DSCN4901 1335 x 1308

DSCN4901   Copy 1300 x 1272

DSCN4908 3000 x 2250

DSCN4910 1320 x 990

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
^ Purple Urkle crossed with what? Looks like Gorilla Grape maybe? Looking good bro!!!

altimood

altimood

^ Purple Urkle crossed with what? Looks like Gorilla Grape maybe? Looking good bro!!!
Pretty sure it's just straight purple urkle. In veg it looks more lanky than the average hybrid. You think it's a cross? I do have a (fire og) x double purple doja x purple urkle but this isn't it. Its 29 days and looks nothing like that bad ass BCS! Lol! Got some Chemdog D/OG x purple afgooey females about to transplant. I hope they purple up- I'll update this urkle in a week or two- what you got stewing these days HS? You're pics are always blowing minds bro!

rawman

rawman

The fact that you say it's lanky in veg makes me think it is not urkle, damn good purple tho :D Urkle is a slow, stout growing plant. Not so much lanky... Is it flowering purple before week 4? Urkle doesn't really "put on the purp" until later in flower.

It may be urkle though, I can point a few things that kinda set-off a wellll maybe thought in my head

Here's some urkle shots from earlier flower, and then around week 9-10

Urkle early
Urk
Urk finish

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty sure it's just straight purple urkle. In veg it looks more lanky than the average hybrid. You think it's a cross? I do have a (fire og) x double purple doja x purple urkle but this isn't it. Its 29 days and looks nothing like that bad ass BCS! Lol! Got some Chemdog D/OG x purple afgooey females about to transplant. I hope they purple up- I'll update this urkle in a week or two- what you got stewing these days HS? You're pics are always blowing minds bro!
Yeah pretty sure it's a cross bro. Like raw said there is nothing lanky about Urkle. It is the shortest, stoutest, slowest vegging plant I have ever grown. Also like raw mentioned it shouldn't be showing purple that early in bud set...especially with the early purple calyxes, almost looks like DPD thats why I said Gorilla Grape maybe. Gorilla Grape is Purple Urkle X Double Purple Doja. Also the leaf pattern doesn't resemble Urkle much either. Urkle doesn't have those fatter sections in the middle the blades are more streamline...the serrations on the leafs edge are way different too. Urkle has smaller double jag serrations where yours looks to have larger single serrations.

That being said my Urkle cut is different than raw's too. His looks like it produces way more than my cut and the bud structure is a little different as well...mine crowns different. His looks like a so called "GDP" cut my boy is running so who knows? Maybe I don't know as much as I thought about the Urk lol. All I know is the guy I sourced my cut from got it in NorCal so I figured it was the original. Maybe some others that have experience with Urkle will chime in.

Here are some old ass pics of some smaller Urkle's I flowered for reference:
Urk1

Urk3   Copy

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

your's def doens't look like urk....hs...rawmans shots are dead on for urkle.....most times urkle is more whitish pink than purple.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Hummm...dosen't look like any Urkle Iv'e seen or what is circulating here? Like I said my pics are from some Urkles that were flipped right from clone so the bud set is quite small...even for Urkle. Hopefully others will chime in as well. We'll get to the bottom of this lol.

dirk d

dirk d

Wow HS, that LA Pure Kush looks Dank bro! excellent job. How's the smells on her??

rawman

rawman

That urkle cut has been held since04'- 05' my friend got it on OverGrow around then, and has held it since, its his prized cut..... I have pictures of GDP I will post when I get home.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow HS, that LA Pure Kush looks Dank bro! excellent job. How's the smells on her??
I'm not the best at this but kind of a hashy, earthy, musky, kushy goodness. Hard to explain...for me at least.

altimood

altimood

Good info. I just hate it when I don't know what I'm growing. Got this passed to me as purple urkle and just assumed it was since it was purple, one thing is for sure: it's Purple. Ha ha- good looking out fellas-- keep em rolling. I am vegging Rascal's fire alien urkle, we'll see what those do...

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah this cut has been around a loooong time as well...who knows. This is the first time anyone has doubted it's authenticity...I have had LOTS of people tell me it's Urkle though. I even took samples down to my boys in the LA area and as soon as they smelled it in the jar they said "purple urkle huh" before I even told them what it was. I haven't taken any new pics from my more current grows with her but I have some veg shots I will put up.

101 1422 1250 x 1076

101 1426 1250 x 938

101 1428 1250 x 938

101 1432 1250 x 938

And a few more of the older flower pics:

rawman

rawman

One thing is urkle appearance will vary under different envoirments, in terms of colors, and also that pic makes the buds look big, but they really aren't dried. No bud really bigger than 3.5 give or take.

I've a 8th on me of urkle actually that is only slightly purple

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
One thing is urkle appearance will vary under different envoirments, in terms of colors, and also that pic makes the buds look big, but they really aren't dried. No bud really bigger than 3.5 give or take.

I've a 8th on me of urkle actually that is only slightly purple
Very true raw... I have seen some others grow this exact cut with little purpling where mine gets quite dark. How about the veg pics...look similar? I know Alien said the Urkle cut he used to run looked just like mine...maybe there are a few running around under the name Purple Urkle???

Latest posts

Top Bottom