The 'Chair... Maybe

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Time for a grow log; actually way overdue.
I have been on the search for the "Wheelchair" (or "Crippler") cut that we used to puff in the late 90's. The stuff was like rooting hormone for your ass in a giant rooting cube shaped like a couch... I have been looking to get this into the hands of some patients in CO who could use some pain-free rest.
I have to add a disclaimer: I have grown about a dozen cuts that were supposed to be real-deal, but weren't even close. Let's try again, and see what's what.
I am going to flower one of these cuts as soon as I get the flower room finished at this location. Won't be a monster, but we should get a good idea how she'll grow.

The chair maybe

Flower cut

The chair maybe 2

Future mom if she makes the grade...

More pics to follow as she stretches and puts her bling on.

sky high

sky high

Will be interested to see what you find. I know this bud like the back of my hand. The real deal won't bulk on you. If she yields and puts off those forearm sized buds (like the cut I had that I was told was the Wheel..but certainly wasn't) you will know it isn't the real cut.

good luck!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Will be interested to see what you find.
I was hoping you'd see this, Sky. I am not holding my breath after so many disappointments, but I have to admit I'm a little excited to check it out. Thanks for dropping in!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

That is a bad ass tag.. I've only heard stories about this killer strain from up north.. My boy would always tell me about a killer strain Called Wheelchair.. Maybe I even smoked it I'm not sure.. Good luck with the hunt..

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Looking pure indica, Short and stout with lots of bud. She's about 5 weeks in, and looking good. Smells and looks like Blueberry, though. Leaf shape is not blueberry, but the bud structure and aroma definitely is.

See what I mean about looking blueberry?... hmmm. Fingers still crossed but losing hope. In any case, there are some kushdee-fathered beans in her, so if she's good I'll have some beans worth picking through. If not, I'll have some beans to throw in the ditch next time I drive through Nebraska. Lords knows those folks need to catch a buzz.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Time for a grow log; actually way overdue.
I have been on the search for the "Wheelchair" (or "Crippler") cut that we used to puff in the late 90's. The stuff was like rooting hormone for your ass in a giant rooting cube shaped like a couch... I have been looking to get this into the hands of some patients in CO who could use some pain-free rest.
I have to add a disclaimer: I have grown about a dozen cuts that were supposed to be real-deal, but weren't even close. Let's try again, and see what's what.
I am going to flower one of these cuts as soon as I get the flower room finished at this location. Won't be a monster, but we should get a good idea how she'll grow.

View attachment 334367
Flower cut

View attachment 334368
Future mom if she makes the grade...

More pics to follow as she stretches and puts her bling on.

Just from the description alone, I find myself strangely coveting it. You're missing your calling as a copywriter for seed companies!

Subbed... because I'm drawn, like a top bud grows towards the hps of enlightenment...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ttystikk

ttystikk

In case anyone remembers 'moon cabbage' from northern Colorado back in the nineties, I have incontrovertible proof that it's an old Northern Lights. Hee hee...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Just from the description alone, I find myself strangely coveting it. You're missing your calling as a copywriter for seed companies!

Subbed... because I'm drawn, like a top bud grows towards the hps of enlightenment...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I love it, Ty! I am thinking maybe I'll have to make some beans in order to get that job...lol! Had to get batteries for camera. perfect luck. pics tonight for sure. She seems really interesting. I'm not so much into fruity flavors, but the structure on her is incredible. She's got solid trichome content, but I'm not blown away by the crystal production. Yield is great for a two-gallon smart pot / T5 bloom. If she provides good pain relief and some relaxation, she'll be around in my spot or a buddy's.
She does have a few Kushdee-fathered beans in her also. I'd love to see the awesome structure of those two indicas combined. Well, hopefully we all will see what happens with those beans.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Interesting structure on the buds, and the plant in general. I can't peg the fruit smell; not blueberry, but just freaking fruity. I'm reserving final judgment for cured buds. I did manage to get a couple beans on her, but only where her preflowers were. A kushdee influence might produce something interesting some day. We'll see how she turns out. I am pretty sure this cut is nothing like the 'Chair I remember. Hopefully she's something good anyhow.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Ok, I am 100% positive this is NOT the Wheelchair cut we used to puff in the late 90's. Anyhow, I'll post the chop shots and a smoke report when I get 'er cured up. She does smelly super sweet/fruity. Not full of the bag-appeal long-stemmed trichomes, but there seems to be a pretty good amount of short-stalked, fat-bulbed trichomes. I'll try to get some close-ups. Still hoping this plant is good medicine.
Chair 001

Chair 002

Chair 003

Chair 005

Chair 006

This was a 2-gallon smart pot T5 bloom. I am sure I could pull some weight off this cut. Never concerned with yield as much as good medicine, though, so she's gone if the testing doesn't blow me away.

sky high

sky high

Damn. I had my fingers crossed for ya.

IMO..if it yields it isn't the real deal. I grew that cut from 91-2004 (and kick myself for letting her go) and tried all sorts of approaches/nutes/lighting arrays/configurations to get her to yield and she was always damn finicky. What she did give was killer though...as you know. I laff now at how we trimmed EVERY nug...LARF and all....just cus EVERY hit was like being blasted into space on a huge comfy couch. LOFL.

thanks for the show/effort/for spinning "The Wheel"....

Top Bottom