The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats?

• Thread starter Disambiguator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Graham Hancock really opened my eyes. Lords of poverty is first book, from there he went on to a more historian role, tracing obscure lines of history over many books with the overall premise that there was an advanced civilization(s) with high technology, several thousand years ago. Fingerprints of the Gods is another I recommend to everyone I meet, also by Hancock, brings together some amazing ideas. I think his strong point is research, amazing stuff...

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

I'll try to keep an open mind but I must tell you frankly, that the idea of an advanced civilization w/ high tech capabilities that was operating on this planet several thousands of years ago leaves me skeptical from the outset.
Do other advanced, intelligent beings exist in the multiverse? I think yes because of the vastness of infinite spacetime. Are they currently amongst us or monitoring us from afar? Possible, but I have no idea about what the odds of that would be. That's a leap of faith question. Did a technologically advanced civilization have a physical presence on earth several thousands of years ago? To formulate a geologic record from existing evidence to support the premise would be a stretch, IMHO.

K

kolah

I often wonder how we have managed to completely fuck up the entire planet in the last 100 years....and everything on it.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I often wonder how we have come to completely fuck up the entire planet in the last 120 years....and everything on it.
imo...obiesity and wellfair ...i say this cause people make kids for tax purposes...and then teach there children the same thing...and not having to work to pay for food...just means eat as much as you can,,cause its free..
i may b wrong...but thats just a small part in my eyes

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

I see our species at a crossroads due to the exponential rate of discovery over the past 100 years. The computer is the most significant invention to effect the course of mankind's journey since the train came onto the scene and has, no doubt, changed our course forever. The crossroads- Star Trek or Blade Runner. Blue skies and shining, happy people, or acid rain and Mad Max. As an individual, I am fully aware that I can only have a very miniscule effect on which road future humankind takes ie the future will be what the collective consciousness makes it. Maybe we are destined to be champions of the universe. Maybe we're a shooting star doomed to oblivion. The Universe just keeps doing it's thing. We're the ones that have to figure out what we're dealing with and how to survive.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I'll try to keep an open mind but I must tell you frankly, that the idea of an advanced civilization w/ high tech capabilities that was operating on this planet several thousands of years ago leaves me skeptical from the outset.
Do other advanced, intelligent beings exist in the multiverse? I think yes because of the vastness of infinite spacetime. Are they currently amongst us or monitoring us from afar? Possible, but I have no idea about what the odds of that would be. That's a leap of faith question. Did a technologically advanced civilization have a physical presence on earth several thousands of years ago? To formulate a geologic record from existing evidence to support the premise would be a stretch, IMHO.

Homie I'd be happy to send you one of the copies of fingerprints I have... It's a paradigm altering book, was for me anyway. One of the main premises of the book concerns the real age of the great pyramid in Egypt, as well as the sphinx, being constructed between 12-13 thousand years ago... And the entire pyramid complex is a drawn to scale map of the sky that shows the time it was created. That's just Egypt- also goes into the dates of some ancient American sites as well. Modern engineers' reports saying no technology today is capable of producing such precision. A lot of amazing evidence presented

K

kolah

and...........staying back on this topic ...if anyone thinks a republican or democrat is going to save us AND this planet they better wake up and smell the coffee. All this silly debating about "shit that don't matter" keeps people farther away from the real truth...thus a REAL solution will never evolve.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

and...........staying back on this topic ...if anyone thinks a republican or democrat is going to save us AND this planet they better wake up and smell the coffee. All this silly debating about "shit that don't matter" keeps people farther away from the real truth...thus a REAL solution will never evolve.
Agree wholeheartedly kolah!

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

It's frustrating as hell, isn't it? If the solution is to evolve, it's going to have to start at the grass roots. The two party system and all of the money, time and resources wasted on extravagant, useless campaigns (that begin surfacing a full 2 years before an election) have has to be gutted and rebuilt. Obama has proven that you can't get it done by working within the confines of the current deal making system. Our legislature is filled w/ lawyers who are, by nature, professional arguers. We need scientists, MD's, writers, philosophers and maybe even an artist or two in congress to bring some balance, breadth and new life to our law making system.

sky high

sky high

Thanks for posting up ideas that could be used/tried as solutions rather than pointing out what we already know is fucked up and going to that "blame" thing, disam...

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

It doesn’t get any more grass roots than right here. If we, the people, are going to unite, we have to learn how to put up w/ each other and make a place for everyone who is disgruntled w/ the current format of our political system and sees the need for change. That’s the guiding theme that unites us and is paramount to the individual.

It’s not about our selves and it’s not about the other guy’s problems because his self is not what it’s about either. We do not have to change who we are and how we go about doing things. We do, however, need to discover ourselves withinin the context of a new collective identity while retaining our individuality. The first step along this road is the acceptance of others. We need to make a place for everyone who sees a problem and is serious about change even if they annoy us.

We need the energy of complainers and bitchers on our front lines just as much as we need our mediators, philosophers, organizers and preachers. We may not like the medicine but we can’t allow our differences in opinion or ways of approaching a subject to be deal breakers. If we can make it past the early perils of being a part of a diverse population, we just might get used to being around each other and get something done.

If we can’t do it at a place that should be among the greenest of the grass roots, than how are the conservatives and liberals, the Republicans and Democrats that comprise the 99% going to fare?

squiggly

squiggly

It doesn’t get any more grass roots than right here. If we, the people, are going to unite, we have to learn how to put up w/ each other and make a place for everyone who is disgruntled w/ the current format of our political system and sees the need for change. That’s the guiding theme that unites us and is paramount to the individual.

I agree.

Check out http://www.americanselect.org/ this is exactly such a place.

Reactions: mal
Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Thanks. This could be good news me and for some of the other ronins floating about in our midst. Will check out.

smokie

smokie

I think that is the whole idea of 2 parties, keep us divided, not united.
Why do you think the Tea party (right) and 99 Percenters (left) got identified with a party so quick, because if those 2 uprisings united then the real ppl in power would loose it.
Keep us arguing over petty shit while they make real moves and we stay still.

squiggly

squiggly

I think that is the whole idea of 2 parties, keep us divided, not united.
Why do you think the Tea party (right) and 99 Percenters (left) got identified with a party so quick, because if those 2 uprisings united then the real ppl in power would loose it.
Keep us arguing over petty shit while they make real moves and we stay still.

It has more to do with the fact that both of those platforms strongly resemble elements from either party.

Tea partiers are essentially republicans who didn't believe the republican party was living up to its obligation to them.

The OWS movement are essentially democrats who felt their concerns weren't being heard and that their party wasn't doing what they should for them.

You probably wouldn't find a single democrat who became a tea partier.

There may be very few republicans who went in to OWS, but I highly doubt this was an appreciable number of people.

They were identified with those parties so quickly because they came directly from those parties--they were essentially subsidiaries of either party. I think you've read way too far into it.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Politics aren’t working for people. This problem must be addressed at the root by fixing the way we elect our leaders. Changing the system by creating the first nonpartisan, national online presidential primary is a daunting task—changing history usually is. Millions of people now support Americans Elect, and we are humbled by that. We are confident that our founding idea can lead to the change Americans are seeking. There is much more to do.
Pretty damn good start. Now to peel the onion.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

I agree w/ both posts (smokie and squiggly) and am missing the finer point of where a difference might lie. What is smokie reading way too far into?

Latest posts

Top Bottom