The Dank's Bloom Room

• Thread starter Thedank23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedank23

Thedank23

Hey everybody!

I've been planning for this a long time, and happened to land in the right place at the right time to do somethin about it. Started off with a little tent last year, and with a little help from friend and loosely partnering up, I'm here. While I'm no expert, I think I've built this room pretty well within the confines of what I can do. By all means though, if you see something or have suggestions PLEASE say something, I'm all ears! :)

Here's a little rundown of my room to give you a better idea of what I'm workin with.

Lights/Electrical

- 5 Parabolic "umbrella" reflectors
- 5 1000w magnetic ballast
- 5 Hortilux 1k bulbs
- 2 MH 1k bulbs (Veg)
- Plug and Play 8 outlet flipbox
(All lights are on dedicated 50amp line)

Climate Control

- 3 Wall mount fans 3-speed
- 8" Inline fan 720 cfm (Intake) W/ carbon filter
- 10" Q-max fan 3-stage (exhaust)
- Can 150 (hooked up to exhaust)
- Purified Humidifier for veg
- Space heater

Medium

- 65% FFOF / ~35% Perlite
- Rooters Myco (Earth juice)
- 2 gallon smart pots (veg)
- 7 gallon smart pots (flower)

Nutrients/Additives/Extras

- AN 3-part Jungle juice base
- GH Rapidstart
- AN Ancient earth
- AN Piranha
- AN Big Bud
- EJ hi-brix molasses
(Extras not used unless noted)
- AN Overdrive
- AN Bud Candy

Here's a pic before the panda wall went up, there's 3" thick rigid insulation boards sealed up into a wooden frame on that back wall keeping the room sealed and insulated from the cold outside. Also muffles any fan sounds, its virtually silent outside unless you put your ear up against it haha.
Image 65

Transplanted all the girls last night, these are all clones from Gorilla glue #4 S1 seed. I gifted a buddy thats much better at this than me some to start a while back to help me with clean clones since I don't have a veg/mother room yet, and just cause he's a good dude. He did a great job, all rooted in ~5 days, 100% success rate.

I'll be running 2 phenos this round from our 4 mothers, numbers 1 and 4, these two were the standouts in veg. Pheno 1 is stretchy with longer internodal spacing growing tall and wide, stem rubs give off darker chemmy notes. Pheno 4 is stacked tighter, slightly broader leaves reminding me theres BOG genetics in here, giving off spicy sweet smell with something sour in there. Very happy to have some stinkers in veg, even little clones! 4 is up from with tape on pots, 1 is in the back.

Image 66

Temps have been holding at 79F with 55% humidity during the day time and I let em creep down to 75F and 45-48% humidity at night. I love this new humidifier I bought, keeps the room perfect!

Last edited:
WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Looks like a nice clean start. Excited to see what comes of theses seeds, I have 5 gorilla glue #4 s1 seeds going as well.

Thedank23

Thedank23

Very nice lab ! Good luck and hope for the best !

Thanks buddy!

Looks like a nice clean start. Excited to see what comes of theses seeds, I have 5 gorilla glue #4 s1 seeds going as well.

You should have seen my cleaning procedure, if there was anything living in there (bugs, mold, nasty bacteria) it is LONG dead, and the room was empty for 2 weeks while I watched and waited for even the tiniest of movements..... Nothin. I've stepped up my room to hospital clean. I saw those, might I ask where those S1s are from? Thanks for stoppin in!

Ordered me some caps bennies last night @Capulator , I'm really excited to try this stuff out after hearing nothing but great things about it. Just got the 4 0z. Root and the Nute pack, I'd love to have all 3 but I was a little short on cash. Big, healthy root systems are something I've lacked in my previous grows, my guess is all thats about to change. :D

Last edited:
WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Thanks buddy!

You should have seen my cleaning procedure, if there was anything living in there (bugs, mold, nasty bacteria) it is LONG dead, and the room was empty for 2 weeks while I watched and waited for even the tiniest of movements..... Nothin. I've stepped up my room to hospital clean. I saw those, might I ask where those S1s are from? Thanks for stoppin in!

Ordered me some caps bennies last night @Capulator , I'm really excited to try this stuff out after hearing nothing but great things about it. Just got the 4 0z. Root and the Nute pack, I'd love to have all 3 but I was a little short on cash. Big, healthy root systems are something I've lacked in my previous grows, my guess is all thats about to change. :D

Nice man, thats the only way to do it really. Bug problems are no fun. The Gorilla Glue S1's were gifted to me by a friend with no story, I'll try to do some digging and get back to you. They are extremely vigorous and love to shoot branches kind of sideways so far for me.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Nice man, thats the only way to do it really. Bug problems are no fun. The Gorilla Glue S1's were gifted to me by a friend with no story, I'll try to do some digging and get back to you. They are extremely vigorous and love to shoot branches kind of sideways so far for me.

The Gorilla Glue S1's come from Unknown Prophet I'm told

Thedank23

Thedank23

The Gorilla Glue S1's come from Unknown Prophet I'm told

Very nice, I was lucky enough to grab a pack at the cup from UP with over 30 beans in there. I had a GG#4 s1 mother that stunk like crazy chem/diesel/mocha in veg, but my partner lost it, along with some other great genetics, to dreaded Russet /broad/cylamen mites before I had a chance to clone, hence the clean start. UP's S1s have been extremely vigorous, although I have heard of hermie issues from flowering the seeds indoors. If your not already planning this, I would keep the seed starts as moms, take clones and then flower those out.

He wouldn't listen to me to just chop everything, give it the proper cleaning it needed, and nuke it after that. Needless to say, I think he's learned his lesson, he lost almost all of his crop except for the very tops.... Of which I can almost guarantee that they will smoke like crap. Oh well, his harvest not mine, and my spots on quarantine, so no buggies here... I only go in the room after showering and fresh clean clothes on, I even have shoes just for the room.... maybe I'm crazy haha. Anyways these came from another room and are completely clean, starting to realize having a partner might not be the greatest thing, if your not on the same page.

Dunge

Dunge

Nice nice nice.
Two things I'd like to see.
Try some with less perlite addition and run a few to harvest in 3 gallon pots.
I predict both of these actions will improve production, or at least not hurt, and 3 gallons are much easier to move about.
Is this an outdoor insulated box or a basement corner?

Thedank23

Thedank23

Nice nice nice.
Two things I'd like to see.
Try some with less perlite addition and run a few to harvest in 3 gallon pots.
I predict both of these actions will improve production, or at least not hurt, and 3 gallons are much easier to move about.
Is this an outdoor insulated box or a basement corner?

Hey Dunge thanks for the suggestions! I'm just using the perlite as a mulch layer to help keep the topsoil from fully drying out, my soil mix is ~70% FFOF and ~30% perlite added. You think thats too much? Also these were transplanted into small pots to give the roots a chance, rather than going from rockwool cube to 2 gal. I don't really care how easy they are to move about, I have 10 ft ceilings in there so these will be vegging for a while. :D

Its an entire garage, connected to house, I would hate to have to walk outside just after I put on clean clothes to enter the room. ;)

looks promising, should be a good one

Thanks bud, I sure hope so!

Dunge

Dunge

Hey Dunge thanks for the suggestions! I'm just using the perlite as a mulch layer to help keep the topsoil from fully drying out, my soil mix is ~70% FFOF and ~30% perlite added. You think thats too much? Also these were transplanted into small pots to give the roots a chance, rather than going from rockwool cube to 2 gal. I don't really care how easy they are to move about, I have 10 ft ceilings in there so these will be vegging for a while. :D
I was just excited about this thread and thought to encourage you to experiment.
My room suffers from being too small to subtract out confounding factors, like equality in lighting, which I'm sure we've all seen significantly influence production.
Not to mention trimming and training variations from plant to plant.
A few years of experience, and just starting to learn how little I understand.

As to the Perlite, I'm confused about its role in a formulation. "Opening up" the soil to drain and breath, microbe housing, or mulch?
How much is too much.
I'm presently leaning toward 10% to 15%, and FFOF has a share already if memory serves.
But I'm aiming for a super soil with tea only additions through harvest, so my ideal will probably vary from yours.

10 foot ceilings. I feel faint.
Can I double subscribe to a thread?

Thedank23

Thedank23

This is awesome! Love when a good thing comes together

Me too sensi! Setting up a tent with a cooltube was one thing, but building this was a serious head-scratcher trying to figure out how to cool 5 non air cooled lights without option of installing a mini split, windowbanger, etc.

Last run I was easily able to keep 3 lights at 72F the last two weeks of flowering after i setup my intake properly. The rest of the time I was just circulating air from there to my house and back into there.... house got up to 85 in the summer at night, hit 90 a few times in the room, not a good time. So after I finally figured out how to pull air from outside, a cool 50-somethin in the summer, 30 and below in the winter, the temps became manageable.

I was just excited about this thread and thought to encourage you to experiment.
My room suffers from being too small to subtract out confounding factors, like equality in lighting, which I'm sure we've all seen significantly influence production.
Not to mention trimming and training variations from plant to plant.
A few years of experience, and just starting to learn how little I understand.

As to the Perlite, I'm confused about its role in a formulation. "Opening up" the soil to drain and breath, microbe housing, or mulch?
How much is too much.
I'm presently leaning toward 10% to 15%, and FFOF has a share already if memory serves.
But I'm aiming for a super soil with tea only additions through harvest, so my ideal will probably vary from yours.

10 foot ceilings. I feel faint.
Can I double subscribe to a thread?

Bummer about your room being too small, thats how I felt with tents. Just too constrictive for flowering at least. Hopefully some good karma will catch up with you soon and you'll get a shot to go bigger... if thats what you want.

Honestly, and I hope it's not too obvious, but I'm flyin by the seat of my pants over here, so excuse my not wanting to experiment this round. I'm just going by what I've seen and what little experience I've had. This one broke the bank on my part, so once I get (what I consider) a solid round or two under my belt, I'll be tweaking and trying all kinds of new things :D I'd really like to go organic, but I don't have the knowledge, $, or most importantly experience to do so at the moment.

More on the perlite, there really isn't as much on top as you may think ;) just barely enough to cover the soil. My idea behind adding more to the medium, in this stage at least, is that it will act more like coco. I get drainage very easily, which means the roots have lots of space to move, with the added benefits of soil. Therefore, with all that extra drainage and more breathability, the soil will dry out faster, hence perlite mulching. Maybe I'm way off... but worked excellent when I popped seeds.

Heheh I signed the papers immediately after I saw this room.

Girls are chuggin along

Image 67

Thedank23

Thedank23

Not many folks can run 5k in lights without a/c. You have an awesome setup.I can't wait to see your first run in here

Hopefully I'm one of those folks! :)

Girls got first hit of Caps bennies, I mixed up ~ a gallon of distilled water with a teaspoon each of Nute & Root pack, along with a little bit of Hi brix and bubbled for a few hours. I noticed some blue tints showing up on Pheno #1 leaves.... They are super healthy, only thing I can think of that I may have done is low temps but its been 80-81 lights on (Co2) and 75-76 at lights off consistently. Maybe some recessive trait coming out of these S1s? Idk, I'm no expert, all I know is when I brush a leaf or move the #1s at all I get hit with a waft of good ol' undeniable skunky skunk. Maybe someones got some hideas?

Image 69

I'll try to steer away from too many veg pics, but this one was pretty cool :D

Thedank23

Thedank23

Well here's a little veg update, all the girls got new shoes, 2 gal smart pots... except a straggler she doesn't seem to want to do much. Tossin in another bulb spacing these girls out, giving them their own saucers, and firing up 2k tomorrow. Temps are getting down to just 73-74F lately with 1 light and no exhaust, gotta go refill my tanks anyways at least I'm not wasting co2. I'd rather not use the space heater cause it drops the RH too much, causing the humidifier to run nonstop.

Image1

Found out the stalks and branches are hollow on the taller #1 pheno in the back while I was playing with some different training methods. Haven't come across this in a long time, not since I smoked some supposed Maui Wowee with a buddy growing up. I've tried to do some research on this but answers are all over the map, best I can take from all of it is its a trait caused by fast growth/plant efficiency? Idk i hope someone whose seen a lot of this step in and lemme know whats good, please! Anyone seen this on the original GG#4? Any of its parents?

Having a hard time trying to decide whether to tomato cage these girls up or start building 4x4 pvc scrog nets.... I mean really hard time. :confused: Maybe I'll do both with each pheno and see what comes out better? Please someone feel free to drop some knowledge on my head

Thedank23

Thedank23

Time for an update! Girls are veggin under 2k

Image1 3

As you can see, the #1 pheno (left) is raging, #4s are a bit slower but stacked tighter and bushier.

Heres the #1 side, these girls seem to be wanting something, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Had some minor calmag def which I'm pretty sure was cause by the soil being slightly acidic. They got fed some tea (3/4 gallon h20, 1 tsp Root pack, 20 ml Molasses, Some EWC, pinch of alfalfa meal) bubbled for 24 hours @73-75F, got a nice foam on top, smelled rich. Strained through paintstrainer into 3 gallons, came out to 7.0ph.

That seemed to correct the calmag some, but still showing light signs of it (didn't mix any dolomite in with soil) and looking N hungry, so I'm gonna add some CaMg+ and bump up this next feed tonight to 400-450 ppms and see if that helps at all. Hopefully I'm goin in the right direction with this, girls are growing FAST and look hungry

Image2

And the #4 side, these girls were about to be watered

Image3

Thedank23

Thedank23

Few more, I tried topping these girls early to see what would happen and I'm happy with the results of #4s a bit more than #1s.

#1 topped early From 1 to 3
Image1 4

#4s topped early from 1 to 5
Image2 1

I think i've found my mother of #4......

If anyone sees some defs or has some advice, I'm all ears! I hate deficiencies, just wanna give the girls everything they need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom