The Cup Grow Off Official Banter Thread

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grohio

grohio

I use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 1:10 with RO water for a disinfectant rinse. But I've been trying to pop improperly stored 30 year old plus seeds. So far I'm only getting tap roots and then they dud out.
For new seeds I just soak them in water and into a paper towel.

Peace

Try needlenose pliers, Ive had seeds sit for a week and not pop and then crack them open with the pliers and they grow out.
Thanks for the tips guys. Hey @DrMcSkunkins does started on march 15th mean u can put it in a paper towell to start germinationon the 15th or i can transfer a seed with tap root from the towell to my solo cup. Or do I have to start germination in the cup on the 15th.

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Well I hope everyone the best! I'm gonna pull out the contest... After much thought just to many things going on to grow a novelty item... I'm trying to flower out everything and shut the room down for summer vacation since my kid will be all summer... So good luck to all and the success of this has all ready been shown by the sheer volume of ppl! Never did I think that a solo cup would unite the country :)
My LDS-25 auto will be in your honor sir. hahahaha solo's bring the people together far and wide!

hahaha dude @Orcaman you are not messing around!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Also, can you borrow people's ideas? Steal, whatever you wanna call it. Am I gonna be looked at funny if I copy @Orcaman lol
Using the same growing concept is not stealing. I find it very cool that some of you like my idea and are thinking about it in your own eyes. I'm really loving the competitive emotion in this before it has even started. Better then the POTM contest in my eyes! :)

jipp

jipp

im gonna start 2 stargate OG on the 15th, 50/50 chance of a female and can get a clone off the star-gate hopefully and let them do whatever in the corners. heh.. but i wont be joining officially. next time tho for sure.

chris.

incogneato

incogneato

Have you tried the 0.6l airpot with Coco? I was not a fan. Gonna need to put a screen at the bottom
Haven't done air pots, I'm in 3 gal fabric pots and 1 gal hard pots
Yea abracadabara yur stoned! Lol
Hahaha, now that's my kind of magic lol
Using the same growing concept is not stealing. I find it very cool that some of you like my idea and are thinking about it in your own eyes. I'm really loving the competitive emotion in this before it has even started. Better then the POTM contest in my eyes! :)
Its a great idea! I agree it has a fun competitive vibe! I don't think it's better than the potm contest just a little more competitive.
What is the objective @DrMcSkunkins ? Highest yeild, biggest plant etc?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
So if the date will be the 15th, doe this mean seeds begin germinating on the 15th. I would hope as we get closer @DrMcSkunkins will post a clear and concise list of do's n don'ts so we are all clear and on same page with rules and such. Not tryin to be anal but we had to pull in the big fish @Orcaman to bring the asylum under control in the POTM thread. Peeps for some reason dont like to read rules. :D "And the sign said No long haired freaky people need apply, so I tucked my hair up under my hat and went in to ask him why". LOL
Im trying to be as laid back as possible on this one, if anyone has any better suggestions on rules by all means chime in and I will ammend the rules.

grohio

grohio

I think we should be able to pop the beans in a towel prior to the 15th and then put them in soil on the 15th. Just so nobody loses time due to a dud seed. Idk though. Its your contest. Maybe some will see that as cheating. How ever it ends up i am definately in and very excited.

Top Bottom