the flip re-veg..nites to days CA..holy shiyt

• Thread starter SEASCAPE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SEASCAPE

Ok this is a first for me but I will try to explain.. There are some fd-up factors.

Strains: Both TGA-Chernobyl, Agent Orange-I have 2 different phenos.

I was on the nite veg for my indoor when I ran into a $ prob to go forward. With no indoor going on I could not bear the thought of tossing them (don't know anybody on nites) so I decided to plant them outside early to the light conditions here in norcal. I knew I was in for a ride being the ladies were on nites but did not factor in how early it was here at the time!!

So over the next few weeks they all took off like a mofo. Feeding with nutes, RO water at 15ppm and cal mag. PH around 6.5-6.8 bluelab combo. Plants start budding, everything looking good. Next noticed I was getting a retarded leaf growth 3 leaved fan leaves starting. From here the chernobyl stayed normal the longest but ran into the same deal.

I'm throwing the nute info out but I know the nite flip into longer days fukd it. What I'd like to know is this..

The plants have bud on them, not huge but not a bad start. The new shoots have gone NUTS. When the days get shorter I'm assuming all will come back. BUT what about the bud that has started on the plant will it try to continue or will it all just revert back to veg? When they do flip will the old bud be past the same stage in tris? any mold issues with the org bud to worry about with so much time untill natural flip? I've never had this happen and have never tried it with any intent.

Pics to come.. you will shit when you see how much regrowth has taken place. Its just hard to factor in everything and know what to expect. And I'll will say it now..I do not remember the start date but they are at least a month & a 1/2 along : ) Sorry due to growing indoors I've stopped looking at the dates and just go on tris anymore, since i'm in there every nite I get a chance to check.

More to come!

S

SEASCAPE

2013 05 01 150947
2013 05 01 151106
2013 05 13 162956
2013 05 13 163012
2013 05 13 163122

2013 05 13 163148
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Classic revegging scenario.

I'm not understanding what you mean by 'nites' or being veg on nites, but I can see that you put sexed plants out while daylight hours are increasing. And, just as September is the fall month where we see the greatest change in daylight length being shortened, April is the spring month where we see the greatest change in daylight being increased.

Unfortunately, you've waited a VERY long time, too long in my opinion, to really save much of anything in terms of harvest. My best advice to you is to take what you can, if there's anything to take, then take cuttings and get them back into a vegetative phase of growth and start over again. You do NOT want to try to grow out a plant that's popping those single-lobed leaves!

Next time, you must EITHER do light deprivation, or you must add light during the dark phase of the photoperiod (aka night). Light deprivation keeps the dark phase to 12hrs so they don't try to go back into vegetative growth, and interruption of the dark phase by adding light keeps them in a vegetative phase instead of going into flower, only to be exposed to increased daylight that causes them to switch back to vegetative growth.

In other words, those poor girls are hormonally confused in the extreme. Which, by the by, is what many people see in cuts that have triple or single-lobed leaves instead of the typical 5+ of a normally growing plant. Those reduced lobes are your signal of the plant's confusion. There is a sequence that you will observe, you are now in the single-lobe and right now, because daylight hours are still increasing, it's only going to continue with the veg growth.

The sequence is that the plant will start popping triple-lobed leaves. If the hours aren't corrected or interrupted, then it begins to grow single-lobed leaves after 2-4wks. Once it's back in veg mode, the singles start showing up as triples, which takes again about 2-4wks, then after another 2-4wks, as long as daylight hours are sufficiently long or nights are interrupted, you'll see the normal growth return.

S

SEASCAPE

Ok, nights.. but I don't understand keeping them at 12hrs. If I was veggin at 18 hrs and drop to 12 it forces the flip. You say 12 hours so they dont go back I am a little confused. You mean untill the shorter days I'm assuming. Do you have any pictures of plants that did this same thing ? pics of plants that went the whole cycle after it happening.
Just seems like if you wait long enough they would fill in but then again I've never seen or done this before. I veg (run18 hrs) at night for the indoor. Eve to morning hrs. Hope that makes better sense. Thanks!

U

Underground

I think what she meant by that is that by letting them get that far along, it's best to just continue flowering at that point.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, nights.. but I don't understand keeping them at 12hrs. If I was veggin at 18 hrs and drop to 12 it forces the flip. You say 12 hours so they dont go back I am a little confused. You mean untill the shorter days I'm assuming. Do you have any pictures of plants that did this same thing ? pics of plants that went the whole cycle after it happening.
Just seems like if you wait long enough they would fill in but then again I've never seen or done this before. I veg (run18 hrs) at night for the indoor. Eve to morning hrs. Hope that makes better sense. Thanks!
I mean that those plants are all kinda fucked up, hormonally-speaking, and that in my opinion you should just get them back into a strong vegetative state, throwing then proper number of lobes on each leaf. The plant doesn't know what to do, it doesn't know if it should be flowering or growing leaves, that's why it looks like this. I didn't take pix back when I was learning this stuff, sorry, but it *is* something I think all OD growers have seen at one point or another.

Now, here's the thing that I think trips most people up, and that is the 12/12 paradigm. I have learned, the hard way, that all that needs to happen is a sufficient INCREASE IN DARK HOURS (caps for emphasis, not yelling) for the plant to begin to go into flower. That's it. In my experience an hour is enough.

So, if you've been vegging them at 18/6 and you put them outside and the days are 17hrs long, they're going to go into flower. If you interrupt that dark phase (the night) for a sufficiently long enough period of time, you turn those flowering hormones off.

If you do what I did and fuck up the timer, you find plants well into budding. What's my solution? I can't rig up a light deprivation area, so they're going inside to be finished. Why? Because I know that otherwise, if I try to push them to go back into veg to try to finish out the season, I'm going to get what you have. And I've already tried to trim that shit and it's not worth it.

Please tell me, does that make more sense than what I posted previously? All this is train of thought, which exposes my brain and thinking, which can naturally be confusing.
I think what she meant by that is that by letting them get that far along, it's best to just continue flowering at that point.
My post had to be hella confusing, I was worried about that. I meant that I think that trying to finish out plants that look like that is a lost cause. I think they should be put on a vegging schedule, get them straightened out, then try again. I don't think he's going to get much of anything useful or usable from what he's got going on there.

So, to reiterate, in my opinion he should put the plants back onto a vegetative lighting schedule and let them grow out of the whackness that's going on right now, then start over again. IF he's able to get them straightened out as late as the end of July, he can pull a crop by the end of October. Not a fantastically huge crop, but something quite trimmable and tokeable.

Top Bottom