The Cough

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alaskind

alaskind

Methinks we will see more "elite cuts" passed that are just renamed strains that lotsa younger smokers/growers have little experience with... I know that Maple leaf indica from sensi seeds is as tasty as many of the "Kushes" that Ive had. There are a handful of awesome strains that have not seen much action in the hype dept lately. Pot Of Gold is another. Aint this business fun to watch? :D

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So funny the regional names that pop up for plants,We have a NL5xhaze cross here that a buddy has grown for 10 years that is reffered to as ''the cheese'',so stony that for the first half hour even simple tasks are incredibly hard to do.Its the only weed i really buy from anyone,200 a zip-no quantity discounts,its his moneymaker but he will not give up cuts or seeds and its all spoken for even before its done every run.I also beleive northern lights is a factor in alot more than we generally think of.

zeke

zeke

Regional names are great for marketing but suck when you are doing research. In this case I'm stoked to know true origin of this cut and can appreciate the regional name. Colorado has high standards. Putting a known original like this cut to MNS NLhaze, Neville's haze and Mango Haze should definitely result in some very interesting throwback specimens worthy of the effort. Open up that pocket of old school Seed Bank Nevil shizzle.

B

bloodstone

The Cough is pretty common in Portland, OR, it's bread and butter over there. Big yielder, potent, has a large window in which to take it. My friends always took it at 8 to 9 weeks, I preferred it at 11, 12 myself for the quantity. You can find similar plants from Sensi Seeds from seed, although it will be hard to beat the PDX Cough, or Coff, seen it spelt both ways on clones. A long time ago just for shits and giggles, on a trip Amsterdam(circa 2000) I bought 2 packs of Sensi's nl5/haze while still holding the cut of the Cough. I wanted to see if I could find something better than it. The Sensi sales person told me not to buy two packs since it was so stable, and that I should get something else instead. I didn't listen. Had like 8 females all looked pretty similar, very large buds, much bigger than the cough but not anywhere near as dense. All of them except one tasted like the Cough to me, the odd one had a little more NL to it, but none of them could stack up to the density of the pdx cough i had. Could cut diamonds with the cough, lol.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

There has been many discussions about genetic drift In mj and I believe it to be circumstantial. A plant never forgets what was done to it. Compounded stress and pests / disease is what I think the problem often is.
We don't work with the Nap but I know what you are talking about and have friends who keep it around in the high country.

It's called Epigenetics. Even though the gene expression changes, it can be reversed. However, a cut you once knew and grew for years in Colorado, you bring that cut to Cali and some gene expression will be brought on by the change in environment.

zeke

zeke

I first got my Cough cut in Ptown in 99' or so. I lived there for ten years. Portland has the best weed from Seattle and San Fran plus a bit more. Way too high of taxes and electricity for this poverty stricken scum. I'm sure Sensi Seed's IBl Nl5haze has changed a bit for the worse. That company must have a chicken shitting on a grid carnival style for a selection process. Totally random and certainly not focused on quality. I used to grow my cough outside in Portland. That large harvest window is great for getting through the first rains and cold snap of early October. I'd bring in the cough late October and it would be mold free and resinous as a mofo.

Top Bottom