The Cannabis Encylopedia By Jorge Cervantes

• Thread starter MW7945
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

Not quite sure if this is the right section for this, but does anyone have a copy of this? Pretty new to this stuff still and this seems to be about the most complete book out there. Just curious if it's worth the $45

51RjlehLB9L.jpg

MW7945

MW7945

Not likely, there isn't a pdf/e-book version of it that I'm aware of. I don't really care to ready on computer or tablets anyways. Makes it difficult to navigate quickly and so on. A pdf version would likely be over 1000 pages, this thing is huge

Interesting list though. I see Jorge's older book is on there. This one is only a 2 years old or so. It likely isn't digital due to how easy it is to share/pirate it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not likely, there isn't a pdf/e-book version of it that I'm aware of. I don't really care to ready on computer or tablets anyways. Makes it difficult to navigate quickly and so on. A pdf version would likely be over 1000 pages, this thing is huge

Interesting list though. I see Jorge's older book is on there. This one is only a 2 years old or so. It likely isn't digital due to how easy it is to share/pirate it

I prefer books too. But new ones are expensive.

MW7945

MW7945

I prefer books too. But new ones are expensive.

For sure. It's about $45 on amazon, but I figure it's arguably the most complete one out there from what I can tell. Should be about the only one I need unless I need something more specific. Which I might be able to find on that list
Reading Ed Rosenthals growing tips now.

Was between his and this one, but this one was the newest one. I have a kindle so I can get those for a pretty good price, but I really wanted a physical book

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For sure. It's about $45 on amazon, but I figure it's arguably the most complete one out there from what I can tell. Should be about the only one I need unless I need something more specific. Which I might be able to find on that list

Was between his and this one, but this one was the newest one. I have a kindle so I can get those for a pretty good price, but I really wanted a physical book

I own Jorje bible and Rosenthals guide and honestly the information (beyond a few really silly statements by Jorje in his book) is all anyone needs to grow very well.

Remember Ed is a scientist and one of the original indoor breeders after Vietnam. And Jorje is a reporter mostly.

And with all the discussions and arguments about light spectrums for instance. Ed has all the pertinent data right in his book 30 years ago.

If you want more science. I recomend Clark. Marijuana Botany and his newer book I have not read yet.

MW7945

MW7945

Reading Ed Rosenthals growing tips now.

From what I gathered a lot of people thought Ed's book was TOO much science. And kind of strayed away from some of the basic information. I'm all about science, but I don't need to know everything down to a T when it comes to the plant really. Basically it comes down to there not really being a one size fits all for this type of thing. I ordered this book so we'll see how it goes. Should be here tomorrow

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From what I gathered a lot of people thought Ed's book was TOO much science. And kind of strayed away from some of the basic information. I'm all about science, but I don't need to know everything down to a T when it comes to the plant really. Basically it comes down to there not really being a one size fits all for this type of thing. I ordered this book so we'll see how it goes. Should be here tomorrow

I understand but always need to see for myself.

I subscribe to a motto the owner of the first business I worked for when I was 18 told me.

"There are two kinds of people when it comes to work when they look back. One has gained 20 years of experience at their craft. The other one year of experience twenty times"

I took this to heart and always try to learn all I can about what I do and what I am interested in doing.

Without plant science knowledge we will end up as perpetual beginners.

It's better to know why than just how.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I own that encyclopedia and it is very good about getting in depth with the basics. Yes Jorge does say some really silly misleading facts but they are far and few between. And yes he is mostly a reporter, and most of the knowledge in there are from other growers (even a very large "thanks to" in the beginning of it)
After reading it a couple dozen times (which I recommend you do also because I learned something new that I didn't previously understand every time and it boosted my knowledge immensely)
Ed is very scientific and I would definitely say some of his offerings is geared toward the "advanced" grower, but he does have the most relevant info for sure.
Best of luck, the knowledge game is real.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There's still plenty of science in this from what I gather. I agree, you can never learn too much.

An open forum is useless in that way unless you have a good base knowledge of the subject being discussed.

Otherwise you can't know which opinion is based on fact. And you will act on conjecture.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I own that encyclopedia and it is very good about getting in depth with the basics. Yes Jorge does say some really silly misleading facts but they are far and few between. And yes he is mostly a reporter, and most of the knowledge in there are from other growers (even a very large "thanks to" in the beginning of it)
After reading it a couple dozen times (which I recommend you do also because I learned something new that I didn't previously understand every time and it boosted my knowledge immensely)
Ed is very scientific and I would definitely say some of his offerings is geared toward the "advanced" grower, but he does have the most relevant info for sure.
Best of luck, the knowledge game is real.

I really like and fully agree with this post. :-)

MW7945

MW7945

I'll probably give this a read through and go to Ed's next. That list is awesome, but I like to support these guys. They put a lot of time into it. I'm sure I'll browse through a few on there though

Top Bottom