The Indoorfarmer is up to his crazy ways!

• Thread starter Theindoorfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hi guys, the name is Jay here and I am here to share my farming ways with you. Been growing for a while and decided to share my passion with others like me by posting my crazy grows and my way of growing the dank. I grow my ladies in coco perlite and the secret recipe is …… yes you will need to stay tuned in to know all my secrets and how I grow from seed to stoned. I will be posting all pics of my steps and feel free to comment at anytime.
A bit of my pass now, we’ll let’s talk about my last grow. I had 6 girls in my 4x8. All were started from seed. 4 were from Barney’s Farm(Tropicana Banana, Mimosa Evo and Liberty Haze) and the other 2 were freebies from Seedsman (White Widow). So long story short (don’t wanna bore you guys) I ended up with 1500grams of dry weight at the end.
The indoorfarmer is up to his crazy ways 2
The indoorfarmer is up to his crazy ways
The indoorfarmer is up to his crazy ways 3
The indoorfarmer is up to his crazy ways 4

I could of done better had some mistakes along the way (that I learned from) and now ready for another round.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So gonna start 8 seeds ( 2 Liberty Haze, 1 Tropicana banana, 3 Biscotti Mintz and 2 Jack Herer).
I start them in RO water that is on a heating pad and let them soak for 6 hrs before I transfer them into paper towels for another 24hrs.
CCE03A27 F3E3 4927 9BD8 737E4C2F48CE

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Prior to putting my seeds in the RO, I leave my seed mat at 28 Celsius with the jars of soaking water and the 4 containers with the paper towels(not yet soaked) to get to desired temperature inside my tent.
88685B9B 8D16 4055 85DC 84A6FC37C02D
DCFEAB6E 97C5 4B2F B731 B726BE078B4F

Also there, is the container that will be soaking my Jiffy’s (also in RO) bringing them to room temperature to avoid any shock to the small root. They will be going in after the 6 hour soak so that they are fully saturated when time comes to transplant.
See you guys in 6 hours!

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

I’m back! Don’t forget all these previous and following steps have to be done in the dark for germination to occur. Alright guys it’s been 6 hours of soaking and at this point I give them a tap just to see if they will sink and if they do I might keep them in for a bit more but I never exceed 12 hours of soaking.
EB630569 B937 4FA8 A9E7 C37835A0DA58

After a little tap they all sank to the bottom. We are ready to go. Now I open the jars and empty the top water top avoid flooding my container.(but if ever that happens, no worries you are in no deep s&@t just read on).
I open my container and gently deposit the seeds (just pour it slowly like a drinking glass) then fold back the paper towel back to absorb the remaining water. If any water is remaining just hold the paper towel and empty it. You don’t want too much water in there, just enough to saturation.
A304AFBA E44E 4225 BA42 470916CA69A1
33F47A14 8F0E 4D66 A57F 5B95DE43BEFE
7D00AABE 13D5 4564 95CB 30A75B73BC67

Alright, next we don’t want to forget to soak our jiffy’s for them to be at the same temp and ready for transplant when those girls grow some tails. ( that sounds kinda weird, but what the heck) X)
59C6FA5B DC46 4BFD 989C 0E5D3D4B1273

So we will go on pause for a bit and come back in 24 hrs to see the progress we’ve made. Cheers to all and thanks for reading up if you made it all the way here! Peace! ✌️

7C857F3A 8CD0 452B 8E98 57659ED7EFEA
Last edited:
Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Alright guys I’m back but with bad horrible news…..we got 100% tails but they are too small to transplant. Most of them are around 1/8 or less so I will let them sit in the dark for another 12 and we should be good to transplant to the soaking jiffy’s. So on this I will sign off and we meet again tomorrow for another episode of “theindoorfarmer plants some seeds” will we succeed or fail tune up tomorrow!

sambapati

sambapati

Alright guys I’m back but with bad horrible news…..we got 100% tails but they are too small to transplant. Most of them are around 1/8 or less so I will let them sit in the dark for another 12 and we should be good to transplant to the soaking jiffy’s. So on this I will sign off and we meet again tomorrow for another episode of “theindoorfarmer plants some seeds” will we succeed or fail tune up tomorrow!
Good things happen in the dark....

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Good morning guys, welcome back to another day of gardening jamaïcain tomatoes « Wink Wink). With your host here Theindoorfarmer I will carry you through my next steps to success on getting baked but first let’s go see those seeds.
Alright the tails look good an I think we are ready to plant 🌱 maybe 2 of them are not as long as I would like but the majority wins so let’s put them in anyway, they will eventually catch up. If any of them were not to come up no worries we will fill that canopy anyway (might take a week more) but a seed not germinating is not the end of the world (unless you only have 1 lol) back so serious 🧐 you can always fill that canopy one should never worry. Now let’s see some pics;
65A283F3 2FFC 4AE2 89E5 EA754571EF82

So next we opened the containers and we had decent tails on the girls so I decided to go ahead and put them in their new home. I never want the tails to be too long neither as it can be harder to manipulate when transplanting without putting some unnecessary pressure on the fragile root.
F41D4C23 F0D6 4F85 96F0 E1194BB2CF21

Here first I took one of my soaking jiffy’s and squeeze it a bit to get some water out then I proceeded with just loosening a bit the top of the jif, then I prepared the little crevasse where the seed will be going in. Not too deep just enough so that the seed will rest even with the surface.
54B6083F CA14 4553 B5E3 76071FA6814D

E8972C83 1A8F 4843 A944 D2F7D51C300D

Then, I take tweezers and gently carry the seed in its place. Tails go down and helmet goes up. (It’s not as bad as it looks)
C256010E E097 4709 9EA9 22E9115EF29F

Then once correctly in place I gently cover it up and I often leave a bit of the seed uncovered (don’t know why but I think it helps her see the light 💡 At least that’s what I tell myself lol)

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good morning guys, welcome back to another day of gardening jamaïcain tomatoes « Wink Wink). With your host here Theindoorfarmer I will carry you through my next steps to success on getting baked but first let’s go see those seeds.
Alright the tails look good an I think we are ready to plant 🌱 maybe 2 of them are not as long as I would like but the majority wins so let’s put them in anyway, they will eventually catch up. If any of them were not to come up no worries we will fill that canopy anyway (might take a week more) but a seed not germinating is not the end of the world (unless you only have 1 lol) back so serious 🧐 you can always fill that canopy one should never worry. Now let’s see some pics;
View attachment 1210831
So next we opened the containers and we had decent tails on the girls so I decided to go ahead and put them in their new home. I never want the tails to be too long neither as it can be harder to manipulate when transplanting without putting some unnecessary pressure on the fragile root.
View attachment 1210835
Here first I took one of my soaking jiffy’s and squeeze it a bit to get some water out then I proceeded with just loosening a bit the top of the jif, then I prepared the little crevasse where the seed will be going in. Not too deep just enough so that the seed will rest even with the surface.
View attachment 1210837
View attachment 1210833
Then, I take tweezers and gently carry the seed in its place. Tails go down and helmet goes up. (It’s not as bad as it looks)View attachment 1210836
Then once correctly in place I gently cover it up and I often leave a bit of the seed uncovered (don’t know why but I think it helps her see the light 💡 At least that’s what I tell myself lol)
Hey , greetings!..I like the way you work, very clean and a nice grow behind you. I like the germination method but too much water for me I wring out the towels so they are wet but no extra water....same on top....what ever works for us I guess and I use Spring water...recommended by a seed company I bought from in the past....in fact they said they would only guarantee germination if I used that water.....I've stuck with that ever since and have had good success.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

B4B0045D 51EB 4845 8159 21A988E5555E

Then all the girls went to party In The humidity dome for a 24hr light show until we see some cotyledon appear. Then the party will be taken down to 18 hours of light and 6 of rest.
BBEDE43F 7875 487E 88E7 7E1FD6F24319
I sprayed the inside of the dome to keep it humid in there and still have the heat mat under at 28 Celsius. The tent is now in production mode boys. So I like to keep it around 23-24 Celsius on the controller and around 75% humidity to help in the final steps of germination and to also help with the removal of the helmet (that’s the seed that is stuck on the fragile stem). If the air is too dry the small plant will have difficulty getting that thing off by itself.(More tips on this later on)
EF03EE01 9F7F 428D A17B FB626FBFE6DC

So from now on every couple of hours I will see if the dome needs some humidity (by looking if the walls of the dome are still wet) and also see their progress. All of this is done through the window of the tent to avoid disturbing the environment.
So now let’s exercise patience while nature does it’s thing. We will be back in 24 hours to update you guys on how many survived the transplant and to continue on this crazy adventure of making some GREAT smoke (and maybe even some concentrates) signing off now and will see you guys later! Peace ✌️

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1210845
Then all the girls went to party In The humidity dome for a 24hr light show until we see some cotyledon appear. Then the party will be taken down to 18 hours of light and 6 of rest.
View attachment 1210839I sprayed the inside of the dome to keep it humid in there and still have the heat mat under at 28 Celsius. The tent is now in production mode boys. So I like to keep it around 23-24 Celsius on the controller and around 75% humidity to help in the final steps of germination and to also help with the removal of the helmet (that’s the seed that is stuck on the fragile stem). If the air is too dry the small plant will have difficulty getting that thing off by itself.(More tips on this later on)
View attachment 1210846
So from now on every couple of hours I will see if the dome needs some humidity (by looking if the walls of the dome are still wet) and also see their progress. All of this is done through the window of the tent to avoid disturbing the environment.
So now let’s exercise patience while nature does it’s thing. We will be back in 24 hours to update you guys on how many survived the transplant and to continue on this crazy adventure of making some GREAT smoke (and maybe even some concentrates) signing off now and will see you guys later! Peace ✌️
Very controlled and super well-plAnned IF, looking forward to seeing more.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hi guys! Big change of plans. Sorry the long log off had work stuff to take care of and with that said all, let’s move along….Won’t happen again X)

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So my plans have changed and decided to say « F IT » and I am trying something completely new to me. There is this big hype about MR.CANUCK grow out there and I decided to test his method and see if it’s as easy as he makes it look. Been a coco guy all my grows but now we try LIVING SOIL! Let’s go for taste and quality instead of going for quantity. So here we go!

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Here is what happened since the last post. The girls were deposited in the jiffy’s and left in the humidity dome. So when they sprouted I took the dome off immediately and keep the temps the same. Instead of transferring them in coco like I usually do, I put them in living soil. Went with the Gaia green living soil,the 4-4-4 all purpose and the Gaia green earthworm castings. I Pre mixed everything up first at 3 tablespoons/gallon of 4-4-4 and added 25% worm castings to the mix. Then transplanted my seedlings in propagation pots with the mix.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Sorry for this last minute change guys, really busy with family and work and I wanted to see if this technique can be easily done for someone that has never grown organic. My fails along the way might be good content for others and who knows maybe I have a slight chance of succeeding…..

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So here are the girls today;
8BA82A0B 823B 4079 AA2B F4620E89C933

99621A7C 0A2A 40FC BD8A C88992D0F4A9

Every day I checked their water weight and also do a foliar (RO/seaweed extract). I also used mycorrhizae at the start to inoculate my soil. Been trying to water less but every 2-3 days. These are .3 gal propagation pot so around 50-60ml per watering. Since I am using RO water I am buffering it with seaweed extract and molasses. I have some twisting of the first leaves but that is not a worry as seedlings will often do this until they grow a bit more(second third leaves should not be affected) or else it could be calcium deficiency. So every week I will be feeding the soil with recharge and microbial mass every 2 weeks. Also for fun, I started 1 blueberry seed in a cell pod to see the difference with the others and it’s crazy how it’s underperforming.
got 1 mutant in all the seeds.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So here are the girls today;
View attachment 1216095
E6027A0A 5AA0 4570 9107 59767E3D0D44

Every day I checked their water weight and also do a foliar (RO/seaweed extract). I also used mycorrhizae at the start to inoculate my soil. Been trying to water less but every 2-3 days. These are .3 gal propagation pot so around 50-60ml per watering. Since I am using RO water I am buffering it with seaweed extract and molasses. I have some twisting of the first leaves but that is not a worry as seedlings will often do this until they grow a bit more(second third leaves should not be affected) or else it could be calcium deficiency. So every week I will be feeding the soil with recharge and microbial mass every 2 weeks.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Had the light 16-18 inches away when I germinated at 30% (+\- 100w) but as soon as 1 popped out raised it to 50% light (+\- 150w) light 300w out of the wall same distance kept 16-18 to avoid stretch. Went for 24hr light until the first true leaves came out. Then swap to 18/6.

Last edited:
Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Here are the products I use for this grow;
Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4
Sea Farm liquid kelp
Wholesome organic molasses
Recharge
Microbial mass
RAW Yucca
Dynomyco Mycorrhizae
62D5F1C2 5FFD 460A A353 9BC5AA324070

B089238B 1EA7 4DA2 9E05 5353842643CA

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Alright! So we up to date now. Today it’s been 2 weeks from seeds and this is what they look like;
071F56EB 035E 496E 8A64 BA3211682188

top picture: bottom right is runt( Jack Herrer)

DB6B0073 65C4 4C9F BA07 312420AB69D7

53BB112B 994D 462C 8495 DD0E90EA1747

B4B90020 E74D 48E6 AEE6 6A89433AF5A8

They are progressing good, a bit slow but good lol. Not sure about my end pot yet for flower as I was supposed to use my drip system with canna and I usually go with 1 or 3 gallons multi feed. I was thinking about 10 gals for flower. Any opinions on the size of my pot for fell free to leave a comment.

Top Bottom