The equipment light is a problem?

• Thread starter Jayvelo86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

I'm new growing and I want to know if the equipment light when they are in the dark cycle will affect the plant grow or stage if any knowledge thanks. attached a picture to see the day and dark in the room
The equipment light is a problem
The equipment light is a problem 2

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Yes. Get rid of the light. Get in your space. Turn the lights out. Black out everything you see. Then wait like 10 min for your eyes to adjust. Black out everything you see. Some strains donā€™t need much of an invitation to throw out ā€œnannersā€ and seed your crop.

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

Yes. Get rid of the light. Get in your space. Turn the lights out. Black out everything you see. Then wait like 10 min for your eyes to adjust. Black out everything you see. Some strains donā€™t need much of an invitation to throw out ā€œnannersā€ and seed your crop.
Thanks šŸ‘

gogreen420

gogreen420

I've got a Bluelab Guardian monitor that emits green lighting in the dark cycle. Would that cause the plants to get stressed or become hermie? There are no other light leaks in the room except this one. I am hesitant to cover these ones up because I need to monitor the ph and ppm levels through a camera as I live away from the room.

Download
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've got a Bluelab Guardian monitor that emits green lighting in the dark cycle. Would that cause the plants to get stressed or become hermie? There are no other light leaks in the room except this one. I am hesitant to cover these ones up because I need to monitor the ph and ppm levels through a camera as I live away from the room.

my titan controller is about 4 feet away from my plants and also has green led display like that and never caused a problem.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

My first grow hermā€™d because of those same red lights being left uncovered. Sukā€™d but I got major fem seeds from it.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Night vision cameras use InfraRed to see. That will likely cause more problems than the green light you're worried about.

gogreen420

gogreen420

Night vision cameras use InfraRed to see. That will likely cause more problems than the green light you're worried about.
Iā€™ve turned off IR from the camera during dark cycles. Canā€™t see anything. I can only monitor during the light cycles.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I personally keep my room completely in the dark when lights out occurs. I cover all digital displays with fabric or tape to eliminate any light leaks in the room. If for some reason I do need to make access during lights off, I use a Agro LED GL56960417 960417 Green LED Night Light-6 Watt Plant-Growing-Lamps, Natural (similar to an Illuminati SG night Light) which I have in the ceiling. This light creates a true green spectrum that the plants have difficulty seeing, and allows for any necessary intrusions into my flower room for whatever reason, but I generally plan my time to be in the room when lights are on anyway, so this for me is only an emergency measure.

Be careful that your light leaks in any green LED readouts are in the right spectrum, which I'm not sure how I would test, otherwise your plants maybe seeing more than you though...the parts of the spectrum you can't see.

Here's an interesting video link to help you understand how green and spectrum work:

Latest posts

Top Bottom