The "Expansion" phenomenon: what is the truth?

• Thread starter Gymshoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gymshoes

:rasta: Hey farmers, your friend gymshoes here. Me and my uncle Jack were medicating last week, and amidst a flurry of coughing by yours truely, he said, "That weed really expands in your lungs, don't it?", and i said no, it was just harsh weed.

Motarebel's Toxic Blue. OTOH, and IMOHO, is an incredibly smooth smoke, consistently smooth.

Personally, i do not believe a cloud of smoke is gonna expand. Every time i have seen smoke, it dissipates. But that's just how i see it. What do you peeps think?

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

i think there is a definite difference between harsh weed that's grown and or dried/cured wrong, and strains that when every thing is done properly, the smoke will still deliver that cough, and it feels like your lungs have exploded. do your lungs actually expand more with these smokes than others? i don't know, but i think these strains that are referred to as lung expander or lungbusters or whatever are just beacuse it feels like your lungs have exploded, and it hurts so good. :animbong:

P

pistilwhipped

Yep, kind of a weird question there. Does smoke expand? Technically no it contracts....not disipates, that's a completely different phenomenon. Smoke is highly heated when it goes through your smoking device...and then cools to a nice 98.6. When things cool they shrink. Moe knows smoke.

L

Lost

I would think thta as the smoke cools in you lungs its volume decreases, however... You may run into a constricting of the lungs in reaction to harsh smoke making it feel like the smoke is expanding, when actually the lngs are contracting..

I dunno, ima smoke another bong load and ponder this mary jane mystery...

S

Shi-ska-bong

WOw this has me thinkin' really hard for some reason lmao... :bong-hits: ... I think it's just harshness of the weed IMHO smoke is smoke is smoke, density of it is only due to how hard you rip on it...

S

SkyHi

Yea i had some chem bubble that def felt like it expanded. that shit hit harder than a mofo! And there was a slight delay on the punch to the lungs amplifing the "expansion" feel. Maybe weed is smooth to the throat can still be hard on the lungs therefore making it seem like it expanded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom