The Future Of Bho

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
Oh i guess you aren't an average user. See, BHO is what people started using who wanted the strongest tastiest extract to vaporize. Now that there is something stronger and tastier, all those people who prefer the best will switch over, once they realize the veracity of my words.

Yields are pretty low on some strains, but up to and over 20% on some.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
5-10% yield difference isnt the difference between infinitely rich and just an average joe. i guess it might depend where you are from too. pot here is like close to 100$ an oz for almost anything.

and hey, if you feel its too expensive to make or something, just take all your rosin chips after and make bho out of it. that way you get your other few % you are complaining about being an excessive loss.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
if its "perfect bud" maybe you can get the 30% a few people are getting on heat press return. i get 20 on some og cross.

Calixylon

Calixylon

BHO, full melt, rosin, PHO, all of the hAsh oil is here to stay. Will the people who spent 100 grand on solvent e tractors get rid of them, no way. It's hard alcohol to beer, concentrates or flowers. Hash has been around as long as cannabis has, and until solvents stop stripping cannabanoids from their plant prisons BHO is here to stAy

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
for sure. many people will switch over from BHO to heat press though. i made bho for about 12 years, and now i dont anymore. i know of many who also have decided to switch over.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i thought it was crazy when one person said it, when two claimed the same thing, i am tending to start to believe it. two independent sources. people claim 30% on bho too, many would call bullshit.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

It had a good run, I'm happy for all its profiteers and their future endeavors. Critically ill patients will still need these thc counts though and for that alone I am grateful they have an outlet other than pharmaceuticals.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think it will probably be around for a while, the costs/time/etc associated with the other products just don't give enough of an incentive to cross over from a production standpoint, and consumers really aren't demanding one thing or another. I do think the range of options will expand and grow. Smoking buds is for old folks like me, extracts are never going to replace them, but I don't know anyone under 25 or so that prefers buds.

I am super excited to see what happens with rosin and am looking forward to seeing someone come up with a reliable easy to use at home system other than the hair straightener and parchment paper. I had some luck squishing buds, but man it was tedious and slow, and I really didn't feel I was getting a full extraction. Definitely the best taste I have come across though and it had beautiful color.

C

cj smith

butane is used as a solvent and has no proof of long term health problems (probably because lack of study) but its ok. i just read about how acetone also has no proof of long term health problems either. acetone is one of the best solvents and leaves virtually nothing behind. y doesnt anyone know y no one uses it. not that its a good idea tho do it. just wondering

Graywolf

Graywolf

butane is used as a solvent and has no proof of long term health problems (probably because lack of study) but its ok. i just read about how acetone also has no proof of long term health problems either. acetone is one of the best solvents and leaves virtually nothing behind. y doesnt anyone know y no one uses it. not that its a good idea tho do it. just wondering
Acetone has been identified as a reproductive system toxin.

C

cj smith

so is ethyl alcohol.. did u know that everyone produce acetone naturally. if you tested your urine now, it would be positive for it. people who naturally produce too much have diabetes

Graywolf

Graywolf

You are correct that they have the same Class III FDA solvent rating, and that diabetics can develop ketone breath from elevated blood levels, which is typically considered to be indicative of a serious problem.

If I might put it in perspective however, it is far easier to buy a glass of food grade ethyl alcohol and water, than any grade of acetone and water.

View attachment FDA solvent standards.pdf
N

noone88

Wouldn't steam distillation end up being the most cost-efficient and safest (consumer-wise) way to extract hash? You would end up with decarbed thc. Or ethanol extraction for people that don't want decarb thc.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Wouldn't steam distillation end up being the most cost-efficient and safest (consumer-wise) way to extract hash? You would end up with decarbed thc. Or ethanol extraction for people that don't want decarb thc.

Saturated steam has been used for years to extract mono an sesquiterpenes, but is a little cool for the Diterpenes. Possibly super heated steam, which as you note will decarb the oil.

C

cj smith

steam distillation will extract essential oils rather than thc. you will end up with everything else. steam and pressure on bubble hash through a screen filter might work great though

Top Bottom