The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats?

• Thread starter Disambiguator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Disambiguator

Disambiguator

The Dems don't need the votes this election and the Reps have the $$ and don't need the cheap labor.

Reactions: mal
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
is it wrong that ive never registered to vote ,,,and hate politics...i have never felt like any of it made any sense to meo_O

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
classified my ass..thats a fucking secret and you know it...i could go on on

Reactions: mal
Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Our history textbooks, our father's history textbooks and the history that is being taught to our children is, and has always been, fraught w/glaring omissions, bias, inaccuracies and outright lies. What has been glossed over or eliminated is usually more important than the bullshit that's being fed us. Columbus massacred natives. Teddy Roosevelt's human rights track record abroad rival's that of any current day despot. Jefferson held slaves while preaching humanitarianism. Woodrow Wilson's track record in central and So America is absolutely appalling. I, too, could go on. The people are given their heroes and conditioned to an idyllic notion of patriotism and the young, who for the most part are from the ranks of the underprivileged and disadvantaged are wound up, filled w/ piss and vinegar and then sent off to kill the enemy of the advantaged and support the business of the privileged and wealthy who are behind the scenes finessing the whole affair to their personal advantage.

We're born into the matrix, the World Bank and like minded organizations provide the clout and the corporations are the machines that run the show. Underneath the fireworks, the flag waving and all of the pomp and circumstance lies the real world.

K

kolah

I could add more but why? The awakened are awake and the sheeple will sleep..but yes, this sums it up precisely:

Our history textbooks, our father's history textbooks and the history that is being taught to our children is, and has always been, fraught w/glaring omissions, bias, inaccuracies and outright lies. What has been glossed over or eliminated is usually more important than the bullshit that's being fed us. Columbus massacred natives. Teddy Roosevelt's human rights track record abroad rival's that of any current day despot. Jefferson held slaves while preaching humanitarianism. Woodrow Wilson's track record in central and So America is absolutely appalling. I, too, could go on. The people are given their heroes and conditioned to an idyllic notion of patriotism and the young, who for the most part are from the ranks of the underprivileged and disadvantaged are wound up, filled w/ piss and vinegar and then sent off to kill the enemy of the advantaged and support the business of the privileged and wealthy who are behind the scenes finessing the whole affair to their personal advantage.

We're born into the matrix, the World Bank and like minded organizations provide the clout and the corporations are the machines that run the show. Underneath the fireworks, the flag waving and all of the pomp and circumstance lies the real world.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Cort

Cort

Maybe if it was an honest study or an honest report there might have been more response. Everyone who gets news from just once source is myopic, not just fox viewers. CNN, MSN, THC Farmer all have different points they focus on, while leaving others in the dark.

To pick out that the guys who get all there medical news at THC Farmer dont know anything about the latest C-section technique is dishonest IMHO.

And I also blame people for being stupid, not just fox viewers. Those who "dont watch any news" probably get news from the internet, a much more diverse place.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

You're saying that the Fairleigh Dickinson University study was dishonest? On what grounds? There was no bias. The vast majority of the news that filters down to us has the same problem. Fox News just gets top honors in this study. We live in a dumbed down world. Did you take the time to read the entire study and give it some thought? I didn't. LOL ;-)

Cort

Cort

An honest report would have tested a variety of topics and a variety of news sources as options.
IE: CNN watchers knew more about international issue, but less about xxx item
MSNBC watchers knew more about the finance markets, but less about xxx item
Fox watchers knew more about xxx item but less about international...
Those who get news from the internet knew....
Those who watch a mix of programs and read news on the internet knew....
See how an honest study about news sources would work?

When you single out a single item from a study and focus on that, it becomes dishonest. If it is the study itself, or how this was reported, I care not. I spent enough time on it already. I generally disregard one sided hit pieces. No matter what direction they slant.

Cort

Cort

Not saying the study dont deserve discussion, just that I dont waste my time discussing hit pieces in the media. Regardless of the target. Everyone has an agenda, more often than not the media seems to play a game of 3 card monte with the truth. Its more about entertainment than news.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Entertainment attracts audiences. Audiences attract corporate advertisers and sponsors. Consumers buy. It's a win-win-win.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

The people, ie the 99%, would be well advised to step outside of their conservatism and liberalism, outside of their party lines and look at the big picture. Two sides perpetually facing off against each other is what keeps the Masters of War in business.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Fair enough. The report doesn't deserve discussion. ;)
How about the lies our teachers told us or the economic hit men (EHMs)?

I read lies my teacher told me when I was 17 or so, maybe a couple years too soon, it made me very angry. I really loved Zinn's People's History of the US as well...

Economic Hit Man is a great book too, fascinating. Did you catch Lords of Poverty by Graham Hancock? Along the same lines.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

My son turned me onto Lies My Teacher Told Me about a decade ago. (I was behind the curve, at the time.) Zinn's Secret History was the follow up to Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. These 3 along w/ Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel were my entry points into the real world and why the matrix is the way it is. Haven't read Lords of Poverty, but since you brought it up, I will.

Top Bottom