The Emperor Wears No Clothes.

• Thread starter StonedOwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedOwl

I just finished reading The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a fascinating book all about the myriad uses for cannabis, and the government's conspiracy of disinformation.

I was just wondering if anyone here has read it and what they thought about it. If one believes everything Jack Herer says, then cannabis can literally save the world from itself, and do it better, faster and cheaper than any other know material on earth.

Ships and Sailors, Textiles & Fabrics, Fiber & Pulp Paper, Rope, Twine & Cordage, Art Canvas, Paints & Varnishes, Lighting Oil, Biomass Energy (that's the one that got me, Ford build a couple cars way back when, made almost entirely of hemp, and powered by hemp. We have all the energy we need in a renewable resource which can be grown anywhere. Yet we go to war over oil.) Medicine, Food Oils & Protein, Building Materials & Housing, Smoking, Leisure & Creativity, Economic Stability, Profit & Free Trade. The list goes on and on.

I just can't help but feel that this can't be entirely true. After all we are at war, and propaganda is a weapon that I'm sure is used by both sides. However if the info in this book is even half true, if legalized, cannabis would put a very, very big dent in most of the problems the world is having right now. (global warming, hunger and so many diseases could be things of the past.)

Here is a link to an online copy of the book. If you have not read it, you should. If you have, what do you think? Is this the gospel truth? Or, is it simply propaganda, full of half truths?

http://www.onlinepot.org/grow/jackherer.htm

P

punkadc

i have read it. i found it to be very interesting.. but i honestly dont know enough to say if its 100% true or not. like you said, propaganda can be used by both sides.. so i imagine mr. herer might be a little biased from time to time, but many of his points are inarguable. i agree that anyone out there who hasnt read the book yet, should. most definitely;)

Top Bottom