• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
glad to see the party is still going. when BXing Jaws its always good to keep some of the fgens in there as well that way you can always see how she preforms each way without having to go back and redo a cross. anytime i back cross i will make the f2's at the same time as well. I have a whitefire bx and f2 im working on right now makeing the f2's as well male is dropping pollen in the next few days. gearing this plant towards outdoors working on picking the most drought resistant plants and the males im using are showing no signs of PM.

JAWS

JAWS

glad to see the party is still going. when BXing Jaws its always good to keep some of the fgens in there as well that way you can always see how she preforms each way without having to go back and redo a cross. anytime i back cross i will make the f2's at the same time as well. I have a whitefire bx and f2 im working on right now makeing the f2's as well male is dropping pollen in the next few days. gearing this plant towards outdoors working on picking the most drought resistant plants and the males im using are showing no signs of PM.

are you meaning that f2 should be made from the hybrid that's been chosen to to be the bxing plant?, if so yes sir I do that.

my main issue with making the initial bx is at which stage should I start the bxing with, I have the hybrid made but not 100% sure if I should use the male{s} that I found in the f1 hybrid {which look a lot like my target mother plant} or should I go ahead an make 1 or two more generation and then pick a male.

im an f2 making beast I hate to let a strain get passed me with out making some f2's just in case there fire.

I did hit my GSC with some pollen from my #1 & #8 alien cookies males, this should give me my first GSC BX. just not sure if in the future that's the way I want to processed if/when I do my next bxing.

im not knowledgeable enough to be breeding out things like drought resistant so my breeding is on the most basic of levels over her, not trying to be the next thing or anything like that just trying to put together so nice hybrids and save the good strain in an f-gen when I can.

green crack
black cherry soda
platinum kush
raspberry kush
legend og

those^^^ are the ones I want to get into bx and maybe an IBL at some point. ive got hybrids of all of those made already except for the legend, it was just hit the other day with some fruity pebble og pollen and im still waiting to see if it was a successful breed or not.

still got tons to learn but I don't want to get to bogged down to where it takes the fun out of growing, if that happen for me what's the point..

peace:)

JAWS

JAWS

DECAPITATION 35 days flower

fully seeded, breed to my banana kush f9 male.

Decap x bana f9 1
Decap x bana f9 2
Decap x bana f9 3

sorry a little blurry on this ^^^^^ one.

TRIBAL FRUIT F1
mother===decapitation
father===banana kush f9

peace:snaphappy::snaphappy:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you are gonna cube the plant most of the males traits will be gone, im not saying the male is unimportant. but when cubing a plant the male chromosome will carry the males genes, the females will all take after the mother. since you are just trying to get the female plant into seed form and not trying to create an IBL. ive only gone as far as the bx2 stage with 2 strains but even at this stage all the females are very close to the mother plant some so much you cant really tell the differnce as far as looks go it comes down to smoke and smells. the only time you will really see any of the males traits is in the males, since the females dont carry that Y chromosome they wont show.

JAWS

JAWS

if you are gonna cube the plant most of the males traits will be gone, im not saying the male is unimportant. but when cubing a plant the male chromosome will carry the males genes, the females will all take after the mother. since you are just trying to get the female plant into seed form and not trying to create an IBL. ive only gone as far as the bx2 stage with 2 strains but even at this stage all the females are very close to the mother plant some so much you cant really tell the differnce as far as looks go it comes down to smoke and smells. the only time you will really see any of the males traits is in the males, since the females dont carry that Y chromosome they wont show.

ya now that's what im talking about you much more knowledgeable them me.

if you were going for an IBL and you started with a simple hybrid then bx it into the mother for your first BX how many time would you do the bxing before calling her an IBL. ive heard bx 5-6 would be suitable to a true IBL?.

plain and simple I just want to get the clone only I have into seed form, so if I need to bx it several times to get there then that's what I will do. if I need to try another path like going with a simi long line of ix I can do that as well.

im pretty comfortable in starting with a hybrid then bxing to what ever generation the more knowledgeable ppl think would be a good gen to stop at. if I do this GSC thing and at stage 3 BX3 all my girls are looking like my mother GSC plant i'll be good with that.

life is a never ending class of learning!!!.

much respect:)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you're going for an IBL then you want to work the fgens for as long as it takes depending on how stable the parents are it should be somewhere around the f5-f6 gen according to most that i have read. back crossing a plant to a mother over and over will not give you an inbred line because you are not really doing any selecting you are just taking males of each bx gene and crossing back to the same female and she may not be homogenous.

JAWS

JAWS

ok so to get to an IBL one simply need to run several gens while picking the best rep with each gen?.

the reason for my moving towards the IBL is I just want to get to the most solid rep I can from a seed from a strain that's clone only.

so if getting to that is just geny after geny that's easy enough to get done it will just take some time is all.

whats the point of a BXing and/or putting something in a IX then, what are most breeders doing/looking for when they go down the BXing road or the IX road.

all this time I thought one needed to keep the original female plant clone only or other wise to keep the line pure as one went along to getting to an IBL.

when I see something like TRAINWRECK BX3 from a breeder what could he/she be looking for if BXing like that really does nothing to improve the plant in seed form????......

ahhh hang on just a second it seems to me pretty much all the BX strains I see are usualy from CLONE ONLY strain, so would I be correct in thinking that the BXing process is pretty much JUST to get a clone only strain into seed form??.

my mind is kicking pretty good right now, been toking on some pie and im listening to some pink Floyd THE WALL love that album!!...

if that^^ above is on the right track then what EXACTLY is the IX used for as an end work?.

very interesting guys:writing::writing::writing:

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Right Jaws... f gens will stabilize.. True inbred line needs to inbred not bx'd. I think, from my experiences, back crossing will increase the % of phenos like, but not an exact replica by any means, of the plant you are back crossing to. I also think it allows certain traits to be present in most plants throughout successive f gens.. I like back crossing 2 or 3 times, before I start inbreeding. IME, it's easier to find keeper phenos I like while testing f2 - f4.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
an IX will follow a back cross and you could do this in order to improve some of the clone only traits. like say you had 3 or 4 monster thick branching males and the clone only had very weak branching. at this point you already did the BX2 instead of taking those males and mixing thier pollen and hitting the clone only again, you look in the BX2 gen females and find some that are very much like the clone as far as taste and high go and you let the BX2 males hit them and this would be your IX1 or your first incross. it won't be an F-gen because you went back to the mother or father 2X's to get to this point. F-gens are always moving forward and most of the time away from thier originals as you look for better yields, faster flower times whatever. romulan is a perfect example of this 90% sativa that flowers with the speed of an indica.

JAWS

JAWS

lots of good knowledge on this page for-sure, thanks guys for all your help!!.

I think may be my path has become pretty clear on what im going to be doing in my breeding projects from here on out.

making hybrid
making f-gens
making bxing

i'll leave all the long drawn out tech for ppl with more knowledge then myself.

awesome info:writing:

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Nice looking babies, Jaws! Great info Twist. I don't really understand the difference between incross and backcross. Can you clarify a little....this is new for me. I was under the impression that by backcrossing, some traits can become more stable.

My bx theory:
Cross Blueberry andHaze, call it BH. The offspring in the first gen will be varying percentages of the two parents. If I make f2s at this point, it will be difficult to find a pheno that with all the traits I'm looking for. If I choose a 1st gen BH male to bx the Blueberry, the dominant traits carried from the Blueberry to the 1st gen BH male should become more stable, when bx'd to the Blueberry. If the male BH bx1 seed carries those dominant Blueberry traits, another bx should lock in those traits in almost all the offspring. These few traits, now somewhat stable, should be dominant in a larger % of plants throughout the inbreeding process. I think of this as a way to have a better chance of finding plants with those traits I like. I can't say that it works for sure, but like the results I'm having. :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

In following this method ive noticed some males have dominant genes that are tough to bread out for example my or the bubbas ive worked with they all have dominant single cola with minimal secondary branches unless heavily trained anyhow i noticed the more i selected for the branching in the f1's , 2's and 3's the further i went from mothers scent and high. .. Just an example

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
a back cross is taking a generation male or female back to its parents or grand parents. in like the example you gave your looking for blueberry traits. if you keep doing this you will bury the haze traits thus your haze male really dont matter. if you want some haze influence after the 1st or second back cross you would do an incross. you would select your 75/25 bluerberry/haze females and males and cross them over a larger pool and work towards stabalizing a 75/25 blueberry/haze plant. but if you keep back crossing only all your females will end up like your blueberry mother with the haze influence only showing up in the males or outcrosses

JAWS

JAWS

the beans for the next round.

1. alien dojo f1====10
2. bear og f1======5
3. double basic f1===5
4. c99 f4========5

PICT7743
PICT7744

really had no idea I was going to run the c99 but ive wanting to try this girl for years and have just never pulled the trigger on her, while I was getting the bear og she just was kind of there so I decided to give her a run.

JAWS

JAWS

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

forum
Gsc ban 9 3

looks like the banana pollen took pretty well id say..

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

forum
Gsc  ac 8 1 1
Gsc  ac 8 1 2

oops sorry a little blurry but its pretty clear that the pollen from the ALIEN COOKIES worked well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom