THE CROSS - which strain would you choose and why?

• Thread starter m0lecule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m0lecule

Hello there peoples!

I am planning a little personal pollen flippin’ project to create a unique cross for my own medical use. I basically have 2 decisions to make: 1) which 2 plants to use, and 2) which male / female combo.

I just picked up the Shantibaba’s Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk on the bay (can’t believe this gem is still available!!), and want to make some F2’s of that for sure. So that is Plant 1. For Plant 2, I am considering just one of the following:

• Blueberry (DJ Short)
  • Chemdog Double D (Rez)
  • Deep Purple (TGA)
  • G13 Diesel (Head)
  • Motivation (Sensi Star x Warlock) (Magus)
  • Bubble Dust (GrowDoc)
  • SFV OG BX2 (Swerve)
I am looking to create an interesting, long lasting, relaxing evening smoke, more indica than sativa, but don’t want to get stupid and go down for the count. So effect is top concern. Interesting gentic mix for the future is important too. I love the resin (who doesn’t?!?), but am unfortunately “taste blind” – can’t ever taste much.

I can make Mango F2’s on one branch, and the cross on another branch (do this all the time), if you all think that a particular strain’s spunk should be used instead of the Mango pollen on the other female. I will send some of these in as freebies as well.

This is the shit I think about ALL THE TIME! Every night before sleep I make crosses in my head and grow them.

What do you guys think and why?

K

kill-9

What's the genetics of bubble dust? Id go with it.... the rest on your list are very common. That's my opinion, simple and sweet.

M

m0lecule

Nice. I have decided on that one several times. :rauch08:Simple and sweet is sometimes a good thing eh? I often over-think shit, and love a reply like this as a reminder.

It is original Bubblegum x something called AngelDust - all i know about that is that it is claimed to be "medical" which i take to mean indy and frosty.

Here is a pic and description:

Bd

"Odor: To me it smelled like bubblegum when growing and in flower. Odor when smoking it smells like a black sabbath concert when i was a young buck going to concerts. Very danky i love it. [ 8.5 ]

Taste: Now it to me taste like spicy bubblegum if you will. but sweet and it leaves the taste on your lips for a bit. so i find myself lip smacking quite abit. [ 8.5 ]

High: It smacked me right in the forehead at first and quickly i might add. Then it taveled down into my body and relaxed me something nice.. I let it go over in 12/12 by a week so to give it some couchiness. I think i took her just at the right time smoke half a joint and im great. the whole thing im a numb couch holder upper. nighty night. so for the high i will go [ 9.0 ] i love it and will grow it again."

And this one is hilarious - I love this guy! "Makes ya the man"!

"BubbleDust is medicinal for sure. Cant stop coughing. I usually dont cough unless its potent or really harsh. Sweety again. Not feeling paranoid, feeling really cool and laided back. I now have supersonic hearing. Every note is coming in clear and sounds like the perfect melody. Very smooth hit for a quick 5 day dry and no cure. My joints feel nice. NOt pain. Makes ya the man. Like super confident. Im feelin those vides the radio is blastin. Great stuff for kickin back and chillin, listening to the tones for a good while. Feel the bass."

Would you use a BubbleDust mom or dad in the cross?

K

kill-9

Well it seems pretty awesome. I'm all about effects really. I don't care much for taste since Im gonna chomp down a candy bar right after anyway. My second choice from your list would be the Motavation, Warlock has quite a reputation.

I've only read up on breeding but I would cross them both ways and see which is better. But I don't know if you have the time or room for that, so the magic eight ball in my head says to use the Mango Haze x Skunk as the father.

G

GunnarGuchi

preferably you would cross 2 ibls to have an as stable f1 cross as possible
but thats not always a possibity of you want certain things from a cross

my very high on the list cross would be

Nepalese Jam from Ace crossed with Endless Sky from Dr Greenthumb
it would be a 50/50 sativa/indica cross
a pure sativa to a pure indica but the parents are not ibl's

i would choose NJ as the sativa because its high yeilding, potent and fast flowering for a pure sativa
Endless Sky for the indica part because its told to be very potent and have a high yeild

then you can select further from the outcome if you want high yield, kick ass potency, sativa behavior or a more indica leaning pheno to work with in the future
whether your looking for breeder material or just a mother plant for some kick ass commercial clone

also Blue berry would be a good choose for a partner in a cross
its told to be ibl but ive seen some different phenoes in them still
some of them lloks very deform at growth but they all turned normal later on
when i grew BB i noticed soem variation in flowers also

the most sticky one was covered in resin all over but she was also the least smelly one
the most smelly one was kinda average in resin cover
unfortunately ive lost the most sticky pheno as a mother :( but i still got some seeds ill grow out later and find some great phenoes for breeding and mother plants

would like to make my own version some day of Blue Cheese as i have the exodus cheese clone also
might call it Cheese Berry instead ;)

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
i mate ,imho , i to create some thing new from your stock i would cross 2 plants that are the opposite of each other in as many ways as poss , the reason for this is , you get clear and more pronounced expressions of the genes , some genes will really stand out this way , where as if you crossed a chem with a widow say you will have bland ones chem ones and widow ones , or a weaker combination of all three ,

i know you said you want a more indica dom , but if you cross your most sativa say a light coloured one with your darkest most indica , you will get some thing spesh .
the traits you want will be more evident to spot this way , you will have phenos that are a mix of both , and some that lean to indica and some sativa , but you will probably get a great indica stone with some sativa flavours ,

the cross should have a genetic boost this way , adding a bit of vigour , compared to the parents , or compared to making a indica indica cross ...

good luck , hope nthis helps m8e

M

m0lecule

Thanks guys. Awesome advice Sonic. I do have some nice sativas - Destroyer, Kali Mist, Vortex, etc and I see what you mean about the hybrid vigor of crossing 2 plants from the ends of the spectrum rather than 2 similar kinds. Got that Nep/Jam too GG.

I also have several of those Cannacopia Deep Chunk crosses to play with, but I must grow the Mango Haze x Af/Sk first! This may actually be very close to what I am looking for... ahhh too many choices for this seed addict.

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
Thanks guys. Awesome advice Sonic. I do have some nice sativas - Destroyer, Kali Mist, Vortex, etc and I see what you mean about the hybrid vigor of crossing 2 plants from the ends of the spectrum rather than 2 similar kinds. Got that Nep/Jam too GG.

I also have several of those Cannacopia Deep Chunk crosses to play with, but I must grow the Mango Haze x Af/Sk first! This may actually be very close to what I am looking for... ahhh too many choices for this seed addict.

sounds like its gonna be fun , what ever you use mate ,
and you got a fare few to choose from , good luck bro

Top Bottom