The Conference Call Hell forum

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hello all. I might pop in and out during the day.

A company that I work for a few hours per week is having their annual retreat this week. The very much wanted me to call in on Teams for the day, so here I am, ready to die of fucking boredom. Then I thought I'd drop in on THC Farmer! It's now 11:10, I've been in their meeting since 9 AM, and have spoken for about 50 seconds, total, not including the introductions. I'm on mute and my camera is off, so some dope might get smoked.

Well, it's their money.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

A company that I work for a few hours per week is having their annual retreat this week. The very much wanted me to call in on Teams for the day, so here I am, ready to die of fucking boredom. Then I thought I'd drop in on THC Farmer! It's now 11:10, I've been in their meeting since 9 AM, and have spoken for about 50 seconds, total, not including the introductions. I'm on mute and my camera is off, so some dope might get smoked.

Well, it's their money.
be glad you not leading the meeting and can just relax and that you can stay muted so long

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I've already snuck a couple of hits. They're about to drag me into the conversation, so I'll have to wait before the next one.
be lucky you not in i.t, i was in telecommunications and could check what network activity was running on our work at home laptops while meetings are ongoing

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

be lucky you not in i.t, i was in telecommunications and could check what network activity was running on our work at home laptops while meetings are ongoing
I have two computers on my desk. On one I'm talking to you, on the other, the meeting is going on. No cross-talk between them.

BTW, if anyone else finds themselves in this situation, PRO TIP: Make sure you allow time to recover from the hit before you're expected to speak. I had to use the old, "Oh, sorry. I didn't realize I was on mute," line.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

end up surviving? @mysticepipedon
Yes, and weaseled out of sitting in on today's festivities.

It's kind of funny, my co-workers tried to play a joke on me by pretending I was supposed to have had some prepared talk to give them. They thought I'd be worried about having to make it up on the fly.

Making it up on the fly is what I do. I'm surprised they hadn't caught on to that in all these years.

Z

Zill

Being quick on your feet is huge.

Not quite sure. I’ve been in both situations. Teleconference - following a small pop I’m sitting along the back of the room mildly buzzed and minding my own business. All of the sudden it’s gets quiet and you realize you have just been asked a question. I’ve left the audience with mouths open clapping like crazy. And other times while trying to sound knowledgeable after a pop nothing coming out of the mouth is coherent or relevant.

Yup. It’s crap shoot.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Well, it's their money.
My favorite kind of teams meeting 🤣🤣 I’ll sit there for an hour… every day… talk for 2 minutes then sit and browse the farm for the next hour…

Better yet I’m on midnights right now so no meetings at all, and I’ve been browsing the farm for the past 7 and a half hours, only another 4 and a half hours of browsing tonight before I go home haha

Yes I’m on a personal phone and not connected to Wi-Fi lol

Top Bottom