The Ever-changing World Of Extracts?

• Thread starter Red Stripe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Red Stripe

Red Stripe

so I will be visiting Colorado this month and was looking on Craigslist for some Shatter. So far everyone I spoke to is a biochemist with thousands of dollars worth of equipment.....? Can anyone guide me or give me any tips to buying BHO oil or Shatter or crumble or wax ?confused and don't want to get beat.

420circuit

420circuit

Just walk into a shop and buy it. Kind Love gets a lot of favorable comments in Denver.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Kids stuff IMO...
Give me quality flowers any day over all of that...
Would not trust the safety of, as well as I like to function and enjoy the effect without getting too torn up..
But to each their own....

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

so I will be visiting Colorado this month and was looking on Craigslist for some Shatter. So far everyone I spoke to is a biochemist with thousands of dollars worth of equipment.....? Can anyone guide me or give me any tips to buying BHO oil or Shatter or crumble or wax ?confused and don't want to get beat.
Stay off of craigslist. That's where the drug peddlers and cops hang out. No matter what you read, you are not allowed to 'donate' money to some random person for a free gift of equal value. There is a small chance of hitting the jackpot on craigslist.

Westword is a local weekly that would be a much better source for both learning about different types of extracts, and had/have a review critic and to post some strain reviews etc.

Know what you want. If you want a peanut butter consistency, ask. If you want more of a flake extract, ask. You should also plan on purchasing a vape pen or oil rig and that price should be considered. If you are looking at shatter ask if it's stable at room temperature. Some of the best shatter I've had doesn't turn to taffy when it gets warm, and most places keep their 'shatter' cold or frozen. I personally do not like the 'peanut butter' consistency, I find it a pain to keep clean. Some shops pre-weigh and measure their extracts so take a look.

A good starting point would probably be O.Pen and their strain-specific cartridges, but they are diluted to about 20-30% thc with propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin. It is debated whether consuming combustible PGEs is carcinogenic. Check the MSDS if you are concerned.

You'd be more satisfied with other brands of oil than open, but they are everywhere.

Good luck.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

So far everyone I spoke to is a biochemist with thousands of dollars worth of equipment.....?
LOL.

Yeah bro, didn't you know, everyone out here graduated from WeedU.

A lot of 'experts' in the industry.... Yet they spent thousands of dollars and 'tane and steel tubes, blasting the same way the guy at home does. Even causing an explosion now and again... LOL

It ain't rocket science, that's why the MIPS got their lobbyists to help make it illegal, for everyone but them. Because they are EXPERTS.

The 'tane does the work, the chemist just monitors the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom