The Dreaded Walkthrough

• Thread starter ivyboy1225
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
420circuit

420circuit

And go buy a place. Good luck! Posted that news story because it just came out, didn't mean to bum you out. It is good to be aware of the local environment, you know like attitudes and such, and I can see that the news story reporter is pretty clearly not a fan of the new cannabis laws. The trailer sounds like the best immediate option.

Calixylon

Calixylon

The only unfortunate thing that i can see is that you definetly modified the Garage quite a bit putting up walls and what not, if the landlord stated no construction and thats not torn down they will probably try and evict you for that. Also if its not torn down itll be pretty obvious youve been growing in the garage

A

anti

basterds. id kill that woman for calling the cops on me. i just throw everything in one bedroom and lock it and if they want in there tough shit

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Either a sale or refinance, both require a professional inspection. If the building is damaged you should be ready to relocate. Renting a place out is a small business for most landlords, they cannot afford to have a place get wrecked or have late paying tenants. As long as you pay on time, avoid problems with neighbors and the law and get along ok with the owner/manager it should be fine. But access is an issue, the inspection normally requires a look at every part of the property in order to have an inspection paper for the bank, so you may need to open your storage area. Good luck!

I brought in a couch, pictures, tv, computer, vaccum, bunch of kitchen appliances. I plan on getting a bedframe today and moving a mattress in under the cover of night. None of the rooms are damaged inside - they were all left untouched since move in and vaccummed last night.

I forgot to mention I have a roommate on the lease and his job allots him lots of travel time - which the landlord is aware of. So hopefully that plays in our favor when we say the garage is locked.

Some of the posts above are frightening, but I definitely appreciate the knowledge.

I am definitely planning on buying a place in the future.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Hopefully you changed the lock so the landlord doesn't have a key. If he has one he can and will open it.
Hopefully you have done this already.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Yes, there is a lock on the garage. Outside entrance to garage she has the key, but I'm sticking to a story that his storage stuff is in there and stacking boxes to kind of obstruct the entrance. Thank you all fellow farmers for the advice. I'm buying more desks and a bedframe from a store (with the plan to return it later).

I'll update after the walkthrough is completed. If any other fellow farmers have any tips keep them pouring in.

Calixylon

Calixylon

When your renting changing the locks isnt legal i dont think, pretty sure the landlord has to have access tot he house, in case of emergancy. Going and changing the locks on her and telling her tough shit, you cant go in there most likely will cause her to think something shady is going down.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i would break it down. always comes down easier then going up..

the most they can do is evict...not terrible

its just a waste of time either way

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Fucking landlords, hope everything turns out ok, but with the no cultivation clause in your lease, it sounds like if they suspect and find out your growing, youl most likely be evicted. Fuck, furnish that shit, get rid of everything and pray to baby jesus

The right to allow someone who is renting a property to grow and cultivate is entirely up to the landlord, even in a medical state, thats exactly why they add a no cultivation or distribution of drugs clause on the lease, becasue theyve seen the horror stories and dont wanna deal with the damage. It sucks, but in this day in age, if your growing for any sort of commercial production for profit, and your not entirely airtight with all the inspectors, your landlords, or property, and all paperwork is on point, your asking to get in trouble. I cant imagine how your feeling right now, i lost my personal little grow, and have to move out of my house for cultivation by the end of this month, but i couldnt imagine possibly losing all that work, and breaking a lease.

Sounds like its a straight up grow house though, so i assume you live somewhere else if you have no furniture at all? Slight plus possibly
This lady is full of shit guys! She most likely could not afford her payments so she had her friend take over growing in it! Nobody nowhere in Colorado is rent without a mmj clause in there lease on accident. You can find some that will let you grow but rent is usually really high. For her to ignorantly say that she thought they moved out here to take care of elderly people is just plain stupid. Way to cover your ass lady!!!

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea, just another grower who sounds like he isnt damaging anything and being somewhat responsible, getting hassled by landlords, and potentially being out of alot of time and money. Hope things turn out good, remember to stash all the little shit, thats what tipped my landlady off, a blacked out bedroom, and perlite on the entry way floor.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Thank you guys for the positive words.

My friend locked his garage and got away scott free, I'll see if I can be so lucky. I'll post an update after the walkthrough.

I brought in a lot of furniture, tv stand, couch, workout matts, bed frame, shelves, tables, chairs, clothing for the closet, even food for the pantry... wish me luck.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

Hope it works out for you, if not maybe next time you will have enough respect for people not to set up a grow house on someone's property that made it clear they don't want that.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Hah serious, love how someone has to come down with the hammer. This plants still federally illegal so enough with the bullshit attitude, 15 years ago everyone growing was pretty much a felon. ivy dosent sound like he's fucking anything up so lay off.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Walkthrough happened. Cleaning and trimming took around 10 hours - and let me thank all fellow farmers for advice. I really cleaned every piece of perlite and coco that was laying around and wiped everything down, scrubbed and sprayed. I trimmed all my harvest and put it in paper bags then moved it. I turned off all my acs/dehueys fans and pulled all the condensate pipes inside.

2 realtors arrived 40 mins early and commented on the lack of appliances but I explainned that away my roommate was going to move the big things in. The guy started taking pictures of the living room and downstairs, then said he had to get in the garage and it was locked. I told him it's for storage and my roommate uses it who is out of town, and he would have to mail the key or come here but he's been gone for awhile for business. He stated he would try coming on the weekend, then the other commented that he was busy.

All in all I guess that was the best result I could hope for. I hope they don't come back as I really don't want to have to deal with this mess again and rather focus on growing, but it comes with part of the territory.

I'm just curious if anyone has had a refinance/walkthrough this early in renting... under 5 months seems quite early.

In regards to the one troll stating I shouldn't grow:

If a homeowner rents their house to a family of 4, or to a couple with dogs, I feel they are more than likely to have more damage to the house interior than with me even if they are careful - simply due to the fact they are inhabiting the premises inside and I am not. I don't grow inside the house as I don't want to risk damaging anything. Rent is always paid on time on the 1st.

Last edited:
ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Happy for u bro glad u kept em at bay but if it happens next time put em off for a a good few days and move it all out then you'll have complete peace of mind its a pain but worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom