The Investigation Begins

• Thread starter FooDoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rollon

rollon

Out of the thousands of balls I plucked, only two left yellow dust on my fingers so that's a slightly decent sign. A few beans in a few colas wouldn't be horrible, I just want to give meds to people that have 10 seeds per gram. At that point, I wouldn't even feel right giving it to patients. I went back in an hour ago to pluck more balls, they seem to just keep coming back.

Left side has yet to show even a single sack.
Could foliar spray straight h20 keeps the pollin from hitting everything. Plants look great. Good luck

F

FooDoo

Could foliar spray straight h20 keeps the pollin from hitting everything. Plants look great. Good luck

I can't even really get in there to foliar spray lol it's like a jungle. Best I can down is crawl in on hands and knees down the middle alley way . luckily I'm a skinny small guy

T

TIME2UNITE

Are the nanners mainly on the bottoms or are they running all the way to the top?

Some Bubba Hybrid phenos will herm in areas where they don't get much light and stay shaded. The good news is most of the pollen is sterile and if you do get beans it's more then likely just a few premature seeds on the lower buds and not in the colas. I like to grow them with a screen so I can spread them wide and keep em short, that way the light can easily penetrate and the lowers are easy to trim the whole run.

Spraying with water would help kill the pollen but as the grow goes on it will also increase the chances for mold/rot.

F

FooDoo

The hanging ball sacks are all over the bottoms but the calyxes that have hairs and those banana looking things poking out of them with pollen are towards to middle/top.

Nothing at the very top.

And I do agree/think it's coming from the bubba dad because the bubba s1 did this to me but just not anywhere as badly. The tk leaning pheno on the left of the room hasn't shown any signs of herming

F

FooDoo

Purchasing a Santa fe compact 2 to replace my dehumid. Night time humidity climbs to 85% and the Frigidaire 70 can't keep up.

Also did a slight upgrade on my recirculating pump. My chiller is rated at 1200-3000 and the uc came with a 950 so I purchased a 1200 instead and put in a PVC union in case I ever need to replace or repair the pump so I can easily remove it

IMG 20150521 175723233

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
The girls are lookin' lovely Foo...you sure have been having a tough run with the Bubba hybrids...hope they finish strong for you. I had one plant out of 64 Bubbabrid seedlings on my last round herm like it sounds your Cornbread girl did...it put on balls from the bottom of the plant to the top...it's a pity too because it is a beast of a plant.

This Blue Nose Pit put on balls from the bottom of the plant to the top roughly 3 weeks into flower...I cleaned up all the lowers, plucked the few upper balls off and it didn't put on another herm flower the rest of the run. Out of 10 Blue Nose Pits (West Coast Dog x Bubba)...there was one terrible herm and two others put on a couple/few lower balls and the other 7 were completely clean for the duration of flower under moderate stress...at the end of the day it's all a gamble.

Blue Nose Pit ~ Unstable pheno. :/
BlueNosePit

F

FooDoo

Man those are some chunky colas!

I wouldn't mind the Herm's if I was able to cull them but that's the downside of growing in an undercurrent, once they're in, they're in till the end. The bottom balls didn't actually produce any pollen, its the upper calyx that opened up with bananas that actually produced some pollen. There was no way to get in their once the room turned into a jungle so I assume some of the room will def be seeded. Hopefully its not too bad. The keeper cornbread pheno however is prob the best genetic I've grown to date. Can't wait to flower the ghost og x urkle in 5 weeks once these girls are done

F

FooDoo

Keeper cornbread cut

IMG 20150529 185248842 HDR

Had to literally pull a cut out of the garbage because I threw her mom away thinking the Hermie pheno was going to be the keeper. Resilient lil things lol but luckily she made it

Here's one of the ghost og x urkle

IMG 20150529 185623104 HDR

S

steelcanaries

ive noticed that if i put my stakes in at the end of flowerr, the plants blow more balls than a Boy George all-nighter in the Castro...haha...i staked in all my girls at the beginning this time, and today is day 47 and they are clean as a pimp whistling from the inside of fresh Cadilac...got to really check everything with these femmed brids...i missed one lil small cluster of about three male flowers, and the whole cabbie was damn near pollinated...now I really take some time and look at every branch, leaf, and node with a magnifying glass...also, trying to keep stress to a minimum and 100 percent positive there are zero environmental flaws that would trigger my girls to drop balls...one light leak is enough to trigger these femmed brids to herm...button everything up environmentally, feed correctly and consistently and keep the stress triggers to a minimum...definitely give a questionable girl with quality attributes except for the few balls plucked off a second chance...just may find a stellarr clean run of her the second time around...Nspecta, that is great thread idea...Stress triggers of the Chem family, and how to avoid them....

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Love this thread. I think your doing some stellar work!
I'm also growing a CSI fem Chemdawg1 x Bubba Kush hybrid, and culled the one that dropped a few balls early. Mine , unexpectedly outstretched my OG in early flower and had to be moved into her own spot and trained heavily. Like you I'm ok pulling off a few balls in early flower with chem hybrids. Your info about staking the plants early is much appreciated. Thanks.
Peace

F

FooDoo

Took some pictures with the Nikon and noticed a lot of the top growth is just too close to the bulbs. Def cutting veg time back to 14 days and will try to either super crop or put a scrog net in and get rid of the cages. Going to try and still get 2# per light in this tent with shorter plants. My last run was 2.25 per and we'll see what this run turns out to be.

DSC 09356

F

FooDoo

Some crappy cell phone shots at week 6

IMG 20150603 104323800

IMG 20150603 104314929

Truly an amazing pheno. Tall with thick colas.

After this harvest I will be removing the cages on one side and going to build a scrog. If it works out well I'll do it to the other side aswell.

F

FooDoo

Some cell phone shots at week 7. Misplaced the memory card for the Nikon so gotta go buy a new one

IMG 20150612 195951888

IMG 20150612 200006693

IMG 20150612 200021611 HDR

Here's a pinch zoom on mobile of the above pic

Screenshot 2015 06 12 20 32 08

This cornbread is so caked out. And every time my newbie buddy who grew a clone breaks up a hit of his, it smells like a skunk orgy from 5 feet away. Insanely good genetic. The colas are huge, the plants are huge, and the quality is top shelf. She's def a real keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom