The Cannatrol™ Cool Cure Box. Perfect dry and cure every time?

• Thread starter BallsDeep73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking everything is automated pre harvest why not
Hello Beachwalker. No actually I have a beefed up 5.3 LS with a turbo 350 auto and a ford 8 in rear with 3.55 posi all I can say is YAAAAA HOOOOOO!
Holy hot dogs!? I knew you had something wedged in there LOL that's sick..!!! She looks good too that's a sweet ride!😎👍

C

Christos1974

I was looking into a automatic system for drying and curing and came across this. What do you guys think? These could be game changers in future. But $1500 kinda steep.
Are there any other companies selling something similar for less money?

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I made a terrible adult financial decision and purchased one couple months ago and got to run the first harvest through it…with that said it’s absolutely an amazing addition piece of equipment added to the already expensive hobby I’ve created and arguably the best final product I’ve produced.

Pros:
I did a quick wet trim and it did all the work with zero issues. I actually got injured right after the drying process completed and the beauty was, I did not have to worry about needing to do the final trim and literally just let the harvest set in it for several weeks until I could get around to it with zero worries.

Frees up my tent space so I can rotate plants quicker.

It’s does exactly what they preach in terms of locking the odors inside the bud and does not gas off until you take it out. And boy does it gas off once it’s outside the troll for an hour or so.

I found it’s best to just leave the final product inside as it just gets better and better.

Abilities to control exactly how much or little moisture you want in your final product.

Cons:
Obviously the price for what you actually get in my opinion. I think $800 to 1k range would be more ideal in the real world…which doesn’t exist anymore.

No wifi abilities so you can’t monitor or track for research purposes. Hell everything has WiFi capabilities now days for way less than $1800.

The computer Velcros on top of the unit which works fine but again $1800 price range…the tablet pen doesn’t even come with a mounting/holding option. Easy to DYI.

Size obviously but that really depends on what your needs are. I’m just a small hobbyist grower but definitely wish it was slightly bigger like 4lbs wet would be ideal.

Final thoughts:
All in all I honestly would consider purchasing another one later down the road. Extremely pleased with how the equipment works and does what they say it does. If you just close your eyes and press the purchase button on your shopping cart, you will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

IMG 1632
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I guess they make room size ones for commercial too. But their is not too many reviews on it. I think it’s a good idea if it’s a push a button and forget. It’s suppose to dry, cure, and store bud. $1500 is the only thing holding me back. Another tent might be better option for me.
I believe the larger ones start around $40k

P

PahPahCee

Far from a wine cooler but there are plenty of others modding wine coolers to act like a trol and have good success.
How is it not a wine cooler? I see a thermoelectric peltier in the back. It even has the same ugly blue light. It has a cool controller on top but other than that I don’t see a difference.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Looks like a rebranded wine cooler.
it is, but with controlled humidity, dehumidifier built in. expensive as hell for the size and for what it really is.
I guess they charge 1000bucks for the fancy controller screen LOL

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

How is it not a wine cooler? I see a thermoelectric peltier in the back. It even has the same ugly blue light. It has a cool controller on top but other than that I don’t see a difference.
There are plenty of people modifying wine coolers to create a cannatrol system. Look up cheese curing systems. I looked heavily into and there’s some great info out there on how to do so. Think we all agree the system is heavily overpriced but at least it does exactly what they say its supposed to do. Just wish it could hold 4lbs for that price range and offer WiFi capabilities but there’s no denying it help produce connoisseur levels of end product. Doesn’t mean it’s worth the money but after onerun through it, you start to forget about the cost.

P

PahPahCee

There are plenty of people modifying wine coolers to create a cannatrol system. Look up cheese curing systems. I looked heavily into and there’s some great info out there on how to do so. Think we all agree the system is heavily overpriced but at least it does exactly what they say its supposed to do. Just wish it could hold 4lbs for that price range and offer WiFi capabilities but there’s no denying it help produce connoisseur levels of end product. Doesn’t mean it’s worth the money but after onerun through it, you start to forget about the cost.
I was mostly being annoying. I’ve build a few of the cannatrol copy cats.

The cannatrol originally was intended for the meat industry, then they pivoted to the cheese, and finally they realized the only people who would pay the premium was cannabis.

You can get about 1.5lb to maybe 2lb dry (if wet trimmed) in a 28 bottle sized fridge. You gotta really pack it tight for 2lb.

The DIY cannatroll’ers are using INKBIRD controllers so we do have some WiFi monitoring/control.

Top Bottom