the big boy ebb and flow from HTG

• Thread starter freegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
has anyone used this system or something like it ? I am planning on running 2 18 site setups under 4 600w hps 9 plants per light any feed back is much karma and rep

http://youtu.be/WiqXYARY0h0

S

Seed Buyer

There lighting systems are pretty garbage so I would imagine their systems probable follow suite. I would put my money into a C.A.P Ebb & Grow system or a Titan Flow & Grow unit. Just my 2 cents.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Muilty flow. from Greentrees. I own 1 from the 70s that i rewire from a handme down. Got a new one that is a standard black round one. the floats do not jam sideways like the cap. I also got the big deal from greentress but the 1/2" version. with ajustable flood floats so you can use bigger buckets or large sump pumps that splash hard.

I own 2 caps witch have burnt pumps out from not being cleaned weekly triggers. I never clean weekly, only in between rounds.

The new one from green tree has 3/4". bottem water problem fixed on buckets. New safety that turns off fill pump and start drain when hit. Pluse you can get any part that get broken or needs service from accidents

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

see how long htg stands behind it.. I shop there and have great luck and as far as their lighting being shit, not mine.. I bought a digital greenhouse that flat puts out the lumens. So as with anything there will be manufacturing defects .. I mean humans are making this stuff. its a 6 site for 319.99 complete, timers and all just hook it up and grow. I think it would be worth a shot.. if it breaks they will fix it or replace it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I built my own 24 site RDWC for less than $500, and every last component was sourced individually. I used 1" bulkheads and flexible tubing instead of grommets or 'uniseals', no leaks, no stress cracks.

DIY 'Under Current' RDWC style hydro; low cost, high output!

Since it's RDWC you never need to adjust how often it gets watered, because it's sitting in water 24/7. I've heard of a lot of people getting serious root rot problems with these kinds of ebb n flow buckets. fwiw.

I built it to work similarly to a UC, only I added a few features I felt were necessary, like a 'tailbucket' the waterpump sits in to add nutes and collect debris. It runs like a Porsche and costs like a used Chevy.

M

Moon Dog

I own 2 caps witch have burnt pumps out from not being cleaned weekly triggers. I never clean weekly said:
This is very disappointing to hear. Just got a 12 bucket monster grow from CAP. :(

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
has anyone used this system or something like it ? I am planning on running 2 18 site setups under 4 600w hps 9 plants per light any feed back is much karma and rep

that thing looks like a piece of shit. Syncronized timers? hahahah.. those timers NEVER stay sync'd. YOu can easily build your own with a 100 gal res , home depot buckets, net pots, 3/4" tubing, a float valve if you want auto fill.. I highly suggest having your buckets higher up than your res, so you can gravity drain instead of relying on a second relay to drain the system.

Vakman

Vakman

i would never use an ebb&flow method. wayyy to much on the line, and way to many things to go wrong.

Top Bottom