The Emerald Cup Was A Blast

• Thread starter Nspecta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
I'd like to thank all the THcfarmer's who stopped by our booth this weekend...it was great meeting all y'all. Met a good handful of new faces & gotta visit with many new and old friends. It got so busy on Saturday I actually had to work myself but @Mrs Nspecta definitely kicked ass both days so I could mostly concentrate on more important things...like talking weed with fellow farmers. ;):D

With over 650 entries in the flower competition I knew my outdoor skills didn't stand a chance ( I'm predominantly an indoor grower)...curiously enough though, SC Labs tested my Bombthreat Bubba Kush (Bubba S1 selection) entry at 27.92% Thc which put it in the top 5 highest Thc %'s entered into the cup. My other entry Obama Kush (Mendocino Purple x Bubba Kush) came in at a modest 22.06%

All in all it was an awesome show with over 10,000 attendee's it was definitely the biggest outdoor marijuana festival in the world. I honestly am excited for the 2015 Emerald Cup to get here...see y'all next year. :)

soopy

soopy

Congrats man! That was some very tasty BT indeed, props and thanks again...

The Mrs kicked as for real, showin' all the other booths how it should be done, lol. Seriously...you two make one hell of a canna team!

Good times indeed...2015'll be a blast.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I have to say you guys your plants are the most vigorous and healthy plants I have ever grown. Give yourself more credit. There fantastic. Hope u had fun wish I could of been there M congrats.

S

steelcanaries

I read somewhere...691 flower entries total...daang, what a competition!...I had a blast as well...took a nice snap of the Bombthreat Bubba and was lovin it maan!....was fully in the zone, for a good, strong while, choppin it up with all the passionate/knowledgable cats workin the booths...lots of fun...So cool SC Labs tested the BT at damn near 28% thc and was in the top five most potent varieties tested out of over 600 samples...Congrats on a job well done...that is definitely something to be proud of...Nspecta and Gidj...you guys did make a great team...vibes was nice at the CSI booth...You both were rockin it!...I swear maan, I checked out every booth...lots of seed companies, lots of good genetics available...I truly believe CSI Humboldt had the highest quality genetics/hybrids/seeds available there, for the money...I couldnt help but spread the word to cats peeping out your list of wares, that no matter what seeds they chose, they would be more than happy with the results...theyre all solid...was super stoked to see some of the other Bubba brids available as well as a few of the new Urkle femmed hybrids...cant wait to see what kind of jewels await me in those...gonna be some epic finish no question...The EC is a special event man...we are so blessed to live in this area...if you want to make sure you get verified, real deal genetics from the source, it is definitely the place to be...So cool to get seeds right from the hand of the breeder who created it...Really gives you peace of mind that you got the real thing...The EC is a rare opportunity to get a chance to meet some of the greatest, most passionate canna minds in the world...My buddy I rolled there with, said he kept asking people where they were from, and there were a lot of people from San Diego, other States, and even other countries...These out of towners, so to speak, seem to truly appreciate the significance of the event, which makes me appreciate everything we are blessed to be a part of, living here in this special area/hub of canna culture...And after ten years or so of being on the online canna forums, it was great to finally meet and talk to Bog and Bodhi in person...all good quality people...I felt honored to puff for the first time, not only the badass #7, Bombthreat Bubba Kush and the infamous "Obama Kush", selected and grown by the Nspecta himself, but also some Sour Bubble from Bog's original mother cut (still remember how happy he was when he found her lol), and some of Bodhi's select, f2 keeper of Goji OG, the "PineSoul" cut...
which I now know why is so well desired by many a Bodhi fan...yep...its delicious...that good good, lemony, piney nose and with matching tasty and delicious flavor makes it a keeper for sure...Loved chattin to B about the epic treasures to be found in the f2 gen....the adventures are only beginning...the Emerald Cup was a good place to start those adventures...be blessed all...respects...steel

Swell

Swell

Emerald Cup was stellar!

Was it just me or did Tribal Seeds KILL it... Any chance someone could tell me the name of the last song Tribal Seeds performed?

A monumental "Thank you!" to all the vendors who participated and Tim Blake for making it all happen.

S

steelcanaries

i gotta say...there were two booths there that made me chuckle a lil bit....one looked like it was obviously well financed...imo, overly so...I guess its a different approach to the game, but all I saw was a front of sorts....appears overly classy, almost like a snobby cigar maker ad or something, with a pretty face/image used to deceive people into buying their wares at overly inflated prices....there was one other booth like that (overly expensive imo), and it was draped in gold...appeared to be fully loaded with hipsters whose main concern was to appear cool more than anything...if there is one thing I learned....being cool is overrated (and not really that cool at all) and puttin a silk hat on a pig to justify tripling the price, isnt a marketing tactic that makes me want to reach for my wallet... other than that, its all good baby baybay...

Blaze

Blaze

My friends and I had a blast as well, was good catching up with you and some of the other people I haven't seen in a while (in some cases a few years). Just about smoked up the Bombthreat and Obama you gave me though, it's good stuff :)

One thing I really took away form the cup this year is that our industry is really starting to hit the main stream, I would have never gussed an event like this would hve been possible 5 years ago. Things are changing faster than ever now, curious to see how it all comes together over the next few years.

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

I have to say that was one hell of a good time. finally put some faces to some of the screen names that ive met here on the farm. Im still in aww how well cali outdoor can be, Straight fire funk covered in trichs. Mr. and Mrs nspecta are some of the nicest down to earth ppl that ive met in the industry. @steelcanaries hit it right on the head what a team.. Mr. & Mrs nspecta congrats on ur bomb threat @28% top five. I recall that u were down talking ur own smoke compared to some others.. give urself some props like @Medusa said. straight fire bro.. thanks for all the kind samples. Now the tough decision which to pop first? Cornbread, mendo purps, the grid, spooky or the snow x urkle? tough decisions to be made thanks again

123HB

I picked up a pack of the Purple Snow from ya at
The Emerald Cup, looking to add more of your stock
Soon for OD2015 lol

Thanks for the nice seeds

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Anybody know why this breeder has a strain called Obama Kush?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I did google it and nothing came back with this breeders name attached, or at least I didn't find it.

"I made the hybrid Mendocino Purple Kush (Mendo Purple x Bubba Kush) back around 2006...my boi up in Portland scored a big bag of trim off me from the run those seeds were made and found a handful of viable seeds in the bag...he cracked 'em and named his two favorite phenotypes George W. Kush & Obama Kush...no hearsay here, no empty rhetoric, just the straight up facts. :cigar:"

That is the info I found from the breeder in the thread you linked Caregiverken, thank you.

Top Bottom