The Icy Breeze, a way to cool dry without ac?

• Thread starter DJK12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DJK12

DJK12

Alright
The closer I get to the harvest day the more I find myself planning out the best way to dry, seeing as to how crucial this part is otherwise you'll end up with Hay I'm putting quite a bit of thought into this as I do with everything else. Sooooo now to the fun part I've seen things such as the :
•Cannatrol, im not rich so to hell with that thing.
•Portable a.c units are solid, but use an extreme amount of energy and my space isn't too too big so all that ducting may be annoying but not impossible.
•This may be a good one... cigar cooler/humidor. Done some research on em and they seem to be able to keep the temp, but the humidity not too sure of. I know cigar people are crazy about that stuff so I'm assuming they would have them on point and they cost WAY less than a cannatrol
•last is this icybreeze, completely portable cooling unit that can house 3 ten pound bags of ice (maybe even dry ice) and is completely sealed so it keeps the moisture inside the container with filtering the air out through the hose at 3 different fan speeds. Supposedly doesn't put out cold wet air like thos super cheap portable ac units you see on TV or stores. Plugs into wall which I was thinking it could plug into a AC infinity UIS outlet then plugged into the Pro69 controller so you can maybe set it to stop at a certain temperature?

I have way too much time on my hands.

The icy breeze a way to cold dry without ac
The icy breeze a way to cold dry without ac 2
The icy breeze a way to cold dry without ac 3
DJK12

DJK12

Why not just convert a wine fridge? It’s a proven method with good results.
Would definitely have to figure out how to do that, im an electrician so I'm pretty handy but never messed with a fridge before.
Typically get a lot more people to get advice from on here so I can kind of get ideas from everyone. Don't know what's goin on with this one, I'll just go fuck myself lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I had to dry in a bedroom. Had a lot of weed rotating in and out. I was due for a new window AC, so I got one of those inverter units. Kept the room at 60°. And didn’t cost much to run and I ran it constantly. 15.seer. But, as with all air conditioners, I had to put up with lower humidity. Probably 45%. And I didn’t try to humidify the room. And got it for about what you pay for that. Quiet, efficient, and a lot of bells and whistle’s. Don’t know if it can apply to you. And I don’t like the idea of constantly loading ice into anything for a couple of weeks at least. I was drying for a month. Good luck. A big improvement over my GE, which gave up the ghost. They’ve come a long ways in the last seven or eight years.

P

PahPahCee

Would definitely have to figure out how to do that, im an electrician so I'm pretty handy but never messed with a fridge before.
Typically get a lot more people to get advice from on here so I can kind of get ideas from everyone. Don't know what's goin on with this one, I'll just go fuck myself lol
Ah you’re already over qualified to make one.

4B232548 E906 43D2 8818 12197DBE06B3

Wine fridge with a mini thermoelectric dehumidifier (those 35 dollar piece of crap ones off Amazon). You use a inkbird humidity controller to controller the dehumidifier.

Load up the fridge with bud and slowly work the RH down with the controller until you hit 62% or whatever.

I got all my stuff off OfferUp and spent less than $130 on each fridge I built. I live in the city so your mileage may vary.

M

mmob

Ah you’re already over qualified to make one.

View attachment 1997724

Wine fridge with a mini thermoelectric dehumidifier (those 35 dollar piece of crap ones off Amazon). You use a inkbird humidity controller to controller the dehumidifier.

Load up the fridge with bud and slowly work the RH down with the controller until you hit 62% or whatever.

I got all my stuff off OfferUp and spent less than $130 on each fridge I built. I live in the city so your mileage may vary.
Hey would you be able to jump over here and give us a hand? https://ilgmforum.com/t/making-an-open-source-drying-device-help-us-get-it-right/110729/2

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think referring to other forums is frowned upon here. Nevertheless, out of curiosity, I looked at that thread. You'd be better off starting a thread here. I noticed someone said this: "humidity also goes down with temperature." That's wrong. Relative humidity increases as the air temperature decreases, and decreases and air temperature increases. It's an inverse relationship.

M

mmob

I think referring to other forums is frowned upon here. Nevertheless, out of curiosity, I looked at that thread. You'd be better off starting a thread here. I noticed someone said this: "humidity also goes down with temperature." That's wrong. Relative humidity increases as the air temperature decreases, and decreases and air temperature increases. It's an inverse relationship.
I did NOT mean to do that!!! I meant to send a link to here! https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/m...et-it-right.159840/?post=3116146#post-3116146 Moderators, can you please fix it? I am so sorry. I posted it in two different forums, and pasted the wrong link here. My apologies.

M

mmob

I wrote this in the context of a peltier cooler: the harder it works, the cooler it gets in the cabinet, the more condensation it will cause, and the lower the humidity in the cabinet will be.

Top Bottom