THE CLAW HELP please!!!

• Thread starter ballisticsurf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

ballisticsurf

So i have the claw on my plant that is 3 week into flower. I hear that it is too much N. But i am giving it pure blend pro bloom soil. and the recomended supplements to go with it from botanicare. and ph is between 5.8-6.5 and i am in canna coco. use RO water. feed 2 gal of water/nutrients every other day. never just water.how do i fix this. and it is also happening on my younger vegs and even clones. could it bee something else besides the N claw? Please hlp me out. Thank you everyone.:cool0041:

August pot 160jpg
August pot 162jpg
B

ballisticsurf

new pictures

i will post new pictures tonight when the lights turn on at 8 these are from about a week to a week and half ago. the problem has worsened but bud development is going great. thanks agian!:icon_animal26:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Q: What is the ppm level you're feeding at?

Flush out that medium a bit bro. There is probably a VERY high ppm level built up in your coco. Just give ph'd ro w/ 30-50% runoff & measure the ppm of that runoff. Don't worry about the ph of the runoff.

If you're feeding at 850 and you get runoff at 1500, well ... there's your problem. Just keep giving water until your runoff ppm gets close to your targeted feed level. Then resume normal feeding with a lower ppm or a regular watering so that you don't get that kind of buildup again. G/L

B

ballisticsurf

i am barrowing a ppm meter from a friend tomarrow and will be able to do as you requested. thank you for your help. but could you explain how i might have got to this point? and how to keep it from happining agian. thank you.:hi

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

What are your other additives? Botanicare CalMag+?

IMO, CalMag+ has too much N because of the Calcium Nitrate. Use General Organics CalMag or another brand that doesn't contain Calcium Nitrate.

Also, I would recommend flushing your medium for 2 days, then resume a weaker feed schedule.

What pH are you feeding?

How are you doing coco without a ppm or pH meter?

The only time its okay not to check pH and ppm/EC when growing is if you are doing STRICTLY organic soil. When you feed salts, you are feeding hydro...so pH and EC MUST be in check! Both feed and run off...going in and going out!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Also, what kind of strains are you running? Most very sativa strains, particularly the hazes, really don't need much N and claw very easily. Usually not a big deal...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Try bumping your pH down to 5.5, as coco has a tendency to rise in pH while sitting, and pHing it to 5.8-6.3 is high, and it will only climb higher in the medium after you feed. So feeding around 6.0 or higher will put you in a range of higher N uptake.

nutrient-ph-range.jpg

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

... but could you explain how i might have got to this point? and how to keep it from happining agian. thank you.:hi

Sure, pretty simple. The plant just consuming more water that nutes at whatever ppm it is you're feeding at. So if you're not feeding DTW w/ plenty of runoff, or doing a regular watering to - sort of "flush" the media, the salts will build up in the media. How to prevent it - either feed at a lower rate, make sure you've got plenty of runoff, or give water every X # of days. You can monitor the ppm level in you media by simply checking the runoff.

HTH

B

ballisticsurf

Thank you much all of you. I think i got it. Darth Fader you were correct by flushing out the medium. The 1st flush was 3 gal and runoff ppm was 554x10. 2nd 2 gallon runoff was179x10. and 3rd flush of 2 gallon runoff was at 620. Will resume feeding in 2 days and will drop the ph to 5.5. will flush/feed with just ro water phed 1 time a week. thanks to all agian. And am buying a ppm meter on payday!
Last does any one know why the ph of ro water would be 8? does not seem right.

E

Elite Nugs

Find out what the ppm of the ro water is. If its close to 0, then the ph doesnt matter much. If its a higher ppm then you might need to change some filters or find a new RO water source. It may be some dirty RO water.

B

ballisticsurf

ro water ppm 8
because when i adjust the ph it adds ppm to the water. is all.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thank you much all of you. I think i got it. Darth Fader you were correct by flushing out the medium. The 1st flush was 3 gal and runoff ppm was 554x10. 2nd 2 gallon runoff was179x10. and 3rd flush of 2 gallon runoff was at 620. Will resume feeding in 2 days and will drop the ph to 5.5. will flush/feed with just ro water phed 1 time a week. thanks to all agian. And am buying a ppm meter on payday!

Damn, I've seen up to 3k but 5540! I didn't want to guess, but I was thinking toxic levels of 3K+. Don't expect those leaves to recover, but don't sweat it too much, new growth should be fine & I've had outstanding product w/ leaves like that. My ro water is around 8, no worries. ro water is unbuffered so a few drops of ph down will really move the ph. If you add your nutes first it will take much more to move it. Hopefully your nutes will move it in the right direction.

B

ballisticsurf

i know the plant looks so much better and it has only been a day! and i noticed that about the ro water. 2 drops and i was like holy fuck! but thank you for all the help and the nugs look bigger alreaddy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom