The Emerald Cup Was A Blast

• Thread starter Nspecta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I did google it and nothing came back with this breeders name attached, or at least I didn't find it.

"I made the hybrid Mendocino Purple Kush (Mendo Purple x Bubba Kush) back around 2006...my boi up in Portland scored a big bag of trim off me from the run those seeds were made and found a handful of viable seeds in the bag...he cracked 'em and named his two favorite phenotypes George W. Kush & Obama Kush...no hearsay here, no empty rhetoric, just the straight up facts. :cigar:"

That is the info I found from the breeder in the thread you linked Caregiverken, thank you.
I don't know maybe they made it again ?
because I know they have been working with Mendocino purple and Bubba

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Now that I think about it, how the fuck did anybody know about Barry in 2006? This just doesn't add up, more canna bullshit I fear.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So somebody named this strain before he was a US senator? 4 years before he became president? Was this person Nostradamus? I call bullshit.

Stalks

Stalks

In 2005 Obama was a state senator and by early 2008 he was a household name running for president.

The time frame isn't to far off the cut could have been nameless for months befor it earned its name.

You're time line is off too lol 2006 to 2008 when he was elected 4 years?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Stalks - I said he wasn't a US senator until 2006. He didn't run until 2008 for president. Tell how my timeline is off? The original post from the breeder said this strain was started in 2004..........I am all ears.

I understand some people don't care whether someone is truthful about the origins of a strain. Me personally, I find that integrity matters. I am still open to anybody that actually knows what the story is. I quoted the breeder himself, and I would love to hear why his friend in Oregon what such a big fan of an Illinois state senator at the time? Some Oregonian's are hard core into politics, so it is possible. Would still love to hear strait from the horses mouth however. If this for some reason shouldn't be asked then somebody please PM me and let me know. (a moderator I assume)

Stalks

Stalks

I did google it and nothing came back with this breeders name attached, or at least I didn't find it.l

"I made the hybrid Mendocino Purple Kush (Mendo Purple x Bubba Kush) back around 2006...my boi up in Portland scored a big bag of trim off me from the run those seeds were made and found a handful of viable seeds in the bag...he cracked 'em and named his two favorite phenotypes George W. Kush & Obama Kush...no hearsay here, no empty rhetoric, just the straight up facts. :cigar:"

Where is 2004 coming from?

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Been looking into your gear, but a little worried...What's Obama kush about? Why did you call it Obama kush?

Stalks - I said he wasn't a US senator until 2006. He didn't run until 2008 for president. Tell how my timeline is off? The original post from the breeder said this strain was started in 2004..........I am all ears.

I understand some people don't care whether someone is truthful about the origins of a strain. Me personally, I find that integrity matters. I am still open to anybody that actually knows what the story is. I quoted the breeder himself, and I would love to hear why his friend in Oregon what such a big fan of an Illinois state senator at the time? Some Oregonian's are hard core into politics, so it is possible. Would still love to hear strait from the horses mouth however. If this for some reason shouldn't be asked then somebody please PM me and let me know. (a moderator I assume)

@Bulldog11 ~ Just like I posted in the thread @caregiverken linked you to (thanks ken :) )...I originally made the Mendocino Purple x Bubba Kush hybrid back in 2006...my buddy @TigardFarms got a big bag of trim from that seed run and found some beans in it...he sprouted the beans sometime in 2007 and named it Obama Kush later that year when the presidential elections were just starting to take off in late '07/ early '08. I had absolutely nothing to do with naming the strain myself...I merely bred the seed...a lot of folks also tend to forget that Obama had a huge positive following back then before he became president. I personally call the MP x Bubba hybrid Mendocino Purple Kush but there's nothing wrong with anyone naming their favorite phenotype whatever they like. As for "integrity"...there isn't a single question anyone can ask that I won't answer 100% truthfully and honestly...I'm a stickler for the facts myself and anyone that knows me knows that's a fact. ;) I do apologize for not being more timely with my response...I have a huge workload and extremely limited time for the internets...and some questions without a doubt do slip by me when I do get on.

If I haven't fully clarified everything you want to know...feel free to ask more questions. :cool:

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Hey been meaning to track you down on IC but I see you got some digs over here already...Emerald Cup sounds like it was awesome with all the strains :eek:

Have no idea what's going on here with the bitcoin and beans and wutnot but where does one get your beans sir? Are you gonna be attending the High Times Cannabis Cup in San Bernardino in February by any chance?

@whiteberries ~We are going to be at the HT cup in February...we will be sharing a booth with Archive/Docta, Gold Coast, TLCcollective/JACK, & Franchise/Obs...looking forward to another fun event as this will be our first LA area cup. :)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nspecta - That time line sounds a lot more accurate. If your friend didn't work through the beans and name the strain until 07, 08 then I can totally see how he would name it Obama Kush. I appreciate the time you took to answer my question, and your integrity is fully in tact. Now if you still have time for me, what strain should I buy for my outdoor greenhouse grow, or light dep? You convinced me your the type of breeder I would be willing to support. Thanks again, and have a good Holiday, Merry Christmas.

Stalks - Facepalm! Im retarded, you were right. 06 not 04', my bad

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@whiteberries ~We are going to be at the HT cup in February...we will be sharing a booth with Archive/Docta, Gold Coast, TLCcollective/JACK, & Franchise/Obs...looking forward to another fun event as this will be our first LA area cup. :)
One stop shopping!
I'm going to try to be first in line at that booth!

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

What's the chances of you being in Denver for the cup this year @Nspecta? I know it's a ways away but will be the first time I've been to a cup. Would be awesome to score all kinds of dank beans.

Stalks

Stalks

It's all good boss @Bulldog11 you can't go wrong with nspectas work!

I picked up a pack of the mendo purple kush and hopefully I'll get some bubba s1s and then hopefully some Chem or sour d crosses from the man!

I bet the chem crosses will pull hard as fuck out doors

Stalks

Stalks

Come on nspecta you're winning the damn cup next year for outdoor dope grows!

Now do it with some Chem! Lol

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Really great to meet both of you at the EC great weekend it was a really good feeling being at an event that really was geared more towards growers. The conversations being had were generally at much greater substance than what I tend to find at a HTC because the attendees were mostly growers rather than the consumer market. For sure the best cup event I have attended. That Obama Kush sample you gave me was very heady and made my wife and my mouths water. I think it was 2 hrs. of silence
before we said something to each other after sampling that, good job on your work. Lets get together for a float this summer. Peace

Top Bottom