can do is hope. Sick of smoking all of this tootie fruity crap. Want me some old school pine/skunk funk.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Some of you may have already said it, but my favorite was a strain I got in the late 90’s in Florida. I don’t know the name of the strain, but we called it crippie. I’ve been told it was OG Kush but I don’t know. It was really a lighter green color with amazing orange pistils. Maybe some of you veterans can help me figure out what strain it actually was lol

Growingfather

Growingfather

Some of you may have already said it, but my favorite was a strain I got in the late 90’s in Florida. I don’t know the name of the strain, but we called it crippie. I’ve been told it was OG Kush but I don’t know. It was really a lighter green color with amazing orange pistils. Maybe some of you veterans can help me figure out what strain it actually was lol
What they used to call crippie around Florida at that time was og kush

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Thanks man!! I loved it!!! Are the OG Kush strains of today similar to OG back then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom