The easy way to clone? 😅

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So I decided to take some cuts from one of my Green Crack girls just before she hit flower. From underneath the net near the base. Straight tap water in small glass, just normal room level light in the day, sit them next to the stove and turn the stove light on at night. Change to buffered RO wth 1/4 strength Canna at 10 days. I guess if I ever have a bigger operation proper cloning domes and stuff could be necessary but for now can't see why I'd bother? These will be potted today in 3 gal smart pots and will pretty much have roots to the bottom.

The easy way to clone
The easy way to clone 2
The easy way to clone 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I decided to take some cuts from one of my Green Crack girls just before she hit flower. From underneath the net near the base. Straight tap water in small glass, just normal room level light in the day, sit them next to the stove and turn the stove light on at night. Change to buffered RO wth 1/4 strength Canna at 10 days. I guess if I ever have a bigger operation proper cloning domes and stuff could be necessary but for now can't see why I'd bother? These will be potted today in 3 gal smart pots and will pretty much have roots to the bottom.
You have green hands not just thumbs.

Yup works... low light is really important 👍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Three days since potting in Coco, 1 gal fabric. Last time I planted seeds in 8 gals and had roots all the way out the bottom in 20 days, so with these clones and the roots they started with I expect to start seeing tips being air pruned in the next few days. Can't wait to see how quickly they start developing once they get those pots quickly filled out 🤞

642B9A32 5A7F 4AEA 8EE4 EA0A1F39F738
growsince79

growsince79

How long since you cut it.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Well I can only say what worked for me which is one part being too ignorant to have any doubts which is usually an asset 😂 But nice 45 degree cut, I'd say get them straight in water but I left them on a shelf while I continued pruning for 45 minutes before I decided I was going to clone them hehe. Just into those little jars, should've used RO but just tap water. Then the spot next to the stove was awesome. Not so close it gets hot but it's a warm area, gas stove so high CO2 😉 and the stove light is about a metre above and a lovely yellow spectrum. I took five, three were as above, one was a week slower to grow roots and one kept living the whole time but never rooted. Clearly it's a numbers game I would say

Latest posts

Top Bottom