the government is watching, how to browse "safely"

• Thread starter redrum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redrum

To say "does not work" is not a correct statement

It works exactly as intended

It really just makes it a pain in the ass for them to track you down.

R

redrum

But the point of using this browser is to add layers of proxies in between your ISP and the information your accessing.

I think you over estimate your isp's willingness to work with the cops on anything besides pirating (they wanna save bandwidth).

If the police have warrants for your info your.prob fucked already. This will help hide it in the first place

sixstring

sixstring

it would seem better to have a program in your comp that self destructs when you get busted lol.
im with TG on this one,they can and will find out anything they want if they so choose and a tor/proxy aint gunna stop em;)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

just use a virtual private network (vpn), it's all you need now and will ever need to be "safe" online

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But the point of using this browser is to add layers of proxies in between your ISP and the information your accessing.

I think you over estimate your isp's willingness to work with the cops on anything besides pirating (they wanna save bandwidth).

If the police have warrants for your info your.prob fucked already. This will help hide it in the first place
It's not a matter of your ISP's willingness, or lack thereof. It's to do with the fact that the government now has their own monitoring equipment installed in your ISP's central office, and your ISP has no control of it whatsoever. This is a direct result of FISA, CALEA, and PATRIOT. Honestly, you're going to have to be very good at masking and proxies to avoid any surveillance issues.

I know these particulars because my husband works for the local telco, who is also the local cable company, who is also the local ISP.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

It's not a matter of your ISP's willingness, or lack thereof. It's to do with the fact that the government now has their own monitoring equipment installed in your ISP's central office, and your ISP has no control of it whatsoever. This is a direct result of FISA, CALEA, and PATRIOT. Honestly, you're going to have to be very good at masking and proxies to avoid any surveillance issues.

I know these particulars because my husband works for the local telco, who is also the local cable company, who is also the local ISP.
And we have been "visited" by the "Men In Black" and told that we will comply....whether we like it or not.

R

redrum

And that's the exact point of using this browser.

They have actually had some problems with large scale spammers using this to hide behinod. Saw a service like this several weeks ago that had the volume of their traffic increase 50% in one day, obviously because somebody was sending out a large amount of spam.

My biggest worry is the NSA sending info to the dea

http://www.lifeofthelaw.org/dea-use...rects-officersdas-to-launder-the-information/

And it looks like its happening already

Aforce

Aforce

If u r really worried about such things tor network will not help.. the only safe bet is to use a tester modem with a cloned mac addy (ie motorola surboard series flashed with haxorware) or just use open wifi when posting..

Latest posts

Top Bottom