Stressing outdoors

• Rigorous regimen of stressing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Just let her go!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
INbreed312

INbreed312

when growing outdoors, stress from the natural environment plays a huge factor in the ability to develop and sustain those enormous trees we all go after. Or at least if smaller, able to support "Kevorki buds the size of a Volkswagon".
I found this article and thought it a great kick off point to discuss the importance of stress and maybe get a more advanced stress discussion reinvigorated
http://travisma.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/the-necessity-of-stress/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thigmotropism, and as the article is discussing, winds and breezes (but also slight pest pressures) are what I rely on as stress for my ladies. I try not to drought stress them, but it happens.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Stress can easily be overcome when proper nutrition is given to the plant. I have plants growing in my greenhouse right now that haven't seen a nice day since they were planted, they look healthy as can be. Dropped to 28 last night, still doing fine. The most important thing about growing outdoors is your soil fertility. With proper fertility and nutrient integrity, you will grow the healthiest, happiest plants with very little effort.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

not sure if your saying you should stress your plants or not....

If so, this couldn't be more wrong. Your plant when sprouted has a certain genetic potential. EVERY bit of stress takes away a bit of potential. Plain and simple.

Tnelz

Tnelz

not sure if your saying you should stress your plants or not....

If so, this couldn't be more wrong. Your plant when sprouted has a certain genetic potential. EVERY bit of stress takes away a bit of potential. Plain and simple.
So I'm curious what u mean here. Topping or lst or hell super cropping brings more out of a plant than if I just let her go. At least from my experience. Not saying there is anything wrong with no stress but tried and true methods stress ur plant but I'd don't think anyone would say these methods subtract from the genetic potential. I'm no scientist and am not arguing but I don't think that's correct unless I'm misunderstanding something. Please elaborate on ur point. Def interested.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I don't think topping helps anything. Outdoors topping is not recommended. Inside, you can shape your canopy to better take in light, but that costs time and energy from the plant.

I could find all my notes on this, but I have things to do today. Go ahead and stress your plants out, I will continue growing healthy plants.

suomynona

suomynona

If i mess with my od plants too much i get low yields, still good quality but low yields.

For instance, a blue dream that i prune and train a lot may give me 5 units and maybe only get 8 feet tall, a blue dream that i only top one time in july, dont prune at all and only cage and trellis as needed hits double digits everytime and hit 15 feet tall and wide. I grow trees, not bushes.

Tnelz

Tnelz

If i mess with my od plants too much i get low yields, still good quality but low yields.

For instance, a blue dream that i prune and train a lot may give me 5 units and maybe only get 8 feet tall, a blue dream that i only top one time in july, dont prune at all and only cage and trellis as needed hits double digits everytime and hit 15 feet tall and wide. I grow trees, not bushes.
U def grow trees. I def grow bushes. Lol! I understand in that case where stress may be detrimental to what U guys r trying to achieve. So when u trellis it's just for support then?

suomynona

suomynona

U def grow trees. I def grow bushes. Lol! I understand in that case where stress may be detrimental to what U guys r trying to achieve. So when u trellis it's just for support then?
Thanks buddy, ill have to show you some bigger plants than the ones you have seen of mine, but i appreciate your kindness!

Yes, i trellis mostly for support, and pull some branches thru the trellis to better spots for light penetration but thats really it.

Nothing wrong with growing bushes! I grow some smaller plants too!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks buddy, ill have to show you some bigger plants than the ones you have seen of mine, but i appreciate your kindness!

Yes, i trellis mostly for support, and pull some branches thru the trellis to better spots for light penetration but thats really it.

Nothing wrong with growing bushes! I grow some smaller plants too!
Just call it like I c it bro. Ur grows are awesome period. It's a spce thing for me. There will be a time when I have the space for trees. Look out world. Lol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom