the feds want MI patient info :(

• Thread starter Snafu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snafu

Feds want Mich. to give up medical marijuana files

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A court hearing to determine whether Michigan authorities must turn over medical-marijuana records to federal investigators probably won't last long.

The state attorney general's office says it's willing to comply with a subpoena from federal investigators. It simply wants a court order.

In Grand Rapids, U.S. Magistrate Judge Hugh Brenneman Jr. is scheduled to hold a hearing Wednesday on the federal government's request for information on seven people with medical marijuana or marijuana caregiver cards.

The Drug Enforcement Administration won't talk about the Lansing-area probe but says it's not cracking down on medical marijuana users. The agency says it pursues large-scale drug traffickers.

More than 45,000 people in Michigan are registered to use marijuana to ease the symptoms of cancer and other health problems.

C

c4NN4daze

Is this reallt a bad thing though? Should it be a secret if you truly enjoy this marvelous plant? Lets hear some thought people.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Incredibly fucked up, but what's worse is that Michiganers' very officials are *not* looking out for their citizens by telling the feds to go fuck themselves.

I believe this was already posted, though.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

This must be old shit or just plain misinformation. The mi gov websites says there are 80,000 med patients in MI.

517kush

it is true but... they are only asking for 7 names. the DEA has already stated they are going after drug traffickers, not patients or cargivers. i am pretty sure those 7 people know they are being watched now. also im sure those 7 drug traffickers know who they are. unless you are one of the 7 biggest drug traffickers in the Lansing area you have nothing to worry about. ALL you can do is stay within the state laws that are in place, than if something goes down, your lawyers still have a chance. Good luck&One luv

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So all the DEA has to do is say they're going after suspected drug traffickers and it's all golden. This is all so much like what we were promised when PATRIOT was voted in--"We won't be using this legislation to go after drug dealers, terrorists ONLY!" We've had a few years to see how that's panned out.

Yeah, just like they won't come in your mouth and the check is in the mail.

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

God how I HATE the DEA and all those other LEO thugs.

But i am assuming that the people they are after have MIS-used the opportunity given to us togrow and use medical marijuana. There will always be a few who spoil things for everybody else.

Anyway, I doubt the DEA is gonna get confidential, protected medical records.

I'm in Flint, Michigan, and I'm not worried.

2DogWalker

I don't know the facts, but from my knowledge of the situation lone420ranger isn't too far off. FYI

S

swisscheese

Well at least we know our information is private like they promised us. For a state full of so many good people we sure have some assholes representing us, I hope the compassion clubs win this one.

G

Gnostic

OK everyone knows Mr. Schuette should tell the feds to stuff it but that is not going to happen. being from Midland and growing up in the same time period as Bill I am fully aware of how he was raised. We will not change his mind or anyone like him. as far as the DEA or LEO in general "please" remember most of the people in the field are doing a job. most of these people are "Anti-pot" because of a lack of understanding. Ignorance however annoying must not be lashed out against it can only be defeated through education and time. We should all be aware of where we live and the issues of our local area. Stay within the Law and show that the Meds are not harmful to society this is the only way to win in the and.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The Feds did the same thing in Cali but the state said no! If I remember right it went to court and a Fedral court ruled it was unconstitutional for medical information to be passed to unauthorised parties.It`s also a state law here in Cali.The Feds are getting worried because they are losing support from the people,courts,and many of the states on the mmj issue! Just a matter of time! Keep up the fight Brothers!:harvest:

I

ibTheMan

why dont they spend there time and money fuckn with people are do'n illegal shit like selln coke, crack, heroin, and pills not people do'n legal MMMP grows.

Top Bottom