The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats?

• Thread starter Disambiguator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Beyond it being a good freakin' idea--this website has actually gained some traction (and media attention).

I highly recommend everyone get over there in 2013 and start becoming a part of the new process, rather than languishing in the old one.
I agree that it's a grand idea but you'll have to excuse my skeptical approach when taking my first pass at any group that is new to me. It is a good, freakin' idea, though.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Our history textbooks, our father's history textbooks and the history that is being taught to our children is, and has always been, fraught w/glaring omissions, bias, inaccuracies and outright lies. What has been glossed over or eliminated is usually more important than the bullshit that's being fed us. Columbus massacred natives. Teddy Roosevelt's human rights track record abroad rival's that of any current day despot. Jefferson held slaves while preaching humanitarianism. Woodrow Wilson's track record in central and So America is absolutely appalling. I, too, could go on. The people are given their heroes and conditioned to an idyllic notion of patriotism and the young, who for the most part are from the ranks of the underprivileged and disadvantaged are wound up, filled w/ piss and vinegar and then sent off to kill the enemy of the advantaged and support the business of the privileged and wealthy who are behind the scenes finessing the whole affair to their personal advantage.

We're born into the matrix, the World Bank and like minded organizations provide the clout and the corporations are the machines that run the show. Underneath the fireworks, the flag waving and all of the pomp and circumstance lies the real world.

My father spent twenty years with the State Department. From all he told me, THIS sums up the world as it is today very nicely. Too bad no one has the balls to write a textbook with this in it- we would have an educated populace then, and the jig would be up!

ttystikk

ttystikk

is it wrong that ive never registered to vote ,,,and hate politics...i have never felt like any of it made any sense to meo_O

Your failure to vote or get involved means that you have simply handed your rights of citizenship to someone else to use for their own purposes. In other words, you still voted- You're either a far more trusting soul than I, or just plain benighted.

ttystikk

ttystikk

My son turned me onto Lies My Teacher Told Me about a decade ago. (I was behind the curve, at the time.) Zinn's Secret History was the follow up to Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. These 3 along w/ Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel were my entry points into the real world and why the matrix is the way it is. Haven't read Lords of Poverty, but since you brought it up, I will.

Dr. Diamond's sequel to Guns, Germs and Steel is called Collapse. Read THAT and you will know how this world will end- the only question left is when.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My father spent twenty years with the State Department. From all he told me, THIS sums up the world as it is today very nicely. Too bad no one has the balls to write a textbook with this in it- we would have an educated populace then, and the jig would be up!

I was basically saying the same to my grandmother a couple years ago, and she told me her mother would say the same thing... it's been going on much longer than us here...

If you ask me, well no did, but to me Community is paramount

Self sufficiency seems like a pretty noble goal, and the first step really, then I meet other self sufficient people and pretty quickly a diverse community develops without much need for an international market, much less a government keeping me safe from the dangers of it. Seems easy on a smaller scale... That seems like a revolution of sorts to me, and from there it's about how the government responds. History shows they don't appreciate grassroots communities, especially political ones...I really believe that had the Panthers been allowed to progress naturally, they would have been among the first groups that formed a collective step toward a really beautiful type of American community, for example.

I like to tell people, whenever they complain about the state of things, "the only reason the revolution hasn't happened is because you haven't started it yet" and I feel the same is true directed back at myself. But violent revolution is no answer against the mightiest military on the planet so its all about how you live. The cool kids are all rocking votes...you all pay your taxes no matter what, so your vote doesn't matter because a government runs on money, not votes. Maybe if we nominated our own presidential candidates, then the process alone would take three years...it's no easy answer... run for office...
I'm on the fence, I can't say anything about the party system because I think it's a farce- I think more government can be a good thing, but only if that government is not bought and sold, corporate controlled. That is the very definition of Fascism and it deals with a realm of governance/power that operates above party lines.

A government of the sort needs to be put out of power, and that starts with smaller communities, if those communities are squashed by a government that views them as a threat, on continues the status quo, and eventually that government which has been allowed to grow to the role of the aggressor is overtaken by the next government which has been quietly amassing it's own power in the shadow of the aggressors imperialism. Whether than means the threat of China putting us into economic fire or Chinese bombers in the sky seems to depend how gracefully we (EDIT: our government) give up the idea that we're the center of the world.

I just keep thinking, there is a geographical location that can be associated as the center of any era, it's always evolving through time... seems to me to be that the time of North America (NY - CA - D.C.) being the mecca of the modern cultural world is in it's last days, and another country is going to take the role of leading the direction we take as a planet.

This globalist agenda, again above party lines, seems paramount to many western countries and China, so that is probably the direction we'll continue upon. Seems like the population is of little concern in that regard, they all pay their taxes regardless, and the least educated most diseased reproduce the quickest... So it will be up to grassroots communities based on self sufficiency that keep a way of life going that may be beneficial should this globalist process fail - seems to me we are seeing the symptoms of it already.

wow I just read all that- I smoked too much today already. hahaha

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

The textbook could be written. The problem lies w/ getting it approved by educators who are generations removed and who bought into the lies decades ago. Controversy, according to them, is to be avoided. You don't want to disrupt the population, now, do you? Ironically, history, as it is being/ has been taught is boring to students just because it isn't controversial or relevant enough. Without controversy, it doesn't reflect the real world that the students find themselves in.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The textbook could be written. The problem lies w/ getting it approved by educators who are generations removed and who bought into the lies decades ago. Controversy, according to them, is to be avoided. You don't want to disrupt the population, now, do you? Ironically, history, as it is being/ has been taught is boring to students just because it isn't controversial or relevant enough. Without controversy, it doesn't reflect the real world that the students find themselves in.

History is written by the victors precisely to REMOVE controversy, and therefore to justify their control. Stay informed and share your opinions with those who have a genuine interest in learning... if you can find them.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

I'm hopeful that more than a couple have found each other here, even though I am ripped and have had trouble (3 edits...make that 4) expressing my ideas w/ words and punctuation marks, ATM.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm hopeful that more than a couple have found each other here, even though I am ripped and have had trouble (3 edits...make that 4) expressing my ideas w/ words and punctuation marks, ATM.

lol re. ripped edits, bro- I feel ya!

I know that we are here because of a common interest- and that carries with it a high probability of a similar perspective. In other words, we're all sittin' around preachin' to the choir. The word needs to get out to a larger audience.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Remember, the song isn't named "Why Can't We All Be Friends." All we need is 51% of us to be friends and a level playing field.

4mmjadvocates

4mmjadvocates

Hmmm is this a trick question? Let me guess one has a bigger pile?

4mmjadvocates

4mmjadvocates

Remember, the song isn't named "Why Can't We All Be Friends." All we need is 51% of us to be friends and a level playing field.
I believe it was Jefferson who stated Democracy is basically mob rule, 51% gets to decide what the the 49% do. lol Sadly I wish that was still true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom