The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, The Cannabis Community Drops Kellogg’s

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

The Kellogg Company Drops Michael Phelps, The Cannabis Community Drops Kellogg’s
February 6th, 2009 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

It may have been expected, but that doesn’t make it right.

Late Thursday, cereal and snack manufacturer Kellogg’s announced that it will not renew its sponsorship contract with 14-time Olympic gold medal champion Michael Phelps. The company said that Phelps’ recent acknowledgment of marijuana use, and subsequent apology, was “not consistent with the image” of the company.

We disagree!

As NORML wrote earlier this week, it’s not Michael Phelps who should be castigated, but rather it’s the absurd and hypocritical laws that criminalize the behavior of Phelps and tens of millions of other successful and productive Americans like him that is worthy of condemnation.

Millions of Americans agree. In fact, in the past week dozens of high profile pundits and commentators — including Kathleen Parker in the Washington Post, Stanton Peele in the Wall Street Journal, and Doug Bandow in National Review Online — have demanded a repeal of America’s archaic and overly punitive pot laws.

Michael Phelps is in good company. Nearly one out of two Americans have admitted using marijuana. Whether or not the most decorated athlete in history chooses to unwind during his off time with a glass of wine or a bit of cannabis is really none of the government’s — or our — business.

Please take time today to contact the Kellogg Corporation. Tell them that you oppose their decision to drop Michael Phelps and that, as a result of their actions, you will not be purchasing any Kellogg’s related products for the next three months (or until the company decides to reinstate the Phelps as their spokesperson).

There are several ways you can make your opinion known to the company.

You can call Kellogg’s main telephone number during east coast business hours, Monday through Friday, at: (269) 961-2000 or toll free at: 1 (800) 962-1413.

You can e-mail Kellogg’s consumer services department by visiting: .

You can contact Kellogg’s media relation department at: 269-961-3799 or via e-mail at [email protected].

You can e-mail Kellogg’s corporate responsibility department at: [email protected].

You can e-mail Kellogg’s investor relations department at: [email protected].

Or finally, you can write the Kellogg Company a letter at:

One Kellogg Square
P.O. Box 3599
Battle Creek, MI 49016-3599

When contacting the company, please be polite and concise. Tell them:

“Hi, my name is _____________ and I’m a frequent consumer of Kellogg’s products.

Nearly one out of two Americans has used marijuana. This includes tens of thousands of prominent, highly successful Americans — including our current President. Michael Phelps should not be stigmatized nor condemned for private behavior that he, and millions of others, engage in.

The majority of the public, as well as those in the media, are standing behind Michael Phelps and so am I. I will no longer be purchasing Kellogg’s brand products until your company reverses its decision and reinstates Michael Phelps as your spokesperson.”

Thank you for standing up against the needless discrimination of cannabis consumers.

Source: http://blog.norml.org/2009/02/06/th...e-cannabis-community-drops-kelloggs/#comments

F

fumosigakefanridere

Done it 2!!
yeah ripz u right it really stinks!!
peace

S

Slick

Job done, sent it to all four so they got the message though I doubt Kellogg's will ever reverse the decision. :(

A

Alekiboy

Thanks for putting the form up...
I certainly hope folks at the Farm
stop purchasing their products like I do!!

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
fuck kellogs its not like micheal was smokin some rock everyone should be able to do as we choose last time ichecked hes from the land of the free

I

ismokepot

My letter is in the mail! I for one won't be purchasing any of their products any time soon!!!

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Reinstate Michael Phelps and stop driving athletes to drink!

USA Swimming suspended the 14-time Olympic gold medalist after a newspaper published a photo of him using marijuana at an off-season party.

USA Swimming was not required to punish Phelps, according to Executive Director Chuck Wielgus, but it "decided to send a strong message to Michael..." That message -- athletes must only use alcohol when they party, and they will be punished if they make the safer choice to use marijuana instead.

Use the form below to "send a strong message" to Chuck Wielgus and USA Swimming calling on them to reinstate Michael Phelps and stop driving athletes to drink.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Man, they make some good stoner munchies...friggin Keebler..are you kiddin me...lol and Tony the Tiger!!

Tex

W

wellmedicated

Thanks for the info.Shot them an email and promised no frosted flakes forme...only frosted bud!!!

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
We will get our word out to Kellogg's indeed. Success to Phelps and his bong hits in 2012! What was in that bong after all? Brainstorm Haze perhaps? LOL

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Phelps' Bong Pops Up On eBay, Leads to Arrests
by Peter Mychalcewycz, posted Feb 13th 2009 at 4:01PM

In what can only be described as an example of extreme stupidity, the owner of the bong Michael Phelps was photographed enjoying actually attempted to sell the infamous paraphernalia on eBay.

The bong's asking price was as high as $100,000. One can only imagine the wondrous things the owner would have purchased if he had only been able to cash in on his most prized asset. All those dreams, however, went out the window when police confiscated the bong in relation to their ongoing witch hunt (oops, we mean investigation). The owner of the bong did get something in return for his bold move: He got arrested, along with all the other people who were at the party. Police tracked down the owner and other party attendees after seeing the eBay listing.

Smooth move buddy! Better luck next time.

M

Medic

What an Idiot. When your a world class athlete like that, you keep your partying behiind closed doors. These companies sponsor him and a lot of childrens charity events. To have the kids look up to lets say, a "stoner" ,like us , is just really bad for marketing and company reputations as many of these his companies sponsor heavily into the dare program. Im sure there are more athletes out there, They just havent been caught. Come on man your making milliions, chill in your mansion, hit up some P3 and a crown series roor and blaze all day in your mansion.. I really doubt they really give a rats ass that he blazes as im sure its all about the gold medals baby!! AAMMEEERRIICCCAAA whoooohooooo!!!!! Michael Phelps just fucked up. Lesson learned.

Medic

K

kill-9

Kellog's Stock Dropped big time after this issue:

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/kelloggstock

kellogg_stock.jpg

general_sketch

general_sketch

USA Swimming suspended the 14-time Olympic gold medalist after a newspaper published a photo of him using marijuana at an off-season party.

USA Swimming was not required to punish Phelps, according to Executive Director Chuck Wielgus, but it "decided to send a strong message to Michael..." That message -- athletes must only use alcohol when they party, and they will be punished if they make the safer choice to use marijuana instead.

Use the form below to "send a strong message" to Chuck Wielgus and USA Swimming calling on them to reinstate Michael Phelps and stop driving athletes to drink.

Wow... just boggles the mind, really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom