The bubble flush aka emergency flush

• Thread starter brownstormy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownstormy

brownstormy

Hey gang.
I am wondering if any/many of you out there have tried this "emergency" flush method:

-Cut ripe plant where it meets the soil/medium with little or no flushing done
-Stick the plant into a bucket of clean pH'd water (or even distilled water)
-bubble the hell out of it (so you don't have to change the water every 12hrs)
-do this from 3-6 days then chop apart as you would normally

There are plenty of posts on various forums about people doing this and suggesting it's as good (if not better) than a normal 10-14 day flush. But very few people posting actual results. However the results that are posted are along the lines of "been doing this for years cus it works" or "love doing this cus I can keep feeding the plants longer and it still tastes great".

I would like to know if any of you have tried this and:

-Has anyone encountered failure? bitter/bad aftertaste, etc..
-if it worked, how close to cut date did you feed until and @what strength?
-how long did you bubble-flush for and what did you pH the water to (and what was the pH in your system before cutting the plant)
-was a side by side done with one plant being chopped and dried while the other went into the bubble-flush?

Feedling closer to the end sounds great. Specially in light of the flushing debates I've seen where people don't want to flush because it starves the plant during the finishing period.
This seems like the perfect alternative - provided it works as close to or as well as a proper 10-14day flush.

Please discuss and add your experiences. If it works properly we need to get the word out because I don't know of many people on/offline that do this.

420Gator

420Gator

Hey gang.
I am wondering if any/many of you out there have tried this "emergency" flush method

Please discuss and add your experiences. If it works properly we need to get the word out because I don't know of many people on/offline that do this.

i dont mean to sound like a dick but u dont hear about it much because ppl only do it in "emergency situation"

also its more work and flushing the conventional way seems to work fine

maybe in a small grow one could try it out but i doubt anyone with more than a single big light would be excited to try this

brownstormy

brownstormy

i dont mean to sound like a dick but u dont hear about it much because ppl only do it in "emergency situation"

also its more work and flushing the conventional way seems to work fine

maybe in a small grow one could try it out but i doubt anyone with more than a single big light would be excited to try this

No worries. I appreciate all constructive discussion.
But I'm sure someone running multiple strains off one res could be excited about only flushing plants that are ripe and ready while letting the rest continue on their merry way...
Just have a bubble-flush bucket or two that moves around the room (with fresh water every time).
As far as more work is concerned.. Changing a res daily or every 2days, leaching the medium, etc for 2 weeks VS chop and drop in the bubble-flush bucket... I don't know where you're seeing more work.

There are also mediums out there that retain shit no matter how much or how hard you flush. *IF* the bubble-flush works, this could come in handy for them and those with really dirty water and no access to RO.

Keep it coming folks!

S

swisscheese

I'm interested to hear more feedback from people who've tried this out first hand.

brownstormy

brownstormy

So I tried this. Sort of.
Same room, same genetics.
One plant was cut cleanly at the base and stuck into a bucket of pH'd water with an airstone and an aquarium pump. The other remained in it's bucket next to it and was also only receiving pH'd water.

Results were inconclusive because I had to pull the bubble bucket out after 3 days. BUT it was pretty close to the other uncut plant that got flushed for a whole week.
So I think, circumstances permitting, I will try it again and give the cut plant a full week, along side the uncut plant getting a proper 2 week flush - just to see if I can get 2 week flush quality from 1 week bubble-flushing. I will also try changing the bubble water out every other day or something.

For the record, I also cut and labeled a large node from each plant to establish an unflushed baseline. There was a SUBSTANTIAL difference against both the regular 1week flush and 3day bubble flushed.
It quite promptly ended any "flush or no-flush" debate for me.
Not that I really bought into the no-flush camp, but I couldn't just ignore the assloads of folks swearing that flushing is for sissies ;) ).

Souly209

Souly209

I know this may be a dead thread from years ago but I wanted to see if anyone active could give me some pointers I didn't cut the plant at the base I pulled it out by the roots and washed it clean of all dirt and left it outside in the five gallon bucket of water I didn't pH it and I don't have a bubbler I'm just going to change it every 6 to 12 hours. Ive been using floranova bloom, mendocino avalanche flower hardener, bud candy, liquid kool bloom as their regiment for the previous feedings. Just recently I gave an extra nute to two separate feeds on the same plants feeding each plant humboldt honey added, waited till the next feed and added b-52(only did honey once on prev feed) to this feed regiment. Theyve started to get wpm and starts of bud rot so wondering if letting mature too long, wary of wasting months of hard work so thats why i fidnt fully cut it. I did away with those affected an looking too burnt and starting to rot and pulled for the flush. Will upload a pic now

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Or one coild place valves on before and after each module drain out the module dead end both sides fill up with water and have a nice day

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Root ae connected throughout the plant. Cuttiing them off does not make sense to me

Nute companies like Emerald Harvest provide a weekly nutrient make up chart. During the last 3 weeks much less nutrient is used, effectively initiating a flush. By the ned it is virtually flushed, BUT, I go one step further and run straight water for 2 days with lights off, then harvest.

Souly209

Souly209

Cool @PhatNuggz @NightsWatch @Seamaiden thanks for the share guys will update on how theyre turning out. @PhatNuggz you said once you do the 2 day pure water you keep em in darkness? Ive put them outside regulary for the past 2 days( for the gsc im talking about in this forum ) and i just uprooted my second today and threw her in the water with the same technique replacing water every 6 hrs.

Top Bottom