The Burn

• Thread starter Douglas235
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas235

Douglas235

I came to realize that the room I am using for growing gets really hot (100 degrees). I managed to get a cooler and have that under control; but, some of the plants are drastically burnt and damaged. There are some green leaves in places and they look pretty good. I wonder if it is likely that these plants can recover? Looks like 85% of the plant is brown at this point.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site, help us help you first we need a pic in natural light if possible mate ,.od

Douglas235

Douglas235

Tired plants

welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site, help us help you first we need a pic in natural light if possible mate ,.od
This feels embarrassing, but real enough. I lost most of the yield, am hoping to at least get a little success any way.

Tired plants2
Tired plants3
Tired plants4
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh crumbs sorry man please start again I don’t think it’s worth the hassle of trying to nurse it back . Sorry I’m ruthless when it comes to plants , comes from being a horticulturist for over 30 years . Regards Od .

Douglas235

Douglas235

Oh crumbs sorry man please start again I don’t think it’s worth the hassle of trying to nurse it back . Sorry I’m ruthless when it comes to plants , comes from being a horticulturist for over 30 years . Regards Od .
Yeah, I guess the time I put into this was wasted. The cost of more time and utilities outweighs trying to salvage a small result. Must have needed help understanding when to cut your losses. Well, lessons are not always easy. In the Winter/Spring everything was fine, then a few hot days in a row and I had no way to bring down the heat. Hindsight needs to be replaced by foresight so we can avoid many problematic situations. Thanks so much for your help, your experience certainly came in handy for me.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well mate use this lesson as a learning tool , now get back on the pony and crack some more seed and grow . Od .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Are you running passive air intake I have really hot summers in Tasmania yes even this far south we get some hot spikes that go up to 39 to 40 deg c , I fixed my problem by passive air intake 24/7 using my exhaust fan to do the job , and in summer only grow at night when it’s cooler , I only have lights on at night I’m not normally home through the day , I feel safer being home at night with lights on in case of fire or light failure , regards Od .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No grow is ever a waste if you learn something from it. Sometimes they're expensive lessons though.

Douglas235

Douglas235

No grow is ever a waste if you learn something from it. Sometimes they're expensive lessons though.
Yes, the price of seeds is silly. Not much complaining here, the grows that turn out right are well worth the cost, besides it's fun to watch this beautiful plant grow.

Top Bottom