The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I may as well just post these here charts up in their very own thread and then put that in my sig line, because I spend a lot of time posting these charts that I use regularly to help me make diagnoses on all my plants, cannabis included. One is specific to cannabis, the others, including the Mulder's Mineral Wheel (with periodic notations) helps us understand more about why one mineral may be in imbalance relative to another, or more, as with life, it is a wheel and not linear.

Enjoy, and use as often as you need. I do not take credit for creating these charts, only sharing them.

Leaf trouble chart

Please note with specific regard to this cannabis leaf chart: there is an error in that Ca is being shown under the heading of Mobile Nutrients. Calcium is an immobile nutrient, thus problems can occur on upper (newer) leaves only.
Best cannabis deficiency visual chart

I'm adding a different Mulder's Wheel and removing the previous wheel, based on discussions with Protaide and other research. What I'd really like to do is get ALL the best charts onto one page, so I may decide to do some editing of this thread (I haven't decided yet). In any event, say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. I'm hoping this one's easier to work with.

Resourcesmulders chart

1.20.15 (January 20, 2015).

I'm adding the Periodic Table of Elements for those folks who need a reference for abbreviated references, EG; You have a Ca-.

SciNotesPeriodicTable.png

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd like to not that while the third chart is very good, it's much more helpful when you include the flow chart, because it doesn't speak to where on the plant you may observe these problems and they don't always present in exactly the same way. I shall get some tape.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Something that isn't addressed on the charts. Leaf count degradation. I have a few plants that recently went backwards on me. What I mean by leaf count degradation is going from a 7 count leaf to the new growth leaves having less and less. I've searched here on the farm and on google as well and can't find anything.

I know it has to do with plant health. I also know that a revegged plant will do this. But why would a plant do this if the leaves all look super healthy and the cutting was not taken from a flowering plant?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Something that isn't addressed on the charts. Leaf count degradation. I have a few plants that recently went backwards on me. What I mean by leaf count degradation is going from a 7 count leaf to the new growth leaves having less and less. I've searched here on the farm and on google as well and can't find anything.

I know it has to do with plant health. I also know that a revegged plant will do this. But why would a plant do this if the leaves all look super healthy and the cutting was not taken from a flowering plant?

Is this happening on plants in veg or flower?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

In Veg. I did manage to find some thrips and I have since given them a foliar with OGBiowars foliar. Also gave them a double strength dose of tea.

Interesting. That may not be a nutrient issue but a viral one. I don't know what nutrient issue would cause the growth reversion.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

That's not a deficiency, it's hormonal confusion with regard to what type of growth the plant should be producing--vegetative or regenerative (aka flowering). My experience with the blades or lobes growing to a different, abnormal number is only when photoperiod is being played around with, and only after they're sexually mature. You're working with clones, yes?
Do u have the nutrients/ph/temp conversion chart? I cant find it anywhere and that one was really helpfull for me! Nice thread!
No I don't. But if it's found it can be added.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

That's not a deficiency, it's hormonal confusion with regard to what type of growth the plant should be producing--vegetative or regenerative (aka flowering). My experience with the blades or lobes growing to a different, abnormal number is only when photoperiod is being played around with, and only after they're sexually mature. You're working with clones, yes?

Yes. The plants in question have been in my stable for some time now. The photoperiod did change a little so that makes sense to me as well. They also may not be getting as much light as they need now that I think about it. Thanks Sea......once again you helped me figure something out. You my friend ROCK!!!

Oh.....might be up your way sometime in the near future. Thinking bouts moving to Gold Country. This rat race down here is too much for me. I need to be around trees....other than the ones in my rooms.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, sure, why not? Although I've never used a VPD chart to figure out solutions to problems, I do use it inside to help me push parameters. :) If you've got it, post it up.

Top Bottom