The bigger the better LED

• Thread starter hummusweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hummusweed

hummusweed

hello guys! So im about to purchase some LED. Ive been working with HPS all these years. During all this time my grower friends were telling me that i would get more yield with 1000w HPS than with 600. What i mean with bigger yield is more grams per watt. They were explaining me that plants grow good with a lot of light.
Wanted to start investing in LED and i want the best outcome . If i buy from the same brand, an LED that consumes 1000w instead of 600w,, will i get a better yield gr/watt. What are the best ones i can buy? thanx

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
hello guys! So im about to purchase some LED. Ive been working with HPS all these years. During all this time my grower friends were telling me that i would get more yield with 1000w HPS than with 600. What i mean with bigger yield is more grams per watt. They were explaining me that plants grow good with a lot of light.
Wanted to start investing in LED and i want the best outcome . If i buy from the same brand, an LED that consumes 1000w instead of 600w,, will i get a better yield gr/watt. What are the best ones i can buy? thanx
Hey, I'm pretty new to the led lights myself, a couple of years now I think. I've a 1000w hps and 2 Spiderfarmer SE3000 led's When I got my first SE I had 3 identical Bubble Bomb girls at about 6 weeks veg. I flipped them all the same day 1 under an SE in a 3x3 space and 2 growing under the hps....Harvested at the same time my led grown buds were harder and I got about 1/3 more harvest-able buds off the 1 led grown in a scrog than 1 hps growing free.........I bought another SE3000 after that but I shoulda splurged and gone for the SE5000 for more coverage

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

it's not as simple as more light = bigger plant, there's a point you'll need to control co2 to benefit from more light.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Identical as in clones?
Yes, I still have 1 BB growing and its the end of her line. I've switched to a GSC I'd like to run for a while now.....I take a few cuttings flip the mother grow the cuttings, take cuttings and flip the mothers. I've been growing the same Bomb seeds since before I started on this site, First it was Cherry Bomb, then Bubble Bomb .I've twin GSC now....1 is a stunted ak47/Blackberry

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

You’re focused on the wrong metric. You should be focusing on (DLI) Daily Light Integral & (PAR) Photosynthetic Active Radiation.

We use (PPF) Photosynthetic Photon Flux to measure PAR. Then we use (PPFD) Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density to measure the surface area in micromoles per square meter per second, which is expressed as (umol/m2/S). This helps us establish how many photons are actually landing on a specific area.

We know as growers that without co2 we want anywhere from approximately 500-1,000 ppfd spread as evenly over the canopy as possible. With co2 we can go 1,500+ ppfd. Reputable light manufacturers provide ppfd data in the form of a PAR Map. It’s important to pay attention to this map when choosing your light.

R

ritoMox

Yes, I still have 1 BB growing and its the end of her line. I've switched to a GSC I'd like to run for a while now.....I take a few cuttings flip the mother grow the cuttings, take cuttings and flip the mothers. I've been growing the same Bomb seeds since before I started on this site, First it was Cherry Bomb, then Bubble Bomb .I've twin GSC now....1 is a stunted ak47/BlackberryView attachment 1299412
Thanks. I deleted the comment because I thought that it sounded stupid for me to ask what was already obvious from your post✌️

ninjadip

ninjadip

More light will increase mass up until you get to that threshold @HerbalEdu mentioned, and then you need supplemental c02 to benefit.

Some good led brands will even say if the light is for use with supplemental c02 or not, based on their footprint and output.

Some of the best brands are
HLG
ChilLED
Lumatek
Scynce
Gavita
And
Fluance I think

If it were me I would opt for a bar style LED

Madmax

Madmax

1000w leds are overkill if in small space.and 600-650 watts leds are ideal for 1.4 -1.5 space..

Top Bottom