The drying process/sugar leaves

• Thread starter marcus713
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marcus713

marcus713

So i made it to the drying process and I had a question about the buds. I trimmed before hanging, and it just seems as if there's more sugar leaves than bud. Does this look normal?

The drying processsugar leaves
The drying processsugar leaves 2
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not 100% sure what you mean but it looks like you could give the buds another trim to get more of the sugar leaves off. Not the biggest deal but if I were you Id do it

R

redshift75

looks good. yes there is tons of sugar leaves and as you cut away you start to say "where is the bud at" its just part of the process. others flush cutem, some cut em out. Lots of techniques you see used. Best will always be best in my opinion to take em out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If its got trichs there is no harm in leaving it. If you do a close trim save the sugars for baking etc.

Some buds just have a higher leaf to bud ratio. Nothing wrong with that its just the genetics.

mikeross

mikeross

Could just be genetics. If you plan to run that strain again try lowering the nitrogen more during flower and see if its less leafy.

I would continue to allow them to dry out properly. Looks like its all personal smoke... If so, I wouldn't do a thing but cure and enjoy the smoke. If you want to clean them up more I would suggest buying those rubber bbq sauce brushes and just give a light pass over the dried buds. It will take any loose leaf material off.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I save up my sugar leaves and cure them, after i have a good amount i grind it up and make brownies, last time i ate half the batch and was high for 2 days lol, as far as your flower you trim the sugar leaves off what is left is what u have but save them bc most have trichome on them, as for fans i use for compost or just chuck away.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm almost blind so it's hard to trim. I remove the big fans then hang and brown bag until the buds snap off the branch. At that point, the sugar leaves will break off at the base. No scissors needed.

Top Bottom