The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... that's a great question and I wish I could say yes unequivocally. I'm sure there is, but I haven't seen it.

HOLLAH! I bet someone here knows if there is. That's the great thing about community. :D

OracleGG

OracleGG

you sir just earned a follow and a book mark, thanks for those charts the last one is very very helpful

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Awesome believe it or not I was looking for this chart without a clue as to what it would be. if I looked it up on google as Rh chart I would just get charts like this thank you both for your super awesome charts. @Seamaiden is there a cart to help me read/understand the mineral wheel chart a little better. IK its not complicated I just want to know more specifis about the arrows and their meanings when u have jus one in one direction is not mentioned and two pointing at or away from each other is veuge about how/what denote synergy and denote mutual mineral interference means
ESRT10-Relative%20Humidity2.jpg

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well you know, it's interesting about that mineral wheel. @Protaide did some digging and let me know that it's actually a wheel that was designed for animal nutrition (if I'm recollecting what he told me correctly) and in fact was never originally intended to be used for, on or with plants. Yet we've been using this wheel to help us understand. And unfortunately, I do not yet have anything that might replace that wheel as a graphic, or chart.

So, what's this chart you've shared? I'm not familiar with wet vs dry bulbs.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Well you know, it's interesting about that mineral wheel. @Protaide did some digging and let me know that it's actually a wheel that was designed for animal nutrition (if I'm recollecting what he told me correctly) and in fact was never originally intended to be used for, on or with plants. Yet we've been using this wheel to help us understand. And unfortunately, I do not yet have anything that might replace that wheel as a graphic, or chart.

So, what's this chart you've shared? I'm not familiar with wet vs dry bulbs.
Has the wheel helped with gardening or was it just a shot in the dark ?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

The thermodynamic wet-bulb temperature is the temperature a volume of air would have if cooled adiabatically to saturation by evaporation of water into it, all latent heat being supplied by the volume of air.

The temperature of an air sample that has passed over a large surface of liquid water in an insulated channel is the thermodynamic wet-bulb temperature
219575a9e49f669de876cfaf7c9487c3.png

• 77317bd72eab983cc6a9cd079b73b717.png
    water content of interface at equilibrium (kgH2O/kgdry air) (note that the air in this region is and has always been saturated)
  • 7c5081abe6c2100f0e44396b6ac51661.png
    water content of the distant air (same unit as above)
  • d6a72fc99e4efef53dc8969ba2f042d2.png
    mass transfer coefficient (kg/m²⋅s)
  • 37388ac88f952ca253c1301db58f393c.png
    air temperature at distance (K)
  • fac104d22dee69931a5c063a7e29b69f.png
    water drop temperature at equilibrium (K)
  • 6fa67d07badc3bf7fa3ec230befa10ea.png
    convective heat transfer coefficient (W/m²·

Basically a buch of B.S. that helps no one in the real world in the long run unless you want to do a lot of math and study and buy spendy toys you will only use one time LOL

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has the wheel helped with gardening or was it just a shot in the dark ?
It has helped me somewhat. I cannot say it has helped me Dx problems, but it does help me remember to keep things balanced.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Yaaaaay that's more like it researching and processing TY seamaiden

MrBlazington

MrBlazington

Fantastic write up, defiantly an excellent group of information.

hexthat

hexthat

I noticed most Hydro nutrients do not have Ni, Dyna-Gro being the exception.

lots of sites only have this to say about Ni
Nickel (Ni)

Though Ni deficiency symptoms are not well documented. Symptoms include chlorosis and interveinal chlorosis in young leaves that that goes down to plant tissue necrosis. Other things are poor seed germination and decreases in crop yield.

thctalk had this to say
Plant Competition and Induced Deficiencies
When the observed symptoms are the direct result of a nutrient deficiency, the actions needed for correction are relatively straight-forward. However symptoms are often the result of interactions with other environmental factors limiting the availability of the nutrient whose symptoms are expressed. The classic instance is that of iron deficiency induced by an excess of heavy metals in the environment. Transition metals such as Cu, Zn Cr and Ni compete with Fe and each other for plant uptake. Competition for uptake is not specific to Fe and heavy metals but is true for all mineral nutrients that are chemically similar and have similar uptake mechanisms. For example if the availability of Cu or Zn is relatively less than that of Fe, then excessive concentrations of some other metal such as Ni or Cr will induce a deficiency of one of these nutrients rather than Fe. In the case of the macronutrients, excessive amounts of Mg will compete with K for uptake and can possibly induce a K deficiency. The barrenness of serpentine soils is the result of such competition, with the high Mg of these soils inducing a Ca deficiency. The toxicity of a low pH soil is another example of a basic nutrient deficiency. Low pH has a two-fold effect on soil nutrients: It enhances the leaching of cations, reducing their availability in the soil, and the relatively abundant protons in the soil compete with Ca and other cations for uptake. Thus, nutrient deficiencies can be induced by a number of different mechanisms often working in concert to limit the availability of a nutrient.

Need a new Mulder's Chart with Ni and Si. I see people using lots of Si now days.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I using an amended soil with roots as the base(3cf)
2cups of
bone
blood
dol lime
high p guano
high n guano
neem cake
azomite
kelp meal
Cooked for over 2 months

What im seeing is canoeing/leaf edges rolling up on new growth. Only 3 of 9 are showing and a couple are showing slight over nute. My temps are fine, no over or underwatering and humdity is around 30.
My assumptions are i ammended too hot of a mix. I fed with some runoff with a light cal/mag and silica feed in case the mg may be the issue. I can get pics later but what do you think your assumption is with the factors provided @Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is this rolling a new thing, and is the mix new for you to use? At first I might be suspect of the blood meal and guanos, but not after 2mos. That RH may be the factor. Can you raise it? Do you know your pH parameters?

Right now I'm landing on RH, based on the information provided. I really doubt the mix is too hot. Unless it's mostly guano and meals, but... 2C ea? In 3'cu? That'd be quite a trick.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

It seems to only affect 2of5 lemon larrys and the others are kinda showing slight def. Ill try and bump up the rh, ive been setting my ph at the low end of 6.5-7 as i us the drops and im thinking i need to bump it up a bit. Ill get a couple of pics, looks like the leaf had hair rollers in.

Top Bottom