The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
milkcrate

milkcrate

well, just to report what happened today, this morning i kept the level of 6.5 PH, and within 6 hours the plants started to droop, i change the PH to 5.8 and within 4 hours perked right up, wow, this was a noticeable difference, so ill keep it in the 5.6 to 5.8 and see how that works....thanx f0r the help...

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

got another problem.... c couple of my plants are starting to get yellowing leaves....never happened to me before...been using the same nutes for years, the General Hydroponics Flor Micro series, ya know the brown, green, pink collective, and botainicaire cal mag...this is strange, any thoughts? the ph i always used was between 5.8 - 6.1, dont know what to do ...

any feedback will be welcomed...

Rainbow Dreaming c ... Rainbow Dreaming d

this just started about 5 days ago....

crate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This looks like a K problem, being mid-plant. If nothing else has changed, I'd start looking at the source water. However, I would also be calibrating my meter and double-checking the feed.

milkcrate

milkcrate

i appreciate the help....i do filter my water with a Zero Water filter kit....tds/ppm of my water is always 0.0 when starting off....now the only change i have made to my routine is using General Hydroponics PH Down....i ran out of what i usually use and figure this would be ok....now i noticed that it adds around 217 tds points to my reading....and the other day i noticed the water was cloudy... this have never happened to me before.... could the PH Down be causing the problem? should i try another product?

crate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IF that's the ONLY change, then I'd begin examining it more closely. But beyond that, you've gotta remember that I'm an organic gal who's really bad at math and tends to grow by feel. Is this pH adjuster different, chemically or in any other way besides brand, different from what you were using? Because it seems to me that it's possible.

Eliminate the possibilities. Can you get more of what you were using before? I don't think you can correct a whole lot here, just stop progression. I've gotta say that my first thoughts on those pix were possible lock-out, then I second guessed myself, but one thing is for sure--I am still landing on K.

milkcrate

milkcrate

thanx, goin to look for some different PH Down....thats the only change i have made...i'll start there....wont be able to get what i was using before until next week....

well, off to the hydro store... =]

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

i got some different PH Down, advanced nutrients and i believe that will fix my problem, the other, GH ph down was too much acid, i only needed a few drops of the new as apposed to the 1/2 to 1 ml of the old to bring it down.....Im givin them just water for 2 days, then back to a mild feeding and in a couple days increase to those that normaly take full strength and adjust the ones that need special food....i'll probably keep the ph around 5.8 and go from there...

thanx again

crate

growchick421

growchick421

I have seen these charts before. They r wonderful and not just for herb,but for all plants. I was wondering for anyone that clones, has anyone encountered genetic degradation, cloning to the point that the plants growing procedures change? Smaller buds, new fragrance put off, smaller/ larger growth in the plant it's self, etc. We have a strain that I think this might be happening. The buds use to be the size of a fist now they r the size of a golf ball, and the smell let off during bloom has turned way fruity. We r thinking of getting a new cutting, or better yet get some seeds to start new mom.
Any info on these kind of changes would be appreciated. :happy:

milkcrate

milkcrate

yes, i believe this to be true if you continue to clone over and over, i had a real nice BC Bud Sweet God, and i wouldnt keep a mom, just take a cuttin before i put it into bud, it was easier to take care of a small plant than big one, but on the 4th year of doin this i noticed changes in the node structure, size of bud, formation of bud, and went back the company to get new seeds and could never find that one i had before, somewhat similar but wasnt the same...but yes i believe you need to refresh the strain, either backcross it or find the father through genetics background, i tried that too, got a God Bud and crossed it with a Sweet Tooth, and also got a Sweet Tooth and crossed it with the God Bud...still wasnt able to get that one i had and liked... and one other thing i have found...the Sweet God i had came from a 07' seed run...and 4 years later of course them seeds were gone from that year and new stock came in but still wasnt the same...i believe ya got to be aware of certain years when strains are done, cause when they start the IBL lineage ya may lose certain characteristics of the original strain....im hopefully waitin on a seed pack from an 08' run of Skylock, that had a very hardy pheno that really produced huge buds...i do got a cuttin of that year but its already goin on 2 1/2 years old now....so lookin for a male from that seed pack...fingers crossed

crate

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you might want to read... aw crap, I think it's called Mother Plants Grow Old or something like that. I have to get my ass in gear and start this day's trimming, but try a search for that. There are some other threads on, like.... I think Genetic Drift or something like that.

growchick421

growchick421

I think you might want to read... aw crap, I think it's called Mother Plants Grow Old or something like that. I have to get my ass in gear and start this day's trimming, but try a search for that. There are some other threads on, like.... I think Genetic Drift or something like that.
Thank you. I don't know very much about it so I'm always looking for good info books to obtain. :bookworm:

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom