The Ddebrazza Indoor Grow Log---- Starting Grow #2

• Thread starter Ddebrazza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

First I would like to start by thanking the community for providing a wealth of information and helping me get through my first indoor grow "successfully." My first indoor grow was completed in a 3x3 Hydrofarm Indoor Grow Tent with a 315w CMH and provided a net weight of 173 grams or roughly 6oz of lovely Black Mamba from 4 plants.

I will begin logging my grows from now on in order to learn more and get better at specific techniques. I also feel like it is a good way to give back to the community that gave information to me so freely.

For this grow, I will be using an 8x4 Indoor Grow Tent from Opulent Systems. Purchased on Amazon for roughly 200$. Hopefully it is not too flimsy or have any other hallmarks of cheap manufacturing like zipper malfunctions.

Lighting, I will be using the 315w CMH for half of the tent (4) plants and a SF4000, 420W LED for the other half (6) plants. For a total of 10 plants.

Exhaust/Air Flow/ Temperature Control, I have one of the AC Infinity 6'' Fans with the adjustable speed controller, I will purchase and add several oscillating fans for inside the tent, and then I have a 12-15k BTU Toshiba Portable AC with several setting modes (used this for my previous grow with much success).

I will be using FFOF Soil, with FF nutrients. I plan to keep my nutrients very simple. CaMg and then either the Grow or the Bloom. That is all for now unless the ladies demand something more as we get going.

I live in Arizona, which has horrific water quality so I will be using RO water. I will have to start the grow with 5-gal drums of RO filled up every couple days at my local water station (my apartment complex has one I believe) with the plan to add an RO system under the sink in the spare bathroom.

For strains, I will be doing Gorilla Glue and Bruce Banner #3, I stuck with buying Feminized Photo-Periods for now. Not ready to see balls yet.

I do NOT plan on adding CO2 currently. One good thing about Arizona is the dry climate which keeps humidity inside my house at between 10-15% usually. Last grow I added a small humidifier during Veg, and did NOT need a Dehumidifier at all during Flowering. The plan this time is to shop around a bit and try to find a decent sized Humidifier/Dehumidifier combo just in case I do end up needing a dehumidifier this time given the increased number of plants. If not I will definitely grab a larger sized humidifier to help during Veg.

I hope the experts out there read this and feel like I have a solid game-plan for this 2nd Grow. If you see any issues or reasons for alarm, please speak up.

Pictures of the setup will be coming soon. It is my goal to have everything ready to go by the end of next weekend. I just finished unpacking the moving truck today and getting the weed tent setup and rolling isnt quite the #1 priority for wifey. I will also be starting a YouTube channel as well as be doing some videos including an Unboxing/ Grow Tent Setup video for the 8x4 Opulent Systems Grow Tent. Other Videos will likely be just weekly updates and videos on different techniques. My channel will be the same name as I use here on THC Farmer.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

TentShell
TentShell2

Got the Tent up today, went up very easily and I am very impressed with the overall quality. I would definitely recommend Opulent Systems as a quality Grow Tent. Nice and thick material and the zippers are nice and smooth.

Next Step will be to mount the AC Infinity Exhaust System + Filter and set-up the Toshiba Portable AC for Temp Control. A fun day of ducting and duct-taping.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

InsideView1
LightsOn1
WindowView
TempControl

Well, my setup is mostly complete. I just need to add a nice Oscillating Fan and a Humidifier.

I started soaking the seeds tonight and will plant them tomorrow afternoon before I head into work. Sticking with the same method as Grow #1. Soak for 24-hours and then into Solo Cups containing Jiffy: Natural & Organic Seed Starter. Use a spray bottle to keep the soil moist and cover cups with a plastic baggie to simulate a greenhouse effect.

Question: I have both these lights, the 460W LED and the 315W CMH, which would be better for sprouting/seedlings? I am currently leaning towards the 460W LED as it has a larger light coverage area (4x4, 5x5) vs. 315W CMH. CMH or LED?

Once the plants get sprouted I will be running 4 plants under the 315W CMH and 6 under the 460W LED, sound solid?

Currently in the market and reaching Reverse Osmosis Systems that fit under the sink. It's going to be a bit of an expense but will hopefully make my life much much easier.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

20210808 211244 HDR

Got the seeds into some Jiffy today. Let the Grow Begin

08/08/2021- @1pm 6 Gorilla Glue and 6 Bruce Banner planted.
7pm-1pm Light Cycle (Starting the 18/6 now)

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Thank you! I have a lots of research and learning still to do but at least have a little confidence having 1 "successful," grow under my belt.

QUESTION: When is the best time to "Top," a plant?

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

I will do some independent research, I am looking for a very specific answer.

The seeds are started! Im excited for the experience and knowledge that I will be able to gain from a 2nd Grow. Lots of room for improvement.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

I used General Organics nutrients for my First Grow and was very very disappointed. I did switch to Fox Farm's Tiger Bloom in Week 4 of Flower and manage to get my ladies looking healthy for harvest but I know my yields certainly suffered from Phosphorous deficiency among other n00b mistakes.

For this Grow, I was researching and looking at Technaflora Nutrients. Has anyone used them? They have a simple 2 part system. B.C Bloom and B.C Grow, with B.C Boost which apparently you run in addition to the Grow or Bloom. I have a gallon of General Hydroponics CaMg+ so I do plan on using that as my source of Cal + Mag.

Nutrients, I want to keep simple as I am still very much a dumb ape and not ready to start playing with a bunch of different nutrients and supplements.

I think I am going to do a little experiment where half the plants will be SCROG'd with a Home-made Trellis Net and the other half will be secured using Bamboo Stakes. I switched to Bamboo Stakes halfway through Flowering in my 1st Grow and was very happy with the decision. It made caring for the plants much easier as I had 4 plants crammed into a 3x3 Tent. Hopefully having 10 in an 8x4 will allow for a bit more room to get to the plants to water, trim and grow larger (using 5gal pots instead of 3.6gal)

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Daddy is getting a little nervous.

It is Day 4 and no growths. Hopefully the next 24-48 hours yield some results.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Heat helps, turn off your exhaust for now. And, I always top at the 4th intersection of growth.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

This grow is either going to be a complete dud or I just have some slow starting seeds......

Day 5 and only 1 has popped through the soil. I contacted the seed company and they are at least going to send me replacements which is super cool of them.

QUESTION: When using a Seed Starter that contains coir, peat moss, etc, do you want to pre-soak/hydrate your soil? I feel like this is where I could be running into some issues. Underwatering. Thinking with the replacement seeds I may switch up and try the "paper towel" method.

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Well, after all that. The 2nd grow as a complete failure.

Only 4 of the 12 seeds sprouted and 2 are in very rough shape.

I think my issue was under-watering. That Jiffy Seed Starter is very very good at moisture control and since I was watering from a spray bottle I feel like only the top 1/8th inch was actually getting wet.

The only other thing I changed from my first grow was the light. I am now using a 460W LED vs. 315W CMH.... Should the LED be dimmed or is it fine on "100"? It is positioned 24'' above the soil

I have a fresh batch of seeds on the way so I will give this another Go. This time I plan on hydrating my Jiffy: Seed Starter before adding in my seeds. Making sure it is evenly moist throughout and not relying solely on the spray bottle.

Any other tips for a successful germination? It is a humbling step back haha. Have this fancy system and thinking about how to install my R.O System but cant even successfully germinate my seeds lol

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

I did a bit more researching and reading and it sounds like I cooked the poor seeds as well.

I downloaded the Light Meter for Android and was registering over 60,000k LUX at 100% at 24''.... Poor Seeds!!! Next batch of seeds I will dial the light back to closer to 20%, 10k Lux.

growsince79

growsince79

I did a bit more researching and reading and it sounds like I cooked the poor seeds as well.

I downloaded the Light Meter for Android and was registering over 60,000k LUX at 100% at 24''.... Poor Seeds!!! Next batch of seeds I will dial the light back to closer to 20%, 10k Lux.
Paper towels and florescent light for the win.

Jbirdie

Jbirdie

With jiffy it is best to soak it in water first then plant your seed. That way you are able to just spray bottle still but the the jiffys been soaked and won't need to worry as much
This grow is either going to be a complete dud or I just have some slow starting seeds......

Day 5 and only 1 has popped through the soil. I contacted the seed company and they are at least going to send me replacements which is super cool of them.

QUESTION: When using a Seed Starter that contains coir, peat moss, etc, do you want to pre-soak/hydrate your soil? I feel like this is where I could be running into some issues. Underwatering. Thinking with the replacement seeds I may switch up and try the "paper towel" method.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

First I would like to start by thanking the community for providing a wealth of information and helping me get through my first indoor grow "successfully." My first indoor grow was completed in a 3x3 Hydrofarm Indoor Grow Tent with a 315w CMH and provided a net weight of 173 grams or roughly 6oz of lovely Black Mamba from 4 plants.

I will begin logging my grows from now on in order to learn more and get better at specific techniques. I also feel like it is a good way to give back to the community that gave information to me so freely.

For this grow, I will be using an 8x4 Indoor Grow Tent from Opulent Systems. Purchased on Amazon for roughly 200$. Hopefully it is not too flimsy or have any other hallmarks of cheap manufacturing like zipper malfunctions.

Lighting, I will be using the 315w CMH for half of the tent (4) plants and a SF4000, 420W LED for the other half (6) plants. For a total of 10 plants.

Exhaust/Air Flow/ Temperature Control, I have one of the AC Infinity 6'' Fans with the adjustable speed controller, I will purchase and add several oscillating fans for inside the tent, and then I have a 12-15k BTU Toshiba Portable AC with several setting modes (used this for my previous grow with much success).

I will be using FFOF Soil, with FF nutrients. I plan to keep my nutrients very simple. CaMg and then either the Grow or the Bloom. That is all for now unless the ladies demand something more as we get going.

I live in Arizona, which has horrific water quality so I will be using RO water. I will have to start the grow with 5-gal drums of RO filled up every couple days at my local water station (my apartment complex has one I believe) with the plan to add an RO system under the sink in the spare bathroom.

For strains, I will be doing Gorilla Glue and Bruce Banner #3, I stuck with buying Feminized Photo-Periods for now. Not ready to see balls yet.

I do NOT plan on adding CO2 currently. One good thing about Arizona is the dry climate which keeps humidity inside my house at between 10-15% usually. Last grow I added a small humidifier during Veg, and did NOT need a Dehumidifier at all during Flowering. The plan this time is to shop around a bit and try to find a decent sized Humidifier/Dehumidifier combo just in case I do end up needing a dehumidifier this time given the increased number of plants. If not I will definitely grab a larger sized humidifier to help during Veg.

I hope the experts out there read this and feel like I have a solid game-plan for this 2nd Grow. If you see any issues or reasons for alarm, please speak up.

Pictures of the setup will be coming soon. It is my goal to have everything ready to go by the end of next weekend. I just finished unpacking the moving truck today and getting the weed tent setup and rolling isnt quite the #1 priority for wifey. I will also be starting a YouTube channel as well as be doing some videos including an Unboxing/ Grow Tent Setup video for the 8x4 Opulent Systems Grow Tent. Other Videos will likely be just weekly updates and videos on different techniques. My channel will be the same name as I use here on THC Farmer.
Nice man , I'm in Phoenix and I agree the water sucks donkey dick. I grow with it but it's not ideal. I run indicas only lol .

IMG 20210828 154745728
IMG 20210815 230625883
IMG 20210828 152105568
Top Bottom